shape
carat
color
clarity

show me white sapphire bands!

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
so I had planned on matching my green sapphire ER with a 7-stone chrysoberyl band as WR but I've started wondering if it'll be a too-yellow set for daily wear...

(I know the second photo shows only 5 stones, but I've got ten of them now, in a mix of light yellow to light yellow-green shades)

p1170050.jpg
ring_top__2_.jpg

this got m thinking about maybe getting a white stone band - which got me thinking (and rejecting - the price :knockout: ) of diamonds - how about sapphires? I know this has been discussed on PS alot, about how they aren't as sparkly and seem to get dirty/foggy more often.

but I figured I was originally thinking of chrysos, which are also sparkly in a different way from sapphires and something a little less subtly sparkly might suit the old feel of my ring..

anyway, I would appreciate any opinion - could I consider any other white stone (durability is very important) - and any photos of white sapphire bands to help! TIA :)

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Why do white sapphire? Why not a small white diamond eternity band? It will be much sparklier, and they are easy to find. Quite affordable also as you can find them on preloved, through lower cost vendors, and sold as estate jewelry.

White sapphire is not sparkly.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
pregcurious|1393561199|3624508 said:
Why do white sapphire? Why not a small white diamond eternity band? It will be much sparklier, and they are easy to find. Quite affordable also as you can find them on preloved, through lower cost vendors, and sold as estate jewelry.

White sapphire is not sparkly.
Word. Exactly what preg said.

Most of the cost of a band is actually in the labor of setting so many little stones. Small diamonds are actually pretty cheap. White sapphires really just...well, they aren't as pretty.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto to Preg and Freke. White sapphires do not appeal to me at all and the bulk of the cost is really in the labour itself, not the stones.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could also try white zircon :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
If Sonya is planning to wear the band often since it is a wedding band of sorts, the white zircon will be abraded to heck and back by the end of its first year.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono|1393592659|3624637 said:
If Sonya is planning to wear the band often since it is a wedding band of sorts, the white zircon will be abraded to heck and back by the end of its first year.

Chrono, you're right. I missed the OP's comment about it being intended for daily wear.

sonya, if you are on a tight budget I think you could also look on LT, e.g. there are some bands currently available which you might like and get a good deal at the same time.
http://loupetroop.com/listings/bands

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results