shape
carat
color
clarity

BRR--It's cold outside. How warm do you keep your house?

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Re: BRR--It's cold outside. How warm do you keep your house

78 my joints like it warm.
I have developed really bad arthritis in the elbow I had operated on and moderate to bad in the other and knees.
Anything lower than that and they get stiff and hurt and life is too short to be hurting all the time to save a couple bucks.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

MC|1393696436|3625308 said:
It normally doesn't get very cold around here, so having the thermostat set at 68-69 is about perfect. I normally turn it down at night to 63. For some reason, I can't sleep if the heat is left on at night.

Yep! Not too cold most of the time. We leave ours at 68-69 but I don't turn it down at night. I can't sleep if it is too cold and 68-69 is already pushing it for me.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock

Man, I would freeze my butt off in some of your houses! :-o We keep it at 71-72 in the winter and I'm still cold! We live in a brick condo building and there is no insulation between the outside brick and the walls, so it is COLD by the windows, and we have LOTS of windows. We've also been stuck in a Polar Vortex for about 2 months. My gas bill gives me a panic attack each month.

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I am really a wimp! We usually keep the temp at about 75 but if I feel a chill because a door was left open or something i have been known to raise the downstairs to 78 for a few hours. I would say we keep the temp about 72 in the summer! I feel for everyone who is buried under allat snow! I don't know how you all have gotten through it all winter long,

amc80

Ideal_Rock

67 at night and 69 during the day.

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock

I keep ours at 71 during the day and 68 at night. I still freeze all day long and always have a hoodie on over my clothes.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock

63 at night/67 during the day. Fortunately we have a 2 story family room w/ a loft above it, so we can set the temp pretty low downstairs and still be warm (almost toasty) upstairs. If everyone's downstairs, we usually use the gas fireplace to bump up the temp a bit.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium

60 to 70 depending on where we are. When we wake up and go downstairs, the heat lowers to 60 upstairs and rises to 70 downstairs. Vice versa when we go to sleep at night. It's on automatic timer so upstairs goes down to 60 @ 6 am and rises to 70 at 6 pm.

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock

We also keep ours at 70ish during the day and 68-69 at night. DH is a radiator so I just snuggle up to him if I'm colder at night. Last night we had it at 80 because I *finally* got sick this winter with 102 fever. Oh, and we live in Chicago and this winter has sucked butt.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results