shape
carat
color
clarity

Trying to imitate this setting.

partners

Rough_Rock
Charmy - she does like the cathedral in that originAl LM because it all fits together very well. However, when she sees it on other designs, it is not too flattering in her eyes.

Hi diamondseeker - I have read that about some LM pieces that they are more for show than for wear. I'm sure I can request the ring specs be changed just a little so as to make it more durable. The width of the band comes to mind - is there anything else I can request or ask for to make the ring sturdier ? Size of center stone is 2ct 8.21 mm and As far as budget, the less the better haha

I am not sure how I feel about the vatche sourced via idj....

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
I know people have different views but my LM rings are built like rocks. They are super delicate with 1 mm shanks pave. Worn daily for several years without issues. Best of luck - you will know when you land on one but make sure you know what you want before going to LM.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just to clarify, I have seen two people post there that their heads came apart on their thin LM rings and I have heard of others who had other problems such as out of round shanks. Victor will not make a pave shank less than 1.8mm and the head should not be too thin, either (the second LM ring you posted looks dangerously thin to me and isn't even as good a design aesthetically, in my opinion). Just giving you the warning. I haven't heard of SK's rings having structural problems, but all pave rings should be treated with care. I personally would favor Victor or Steven for this particular ring and probably wouldn't go with other options just to save $1k. If it has to be a NY vendor, I would choose the SK Preciosa hands down.

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1393824803|3626263 said:
If it has to be a NY vendor, I would choose the SK Preciosa hands down.

That would be my choice as well.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
partners|1393805782|3626081 said:
Gypsy|1393729374|3625606 said:
I don't think it matters what we think of it, if your lady loves it. Her's is the only opinion that matters. :wavey:

Awww thanks Gypsy.

Anyways, was slickly chatting with the GF and she also mentioned she liked a more simpler version of the earlier one I had posted. It is another LM piece and can be seen here : https://leonmege.com/index.php/portfolio/view-all/engagement-ring-wedding-band-set-detail
It is the LM r1079.

What do you guys think between the two?
She is not sure about the cathedral thingies on the side of the original piece.
I am also thinking the original looks good because the stone is a honkin 3+ ct and mine is only 2ct.

Suggestions?

I like this one because of the reduction of pave. But I prefer the cathedral of the other. Maybe a hybrid?

partners

Rough_Rock
Got quotes from SK for the preciosa and the ringabling imitation.

Waiting on quote from LM for the ringabling imitation.

Also got a quote from ERD CAD.

BTW, she is torn between the ringabling imitation and preciosa. I think either one will make her happy.

Any others to consider?

Am I limiting myself by just staying local to NYC or is that reasonable? Are there other good choices to consider?

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yes, I think you are limiting yourself by staying local. I'd put Victor Canera on your list. He's in LA, but he's totally legit and great to work with.

partners

Rough_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1394028172|3627905 said:
Yes, I think you are limiting yourself by staying local. I'd put Victor Canera on your list. He's in LA, but he's totally legit and great to work with.

Anything similar to what I am looking at over at VC?

Do you have his email? I clicked contact on his site but have not heard back.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're not permitted to post email addresses. He's also on FB, you could try messaging him that way, or call his shop directly.

He can make whatever you want, so while this exact design may not be in his gallery, he can likely make it. Quality will be close if not better than Leon.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock

partners

Rough_Rock
quotes came back from SK and LM and they are about the same...

decisions, decisions!!

BTW, spoke to the Gf and she is shying away from the cathedral style.

So we are looking at ringabling's ring without the cathederal or something similar to this : http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/solitaire/r0218.html

any insight?! pulling hairs here :loopy:

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Steven lets you come in for prong checks and routine checks. Does Leon? I would ask about follow on bench work. Since you are local.

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
partners|1394472252|3631080 said:
quotes came back from SK and LM and they are about the same...

decisions, decisions!!

BTW, spoke to the Gf and she is shying away from the cathedral style.

So we are looking at ringabling's ring without the cathederal or something similar to this : http://www.stevenkirsch.com/engagement/solitaire/r0218.html

any insight?! pulling hairs here :loopy:

It's a beautiful design and since your GF loves it you cannot go wrong here :appl:
One thing to consider: will GF wear a wedding band with her e-ring? Since there are diamond on the gallery base (sorry don't know the right wording), she would have to use a spacer to not damage the wedding band.

Good luck deciding!!

WillyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Then speak to Chris at ERD, confident you will be happy.
Best of luck

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results