shape
carat
color
clarity

How to trade up my diamond or resell?

blingmom

Rough_Rock
I have a 1.27 RB VVS2 color I diamond. I would like to get a larger diamond maybe of less quality. Can anyone recommend on the best way to do this? I am in So Ca about an hour and a half near the diamond district if that helps. Any recommendations on who to see or where to go? I would love to get a VC ring. Thank you!!!

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you're thinking about a VC setting then I'd start there. He can source stones for you. I don't think I'd go lower than an I in a MRB (perhaps I would for an OEC, though), but there's certainly room to move in clarity. You could try for a VS2 or an eye clean SI1 and get a better cut or larger stone.

And I'm sorry but I just realized I didn't answer the question in your title. If the vendor you bought you stone from doesn't have an upgrade policy, then I'd try selling it privately via Loupetroop or Diamondbistro. You could even try ebay. Understand that you won't get the full value/retail price of your ring back . And some people have better luck selling the stone separate from the setting.

blingmom

Rough_Rock
So I was wrong, my diamond is 1.42 carats :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can try loupetroop or diamond bistro and list it our pre-loved forum with a link to your listing.

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
blingmom|1393717102|3625487 said:
So I was wrong, my diamond is 1.42 carats :)

Is it certified w/in the last 5 years or so? If it's certified, I think it'll be easier to sell than if it's uncerted.

blingmom

Rough_Rock
My diamond is GIA certified. I've had it for 9 years.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
That's good.

The vendor your purchased it from doesn't offer upgrades? I'd consider listing it on LoupeTroop or Diamond Bistro, and then put a listing in the PS Preloved forum with a link to your listings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results