shape
carat
color
clarity

My new art deco ring

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I am still torn about keeping this ring, but it is absolutely beautiful and it deserves a SMTB post. I found it on ebay and showed it to my husband and he instantly loved it.
The ring is 1.98 tcw. It is an authentic platinum art deco era ring (circa 1920s). The center is a .63-.69ish OEC and the surrounding diamonds are listed as OEC, but they have very high crowns. I LOVE this about the ring. Looking at all that diamond chunkiness! :love: :love: I also love that is sits low on the finger making it so comfortable.

Anyway, I keep wanting to wear it on my left hand and am trying to get used to the coverage on my right.

dsc_0343.jpg

dsc_0345.jpg

dsc_0348.jpg

dsc_0349.jpg

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
More pics...(My hands are so dry in this Texas weather. But, hopefully the ring will eclipse that little embarrassing detail :wink2: )

2014-02-25_17.jpg

2014-02-25_4.jpg

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely ring! But, I have been wondering about your avatar? Is that your e-ring? Is there a thread?

pixgirl

Shiny_Rock
I SO love this ring. The chunkiness and especially the low profile. It is perfectly beautiful. Enjoy!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that is really pretty!!!!!

SB621

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE. THIS.RING!!!!!!!!! :love:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh. It is AMAZING! :appl:

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yum...I LOVE it. If you change your mind about keeping it just send it my way :wink2:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
braga123, here's the link. I realized I really did't learn my lesson b/c I took this new ring in for Kube's to appraise it. I forgot how irritated at them I was in that post. :lol: Oh, well...there's such limited resources here. I guess I for sure know that what they gave me is the absolute most conservative estimate of it.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-oec-has-a-home.173789/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/finally-my-oec-has-a-home.173789/[/URL]
(Its kinda wordy)

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
And thanks ladies :wavey: for the compliments. It kinda is giving my ering a run for it's money with attention lately.

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
So pretty! Love the setting. :love:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it, thanks for sharing!

DK :love:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful ring. I like the deco design, lower setting and finger coverage...zowee :)

AnnaH

Brilliant_Rock
Love it! :lickout:

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Oh wow! It's beautiful. And looks so comfortable on your finger. I just love it! Great find :love:

kelpie

Ideal_Rock
It's so pretty! I hope it wins a place on your hands!

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
I couldn't resist a sunny day after the few dreary ones we've had here to take some pics. :tongue: Sorry for the overload!

ps. BrightIce, I sent you a message on LT. I wasn't sure if you got it. I had some questions for you. Thanks!

2014-02-26_17.jpg

2014-02-26_0.jpg

2014-02-26_1.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
:love: :love: :love:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Add me to the list of those who want dibs on this ring should you decide not to keep it! I think it's heavenly! :love:

ihy138

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh, my! That is stunning. I love the art deco goodness and holy finger coverage!!! Would you be willing to share the seller you got it from on eBay? Always looking to expand my favorite sellers list. :love: :love:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Yenny, I am trying so hard to hang on to it. I bought with the hopes that I would spend my cash and not have any to feed my obsession for trying to find more french cuts. It.is.not.working! I am enjoying being back on PS though, but it will only be a matter of time before my DH tells me I spend more time on here than hanging out with him again. Ha!

Oh, and the ebay store is http://www.ebay.com/usr/mwtj
(Hope the link works.) They have a few things, but definitely aren't a huge operation. Great couple and great reviews.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My heart skipped a beat when I saw it, it is very like one I had stalked on ebay. Gorgeous

D

Deactivated member 42515

This picture!!!! Wow!!!! No words! I'm gaga over this ring!

imageuploadedbytapatalk1393485062.jpg

sparkleme

Rough_Rock
:love: This is such a gorgeous ring! Congratulations! You have sparked an art deco ring obsession in me!

lovefordiamonds

Shiny_Rock
beautiful! congratulations!! I agree - i love the high crowns!

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
Yowsers, I don't post often at all, but this is a beauty. If you really consider letting it go, add me to the list as well!

kroshka

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
kroshka|1393526053|3624121 said:
Yowsers, I don't post often at all, but this is a beauty. If you really consider letting it go, add me to the list as well!

kroshka

:wavey: Hi!!!!!!!! Great to see you around here, kroshka!!!

Okay, add me to the list! I love it, too! :love:

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1393565537|3624538 said:
kroshka|1393526053|3624121 said:

kroshka

:wavey: Hi!!!!!!!! Great to see you around here, kroshka!!!

Okay, add me to the list! I love it, too! :love:

Looks like you guys have a chance!
http://loupetroop.com/listings/rings-natural-diamond-center/gorgeous-platinum-art-deco-ring-circa-1920s
OP, I hope you don't mind that I got the race going for you, but I just saw the listing, and this beauty should stay in the PS family!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
That art-deco lovely looks great on your hand. The finger coverage is perfect. :appl:

vinjewels

Brilliant_Rock
Braga123, I didn't realize you had til just now. Thanks! My husband thanks you too! For the past week, I have been trying to think of every nit picky thing about it (competes with my ER, just too big for my right hand given where I live, too blingy to wear for everyday). Finally I just had to admit I was still in love, err...obsessed... with another ring. I am SO glad I fostered this one (to borrow from Dreamer) because it was worth buying to pass along to someone that values it for what it is.

That being said, I called my husband yesterday and told him I was borrowing from savings to buy my band back. When someone on the other thread asked if I would be bothered if someone else bought it, I realized I needed to stop fighting it and just go get it (like now). I will probably eat the cost of the ring when and if I split it up, but its worth it. I will probably start a thread about the reset. This time, I want to go thru the process on pricescope because I did it on my own last time and there are so many things I would have done differently in hindsight.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results