shape
carat
color
clarity

Ilander, can you help?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I have scoured my house - my coloured diamonds are missing: all 4 of them. The green and blue share a gem box, the yellow is in a box of its own, and the pink has its own box as well...but they're all in the same little plastic baggie together. I had all of my most valuable rings and loose stones on the kitchen bench, along with my loupe. This was last week, around Tues, and I had just given the house a good clean. I remember taking the ring I'm selling, plus the ebay one I purchased, and my loose OEC and putting them all in the zippered compartment of my purse. I wanted to take them to work to measure with the digital callipers. I *usually* keep all of my valuables together, and I remember wondering if I should take the colored diamonds as well. For the life of me, I can't remember if I decided to do so or not! That was around last Wed.

Today, I realized they aren't with the others in my purse. My loupe is on the kitchen bench by itself. I have looked in the bathroom drawer that I regularly put gems, and in the bedside table they usually call home. I've not had the trash taken out in that time, and I sorted through it piece by piece. I've looked under furniture, through all drawers, everywhere I could imagine the cats knocking it down and playing with it.

They are all gone. I am so distressed. ;(

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
Oh no ginger!
After what u have been through with luggage. I hope they surface somewhere soon.
Dust sending your way.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
In a pocket shaped thing?

justginger

Ideal_Rock
I've looked everywhere I could think of - I discovered that I had misplaced them a day before we were leaving Perth to visit relatives in Brissie. I think I did a pretty thorough job, but I haven't given up yet - will resume the search when we return. I feel 80% confident that they were last seen on the kitchen counter, so they must still be in the house somewhere. I can't handle the thought of losing tens of thousands of dollars in diamonds!!! :errrr:

kefira

Shiny_Rock
What a terrible feeling that must be, JG. :( I hope they turn up soon soon soon. Have you checked wherever you clean your jewelry/gems? Sometimes I toss things in to soak and forget them.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh no Ginger, I hope you find them...I feel like they will turn up! Have you checked the silverware drawers or cabinets in the kitchen? Sometimes I inadvertently put things there when I am in the kitchen. Once (or twice lol) I put my sunglasses in the fridge (can we say absent minded haha) and don't even remembering doing that so check in there too. Hope you find them and soon!

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Ginger I am so sorry!! I hope they turn up! I do think they will. More a case of being misplaced than lost.

If you are anything like me you have put them somewhere safe and then because you were in such a rush your brain has a blank spot where that memory should be!

Anyway, here is typically the places I have found my things, when I have misplaced them.

In one of my drawers. Surprisingly often in my underwear drawer. :oops:
In my jewellery box but in beside another piece so not obvious. Go through everything!
Loose in my safe, not in its box or usual spot. Again, pull everything out.
In the drawer where I keep all my jewellery cleaning stuff, steamer, ultrasonic, solutions etc.
In beside the pieces that I currently have up for sale. (That's part of the test of whether I miss them or not. They go else where for a while. If I don't reach for them, they get sold.)
Besides my sink in the bathroom.
Occasionally in my purse. I mean where I keep my money not my handbag. I know that us Brits use slightly different terminology when it comes to that. :bigsmile:

I'm sure you have looked everywhere but sometimes it is the least obvious place they turn up.

Anyway, best of luck! I'm available to come help search if you need manpower. That's if I could focus and not just play with your fab fur babies!!

:wavey:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Try a drawer at work or a drawer in the kitchen some sort of drawer with compartments that pull out rather than a cabinet. Do you have a desk at home with drawers as well? Check there too. I see pencils, is there a drawer in your kitchen you keep pencils and stuff that belongs in a desk or did you leave the bag in your desk at work. Check all the desks and drawers and places with writing implements.

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Thank you all for your good wishes and suggestions. We are back in Perth on Thurs, so a great search will commence then. We've already looked around a good amount, especially near my normal storage spots, but will go through the house inch by inch. I am also going to try a bit of self hypnosis, and if neither that or searching reveals them, I'm going to a proper hypnotist. I feel like they are still around, and I need to do everything possible to get them back!

justginger

Ideal_Rock
Relief.

They have been found. They were on the kitchen bench, but I couldn't remember if they got popped in my purse to take with all the rest, or left behind. I did a bit of self-hypnosis and the subconscious yes/no answers suggested that I did not take them. I gave the house a good clean, which included organizing said bench, last week. I wrote down all of the things I remembered putting away, and then checked in the places those things belong as soon as I arrived home from Brisbane -- at 1 am!

:oops: The diamonds had been shoved into a travel box of tampons, of all things. :lol:

Regardless, they have been located, and it feels like a ton of weight off my shoulders. So relieved and so thankful!!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
Glad to hear it! :appl: :appl:

Now we want a celebratory pic! :naughty: :naughty: :naughty:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whew, that's great!!! :appl: I've been following your thread but didn't really have anything helpful to contribute, SO glad you found them!

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG, I saw them next to something long and skinny so I guessed pencils/ pens etc :lol: Anyway I am glad they were found.

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I can't imagine how relieved you must feel. :appl:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results