shape
carat
color
clarity

HELP please - International shipping problem from US to Aust

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, I'm new and I have a problem. I don't know if anyone can advise a solution. Ok, I'm a lover of jewellery. I buy a stack from eBay, mainly US sellers. Mostly I avoid customs duty but when I don't or can't, I pay 10% plus a $50 process fee. I've found a ring on "overstock.com". Their $3000 US ring is quoting as $4700 Aud. Whoa there. $ :angryfire: $3000 US currently converts to $3500 AUD. Add $400 duty include fee = $3,900. Add on $100 registered delivery by Fed Ex = $4000. I enquired and was told that there was a global shipping program. This means the global shipper is charging $700 to do what? I've seen and done international shipping labels. Your details, their details - no huge deal. So, how can I get my ring for around $4000? Any ideas, experience, thoughts? Please. :wavey: :wavey: :confused: :confused:
I just wanted to add the story. My mum had an heirloom ring. A very expensive ring. It wasn't insured because they wanted like $12,000 a year premium. It was a 5 carat diamond in a fancy double halo setting. My parents house was broken into and the ring stolen. It wasn't laser inscribed or anything so it will never ever be found or traced. Anyway, that was a few years ago. I recently saw this ring in stimulant stones and thought I should get it for my mum. But maybe the excessive cost is "gods way" of saying its a bad idea. Do you think it's a bad idea? Will it make my mum sad all over again to remember? She's pretty old now, I just thought it would be nice for her.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Re: HELP please - International shipping problem from US to

Hi :), you may get more responses if you ask the moderators to move this to the "rocky talky" forum. There are many fellow Australians there. I think finding her a ring is very thoughtful, but maybe not something similar, something new to make new memories with? :)

Best!
Mico

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results