shape
carat
color
clarity

Newbie introduction

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I've been a lurker for awhile and thought it was time to introduce myself. I am a LIW, have been with my BF for nearly 8 years (since I was 15!) and am very lucky to have such an amazing man in my life. We have always talked about marriage and know it is in our future, just waiting on the money side. I'm still a student, doing my Master's in Clinical Psychology and my BF is an accountant.
My dream engagement ring would be a 1ct AVC set in a simple rose gold solitaire, four prong with a thin band. My favorite ring/set on pricescope would be KSmom's rose gold ring/set!
I also love vintage jewelery, especially rose cut, emeralds and antique cushion diamonds! :love:
I'm lucky enough to live in one of the most beautiful countries in the world, New Zealand (where RDG are :naughty: )

Any way! That's me, looking forward to many years drooling over everyone's bling! ;-)

Julysnight

Rough_Rock
Welcome!

Lots of engagement dust your way! Hopefully you will be engaged sooner than later :)

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, I'm from NZ too! :wavey:

I was so glad to find this website, my engagement ring would have been rubbish without PS! :wink2: I got my OEC from a PSer and my setting from OWD.

Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
WELCOME! :wavey: An AVC in RG sounds amazing!

Chewbacca said:
Hello, I'm from NZ too! :wavey:

I was so glad to find this website, my engagement ring would have been rubbish without PS! :wink2:

Twinnie, I love how you say 'rubbish'. Haha. :love:

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply's, sad to say I was pretty excited when I saw them :lol:

Thanks for the dust Julysnight, I don't think it will happen for a year or two yet but that's ok with me. He said he would have proposed by now if I had been happy with any ring, so I'm happy to wait to get my dream ring. Poor boy I think I've scared him a little bit he seems very worried he will mess it up but still doesn't want me to be involved cause he's a bit old fashioned and wants it to be a surprise.

Hi fellow kiwi Chewbacca :wavey: yes me to, although I can already seeing it go the other addiction type way :Up_to_something: . Your ring sounds gorgeous! Can't wait to see photos! It will be pretty unique in NZ. I wonder if I do get an AVC if it will be the only one in NZ. That would be exciting!

Thank you for the welcome Madelise! Haha rubbish must be a kiwi thing, we say it a lot. All the other AVC in RG I've seen so far look amazing.

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Oh wait I just found your ring Chewbacca! Its BEAUTIFUL!!! Old cuts and rose gold belong together! Can I ask you about how you found shipping, import taxes etc?

Chewbacca

Brilliant_Rock
nzdiamondlover said:
Oh wait I just found your ring Chewbacca! Its BEAUTIFUL!!! Old cuts and rose gold belong together! Can I ask you about how you found shipping, import taxes etc?

Thanks nzdiamondlover! Make sure to see Ganesha's beautiful 2.8ct original. If only I had the funds to buy it, its been popping up on Pre-Loved! Swoon city.

I didn't have any frame of reference when I (aka SO) was buying, I'd love to share! It was $30USD to ship the diamond within the US from the seller to OWD, then $50USD insured FedEx shipping from OWD to NZ. The duty/tax/levy charge was 20% of the ring value, which was a bitter pill to swallow!

If you aren't the only AVC in NZ you'll at least be one of only a handful! :naughty:

P.S. Hi madelise! 33 sleeps to go! :loopy:

nzdiamondlover

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the information Chewbacca, it's about what I expected :nono: . I guess 20% is like half the price of a trip to US. Maybe we'll just have to go pick it up :Up_to_something:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results