shape
carat
color
clarity

Wedding Day Earrings

So, per the previous advice, I did go out and buy the matching handbag/wallet combo that I know that she has had her eye on. I did want to get her something else though, and I overheard her saying last night that she wanted "dangly" earrings for the wedding and she would just go get some "cheap" stuff to wear that day. Again, rings are covered and we had a custom diamond necklace made with her late mothers ER/WB stones. So I figured I would go with the earring or bracelet thought.

Went to my jeweler and he had these. I think he said 2.1ct TW in 18K white gold and he would give them to me for $3995. What do you think? Does this seem right, and is there anything out there like this that you would suggest?

_15339.jpg

_15340.jpg

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the earrings from what I can see of them.

As for the bracelet. I'm not liking either of those. The pave one is pretty but will get banged around and that's not good with pave. The other one is okay but I'm not a fan of that basket setting it's too much metal for the diamonds.

What do you think of this? for http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/diamond-bracelets/three-prong-tennis-bracelet-14k-white-gold-5451w14#more the price for the 3 carat version should be around 4,400 like the bluenile one.

Here's another of the same design: http://www.whiteflash.com/diamond-bracelets/three-prong-diamond-tennis-bracelet-507.htm

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I couldn't find exact matches on the earrings, but I looked around. If the diamond clarity and color are nice (F/G and VS/SI and clean) price seems fair.

Here is what I used to compare the price (divide carat weight by price to get price per carat and compare that way) they are all 18kt so that matches:
http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamond-18k-white-gold-dangle-earrings_6290.html?cid=29&src=c
http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamond-18k-white-gold-dangle-earrings_6712.html?cid=29&src=c
http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamond-18k-white-gold-dangle-earrings_2657.html?cid=29&src=c
http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamond-18k-white-gold-dangle-earrings_6349.html?cid=29&src=c

I like the ones your jeweler has better than any of these so... yeah, as long as you can return them if she doesn't love them, why not???

Thank you for the responses. All very helpful!

I was all ready to pull the trigger on the earrings from my jeweler on Saturday, and my fiancé tells me Friday Night that she really wants a pair of earrings to match the necklace that we had made for her using her mother's stones. And she intends to go buy "costume jewelry" to accomplish this task. So now I am back to the drawing board and I am running out of time! I have attached what the necklace looks like. I would like to keep it a bigger center stone with halo of small stones around it, but if I have to go the cluster route, I think that works too. If I can be in the $2K-$3K range for something quality, that would be great. If I have to go to $4K because there is a great deal out there, I would consider it.

I have no idea what I am doing in looking for this. PLEASE HELP!

Examples that I have found, one with center stone, one with cluster:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Natural-1-76CT-14K-White-Gold-Round-Diamond-Halo-Solitaire-Dangle-Drop-Earrings-/231145165025?pt=US_Fine_Earrings&hash=item35d15350e1

http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamond-18k-white-gold-dangle-earrings_4227.html?cid=29&src=c

_15478.jpg

_15479.jpg

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Removed (by me), as this is not the best suggestion.

Hudson_Hawk

Super_Ideal_Rock
RockyRacoon|1393879229|3626674 said:

I didn't mean to come off critical of your suggestion, I just wanted the OP to know they'd be on the hook for center stones.

RockyRacoon

Brilliant_Rock
Hudson_Hawk|1393888315|3626812 said:
RockyRacoon|1393879229|3626674 said:

I didn't mean to come off critical of your suggestion, I just wanted the OP to know they'd be on the hook for center stones.

Not at all!

It was a bad suggestion on my part, so I appreciate you bringing it to my attention. I failed to read the fine print about the center stones being an additional cost, which would put these out of OP's price range.

I removed my recommendation just to be sure OP could evaluate the other recommendations without any confusion!

Thanks for the suggestions. I really loved the Firenze options, but it appears as though the options from Firenze are all custom order and will take too long to get here. Any other ideas of where/what I can buy and have it shipped expediently?

You don't have to find it for me, just tell me the reputable online jewelers that I should be looking at.

Was the ebay one I posted not a good option?

THANK YOU!!!!

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
emerald-in-the-rough|1393952271|3627248 said:
Thanks for the suggestions. I really loved the Firenze options
You don't have to find it for me, just tell me the reputable online jewelers that I should be looking at.

Was the ebay one I posted not a good option?

THANK YOU!!!!

