shape
carat
color
clarity

Hanadama question!

A

Andromeda

Hello Dear Pearl Sisters!

I was checking out the Hanadama pearl studs on PP site and realized there are two types:
> White Hanadama
> Natural White Hanadama

What is the difference between these two?

Thanks in advance =)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Ah, treated versus untreated.

Well, I myself bought a strand of "pinked" (treated) hanadama pearls. Actually, I think they are bleached and then pinked. They are spectacular, but have the pinkish "traditional" look of akoya. I love that the nacre on my strand is .7 mm -- but I must confess I almost never wear this necklace because of the price and fear of damaging it in any way. I'm being silly and will be sure to wear it soon.

You should choose based on the look you prefer. I like rose in my white pearls. Others value a completely untreated natural pearl (although the natural white hanadama can also be described as "rose").

Frankly, I haven't seen them side-by-side so don't know which I'd prefer in real life.

Keep us posted!

A

Andromeda

Thanks bsomlo! That is very informative and interesting! =) I adore your pearls!

Does the treating affect the durability of the nacre as well?

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
That is an excellent question. I think you should ask Jeremy at PP and let us know his response!

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I've seen them side by side long with freshadama and madama. They all are beautiful. Jeremy talks about these treatments at pearl guide. Also you can see the thread gemgeek wrote after buying a strand of untreated hanadama there. Yes comparison photos are shown.

A

Andromeda

Thanks NacreLover! Thats a great help :))

ginie

Rough_Rock
I know this is an old thread but I received my natural white Hanadama and Freshadama necklaces in 18 inch from Pearl Paradise yesterday. in my opinion, there is just no comparison at all! I LOVE the whiteness of the natural white Hanadamas compared to the pinkish Freshadamas. In luster and in color. The Hanadamas look like they are lit from within. Just stunning! I ended up keeping the Hanadamas and returning the Freshadama strand.

I do believe that the Freshadamas would look great on a lighter skin by themselves. I am now waiting for my strand of white metallic (in AAA or Freshadama grade) that PP brings back from HK to compare in luster.

The studs are metallic AAA and I think they match the Hanadamas really well. (I wanted a freshwater for daily wear. but planning to order Hanadama earrings and bracelet later.)

img_11955.jpg

img_11956.jpg

img_11957.jpg

_37575.jpg

Siameseroo

Brilliant_Rock
Gorgeous pearls Ginie and thanks for the comparison shots!

ginie

Rough_Rock
Thank you! I just can't stop staring at them! :love:
Here they are in white light (on my neck) and in lamp light.

_37578.jpg

_37579.jpg

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the photos. Those pearls sell themselves.

BWeaves

Shiny_Rock
I bought natural white hanadamas from PP and they just glow like lightbulbs. One of my friends told me she thought they were fake because they don't look like department store pearls. I guess that means nobody will be stealing them off my neck, hahaha.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results