shape
carat
color
clarity

Thank You Engagement Rings Direct!

KnightsOfCydonia

Rough_Rock
I just wanted to give a shout out to Engagement Rings Direct (and Chris in particular).

Like most men, I knew nothing about buying a diamond engagement ring. My girlfriend and I went to several stores in the L.A. diamond district, and we came away frustrated at their ridiculous pricing and aggressive sales pitches. That’s when I started reading up on rings on Pricescope, and I decided to buy a ring online.

Initially, I was not comfortable with the idea of spending so much money on an item that I could not see and hold in person. For this reason, I would recommend buying a ring online only if you know exactly what style ring you (or your girlfriend) wants.
Based on other Pricescope reviews, I narrowed my online retailers down to James Allen, Good Old Gold, and ERD. Most other companies did not show the actual diamond images and/or the ASET images on their websites. After speaking with all three companies over the phone, I think any of them would be able to provide you with a great ring.

However after a half hour phone interview, I felt most comfortable working with Chris from ERD. ERD provided ASET images for each of their diamonds (James Allen would only provide ASET images for a max of 3 diamonds). ERD also worked with my budget which was also very important. Finally, Chris was very good about returning emails within 24 hours (NY to LA time zone difference made it hard for me to call during business hours).

Chris made the ring buying process easy. I knew what shape diamond and halo setting my girlfriend wanted. First, he worked with me on picking out the right diamond, and then ERD shipped the diamond to me to inspect in person. I then shipped the diamond back, and then we worked on picking out the setting. Although I had a general idea of what kind of setting my girlfriend wanted, I didn't know any of the correct terminology. I emailed Chris a bunch of pictures of the general style we were looking for, and I left some of the creative design choices up to him and the ring forger. Again I was worried about not being there in person to go through each detail, but the end product was absolutely stunning. More importantly, my girlfriend loved it and of course, she said “yes”. I would say that the only downside was that the ring took around 3 weeks to complete (but I suppose quality takes time).

Here are some pictures of the ring (1.7 carat, H, VS2, hand forged micro pave/millgrain halo ring)

npgh2_1.jpg

npgh1.jpg

helen_hand.jpg

Here is a Youtube video of the ring if you are interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2n8NZZmvBE#t=0

In summary, Chris and ERD made the ring buying process as easy and painless as possible. I would highly recommend working with them if you are a novice looking at buying a ring online. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results