shape
carat
color
clarity

Shanghai Tang - Similar stores out there?

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
I recently ordered a scarf from Shanghai Tang to wear to a Chinese dinner - I'm very excited, it arrives next week.

I love the design aesthetic of Shanghai Tang and would consider ordering a few pieces of their clothing except for the fact that there are no stores in Canada. Their email customer service has been superb and they've provided the measurements for each individual item but I'm still hesitant to buy. I have a few questions:

1. Is anyone aware of a clothing line with a similar look and feel? I'm guessing the answer will be 'no'.
2. Where else can I get a high quality Chinese motif scarf/shawl?
3. If you own any S.T. pieces, how do you find the quality?

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
I have bought a few pieces at Shanghai Tang for my daughter while shopping in Shanghai. I thought the quality was quite good, but she is young and typically grows out of everything before wear is an issue. (I wear a little jade, but think I look far too waspy for the gorgeous clothing designs.)
As far as similar motifs, I don't see a lot. Occasionally Hermes might have something. Tory Burch occasionally, but I find the quality lacking recently and the logos seem to have multiplied on all the prints.

I remember ST also had a shop in Honolulu if that helps...I was hoping they might migrate to SF.

maccers

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Harpertoo,

I think Shanghai Tang has closed a number of their USA stores. The only one listed on their site now is in Miami. :(

They've expanded in Hong Kong but appear to have pulled back in North America.

Regardless, I'm excited to see my scarf. Should be here next week, fingers crossed.

Thanks for giving me your impressions re: quality!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results