shape
carat
color
clarity

Master Cut Sale

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Since it was listed some time ago I kept looking at this jadeite cab but had other things on my "must" list. Now on sale, it had to come home to Mama. I can see it as a pendant surrounded by diamonds. When am I ever gonna be able to afford diamonds? ;(

8.98 ct., 12.3x11.5

Anyone else find something?

_15208.jpg

_15209.jpg

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
What a lovely cab! I've revisited the site to look at that one, too. So glad you were able to snap it up :twirl: Hope you'll post pics when you receive it and when you get it set.

But I didn't see the cab in the SALE section! Or does Dana apply the sale site wide?

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice buy! I'm sorely tempted by that parcel of Sri Lankan moonstone, but must resist for now :(sad

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
I didn't buy anything but I really like one of the the blue zircons.

You're quick with making these threads!

28532.jpg

LoversKites

Brilliant_Rock
Just fyi the zircon I linked has now been marked as sold (not me).

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
blingbunny10 said:
But I didn't see the cab in the SALE section! Or does Dana apply the sale site wide?

It was marked down in the Cabochon section. Might have been done earlier, not for this sale, I'm not sure. I'm officially nominating Dana as a honey to do business with! I'm glad it was, it's so nice. Agree about the zircons, LoversKites -- 2 nice ones iirc.

The emerald cab really tempted me too, but doggone it, at that rate I'd never save enough to set things that are crying out for it!

--- Laurie

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did a PSer get that white spinel? I haven't seen that many white ones so it would be great to have more photos :)

katharath

Ideal_Rock
It is very pretty, Laurie! I really like it.

There were a lot of gems that I liked in this sale; mostly spinels. When I looked earlier today most were still there; but when I checked back later almost every single gem I loved was sold. I think a lot of buyers got some beautiful gems today! (I just bought something from Barry last week so I couldn't buy anything today too).

And yes, I LOVE dealing with Dana. He's such a doll! And Barry too - he writes the best emails, lol.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JF,
You didn't buy a piece of jadeite, you purchased a lavender egg. You were ripped off and should send it to me for review. It might take me a few weeks to a few years to verify its authenticity. :cheeky:

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
JF I can't wait to see what you do with it!! It's so beautiful!!! I'm obviously partial to the colour, and it's just so... calming somehow. I'm looking forward to seeing your photos!

Not surprisingly I was partial to several spinels, but didn't buy anything.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Chrono said:
JF,
You didn't buy a piece of jadeite, you purchased a lavender egg. You were ripped off and should send it to me for review. It might take me a few weeks to a few years to verify its authenticity. :cheeky:

Aw, Chrono, I'm all choked up by your altruism. Someday I'll think of a way to pay you back! :naughty: I know -- I'll babysit your emerald for you. It's the least I can do, being the nice kid I am.

--- Laurie

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
JF,
just surround that lovely with diamonds, like you said.
It's gorgeous.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Jewel f,

I've admired that stone, too. I'm trying to save to set my spinel! So glad its gone to a good home. You and Chrono crack me up. :loopy:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Well, Wordie, you can see how disciplined I am at saving to set my tourmaline...and amethyst...and mint garnet...and...and...and. Now I'll add the jadeite to the list.

Today I realized I'd rather have unset stones that give me a thrill to look at than fewer set ones. Yes, it's fabulous to get back a ring or pendant w/a stone I bought & love, but if I didn't blow it when something speaks to me at a good price, I'd always regret it. DH can't understand why I have a lot of gem boxes in my study on the table; he thinks it's messy & nuts. All I can do is shrug; that's the way it is, Buster. :razz:

--- Laurie

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
JewelFreak|1393282777|3622224 said:
Today I realized I'd rather have unset stones that give me a thrill to look at than fewer set ones.
--- Laurie
That's a good realization to make.

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Well, Wordie, you can see how disciplined I am at saving to set my tourmaline...and amethyst...and mint garnet...and...and...and. Now I'll add the jadeite to the list.

Today I realized I'd rather have unset stones that give me a thrill to look at than fewer set ones. Yes, it's fabulous to get back a ring or pendant w/a stone I bought & love, but if I didn't blow it when something speaks to me at a good price, I'd always regret it. DH can't understand why I have a lot of gem boxes in my study on the table; he thinks it's messy & nuts. All I can do is shrug; that's the way it is, Buster. :razz:

--- Laurie

Honestly, I couldn't agree more! I didn't feel this way even a year ago, but I do now. I had planned on making this year a "setting year", but I keep finding loose stones I like and buying them...I feel that the gold/settings will always be available, whereas the gems may not. I have about two dozen that I want to set right now though (that is if I count the pairs as "one", not two), and I think my DH thinks I'm a nut as well. I spend way too much time admiring my little collection, lol. I just adore my loose gems though, and I'm always happy to add another. I love adding new ones...I've become a complete spinel nut over this year. At least half of my loose gems are spinels. In fact I keep meaning to start a thread bc I've added a few little pretties just over the last couple of months.

Anyway...that's my long way of saying that I completely understand your perspective :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Twins from different mothers, that's all I have to say. Oh yeah, and I'm gonna remember that line: "that's the way it is, Buster." :bigsmile:

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
This is on it's way to me.

My budget isn't so great right now since there's a 90% chance I won't have a job after March. We'll have to see about the window once it's in hand. I love the color.

thumb_26705.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Nice color. I can see why it appeals! Look forward to pics when you get it.

--- Laurie

Gem Queen

Brilliant_Rock
Chrono
Just a question: do you have a spectroscope?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results