shape
carat
color
clarity

Rough uncut stones

Sunshine219

Rough_Rock
Does anyone know of a reputable place to buy uncut stones? I'm not looking to buy and have them cut, just wanted a few uncut pieces. Thanks

patricias

Shiny_Rock
Trade
What kind of stones? And what size are you looking for?

Sunshine219

Rough_Rock
To be honest, I'm really not sure. I quesss what ever catches my eye. I do love sapphires. Purple yellow, blue, pink and green are colors I love in stones. I tend to like lighter and brighter colors besides the sapphire I like darker blues.

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You could look at Gem Line (Litnon) which has a selection of facet rough available. Mastercut has a few too.

cm366

Shiny_Rock
If you're looking for nice crystals, a specimen dealer will be much more helpful than any of the faceters (butchers!). Maybe someone like http://www.marinmineral.com/ or Brad Payne at http://www.thegemtrader.com/

(I'd email Brad rather than just browse the website, he doesn't list a lot of crystals but usually has a few on hand... Marin puts up a lot of their stock but still has a bunch not listed as well.)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sunshine,
Are you looking for rough material (facetable) or just minerals (unfacetable but still pretty)?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Wow, John Betts is really cool

Sunshine219

Rough_Rock
Chrono|1393505374|3623997 said:
Sunshine,
Are you looking for rough material (facetable) or just minerals (unfacetable but still pretty)?
Mostly unfacetable but pretty. I have no idea how to choose a facetable rough. Maybe one day I'd like to have one, just to have one, but really just pretty thing :)

Thanks for all the links info guys.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results