Warning! When it comes to dangling earrings, it is important to note the dimensions (especially the dangling length). The pair from your jeweler appears to be 1.5 inches long. I think the length will look nice. The Firenze pair is only one inch long and the diamonds are very tiny (hence small width). Just make sure the dimensions look nice on your bride and are exactly what she wants. Some people prefer the dangling earrings long, and some prefer short. Perhpas, get her try on some real-life dangling earrings to get an idea before ordering (specifying earring dimensions).

If it were my case, I would contact Vera from Whiteflash to see what she can do for me, in terms of price and timeframe. From the Whiteflash website, there are cluster (stud type) earrings and pendants (readily available) of various sizes (diameter sizes). Perhaps, Whiteflash can link some of them together (three, graduated) to make the correct length of dangling earrings for you. The job will be semi-custom, and may not take as long as a full custom order.

In terms of style, also consider the style options of (dangling from) lever or stud. lastly, to make sure about the dimensions (how the earrings hang), ask for a live model photo.

I would stay away from eBay, because it is difficult to know for sure the quality of the diamonds. With Whiteflash (or Brian Gavins), I know for sure the diamonds will be of great quality (sparkle madly). Jewlery that is worth a few thousand dollars is nothing to sneeze at. Take time and efforts to pay attention to all details.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know anything about that e-bay seller, but I really like the earrings because they're convertible - she can wear them with or without the cluster drop, and can even use the earrings with other "charms" later on. Be sure to get out a ruler or some calipers so you can envision what these earrings will look like in real life. I think the .9" total drop (top of the earring to bottom of the danglie) is very nice and would be flattering on most women. These earrings would also be more useable than the more ornate earrings you were looking at earlier, although they won't make the same "big" statement.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
The pendant you had made with her mom's stones is so pretty! :love:

Just a question...will she wear dangle earrings after the wedding day or does she normally wear smaller stuff? I'm kind of hopelessly practical and wonder if it'd make more sense to go with something that she can wear more often if you're going to spend $3K. I really like the idea of a diamond bracelet of some sort or maybe stud earrings. She might choose to wear costume jewelry earrings for the wedding *and that is alright!!!*...what about something else for her to wear that she can then wear to work or out-and-about?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Just to give you an idea about how the drop length changes the appearance of the earrings, I am attaching two photos for your review. The second photo is a markup of the first, but with an extra melee in the middle of the chain for purpose of lengthening.

Note that the center diamonds are over 0.7ct and 1.0 ct respectively, so the earrings cost quite a bit. However, you can still have the same dimensions using the less expensive, cluster diamond style that employs larger size melees in the halo and thus allows a smaller diamond in the center.

halo_drop_earring-longer.jpg

halo_drop_earrings.jpg

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
MC|1393955354|3627280 said:
I'm kind of hopelessly practical and wonder if it'd make more sense to go with something that she can wear more often if you're going to spend $3K. I really like the idea of a diamond bracelet of some sort or maybe stud earrings. She might choose to wear costume jewelry earrings for the wedding *and that is alright!!!*...what about something else for her to wear that she can then wear to work or out-and-about?

I totally agree with MC. If I were young like you and your bride who just start out in life, I would definitely get the much less expensive costume jewelry earrings. Furthermore, if I had the extra $3K (realistically would need at keast $6K), I would get myself a pair of diamond stud earrings or a diamond bracelet, which I shall certainly wear much, much more often. (The diamond bracelet can be worn at the wedding.)

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'd call Firenze and see what they have for you in stock now and have them send you pictures.

I also agree on the financial advice.

Marina87

Rough_Rock
Emerald in the rough, the earrings in the first photo are gorgeous :love: :love: :love: :love: those really caught my eye immediately. I also love love love these earrings in particular that Gypsy posted http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamond-18k-white-gold-dangle-earrings_2657.html?cid=29&src=c. This inspired me to start thinking about an early birthday gift :saint:

That is so sweet of you to surprise her with earrings matching the necklace made with her mother's diamonds. I don't agree with the bracelet or studs though. If she's made it clear or hinting that she's searching for dangle earrings and $2k-$3k sits comfortably within your budget, then go for the matching earrings. That would make a PERFECT jewelry set she would enjoy for years to come. If this indeed is a stretch though, then go with the costume earrings she's looking for. The ones you posted: http://www.firenzejewels.com/diamond-18k-white-gold-dangle-earrings_4227.html?cid=29&src=c are a great match! I agree with Gypsy in that you should call Firenze. They may be able to find a very similar style to those within the same day as they're located in the jewelry district.

Keep us updated!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results