shape
carat
color
clarity

Help! What sort of wedding band do I get??

kmanna

Rough_Rock
Hello- I have a 2.4 ct J/K ish color stone in a low profile platinum setting. I can't figure out what sort of wedding band to get. Any thoughts or pictures would be great!!

I have visited a few jewelers who have had no suggestions. What was worn with these estate pieces in their hay-day?

Does a straight eternity band look odd? Will the rings damage each other?

I am pretty against the idea of having something soldered to my ring...

I purchased the ring from an antique jeweler in Jewelers Row in Chicago. I think I'll probably have him help me to have something made that matches the site and stone color.

Any opinions would be great!!

Please ignore how dirty my ring is!

_15428.jpg

_15429.jpg

_15430.jpg

_15423.jpg

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I think a simple plat. eternity with single cuts w/in a shade or 2 of your e-ring would be great. I'd probably go for vintage or vintage style cuts as in the photo...
Is your stone an OEC? I can't quite make out the facets on my iPad?

_15431.jpg

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
You ring looks a lot like mine! I have tried many bands, but I think for now I'm sticking to just a plain one. but if you want to get an idea, here are the pics of the ones that were my top contenders and the one that I am wearing now. image_1284.jpg image_1283.jpg

My current choice. I have no idea why my IPhone is making my skin and overall color look orange.
image_1316.jpg

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
I'd have something made to specifically go with your Ering.

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
When you say you're looking to have something made in order to "match the site," do you mean a countoured band? If you don't get it soldered, it will spin, then it will just end up looking like a plain band. Something to think about. I agree with not getting anything soldered, though! I had a countoured band to match my e-ring, and I wore it for a couple of years... then it sat in my jewelry box for about nine years. This past fall, I finally had to reshank my e-ring, so I had them use the wedding band shank! So at least now I wear (part of) it daily now. :)

What jeweler did you use, if you don't mind sharing? I am heading up to Chicago next month and may want to pay him a visit. :)

KristinTech

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Harpertoo|1393626251|3624935 said:
I think a simple plat. eternity with single cuts w/in a shade or 2 of your e-ring would be great. I'd probably go for vintage or vintage style cuts as in the photo...
Is your stone an OEC? I can't quite make out the facets on my iPad?

I will take one of each, please! :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results