shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me what you honestly wear 85-90% of the time...

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good Morning!

After a few recent threads on the falling in love with and out of love with stones and settings, retakes, returns, safety, if I could do it again etc... I would really like to see what you wear 85-90% of the time. Even if you have a love for a fabulous ring but wear something else daily, I want to see the daily. If you have a story about the daily I would like to hear that too. Please include if you are married and for how long if you don't mind. Please add current ring obsession.

I was married with a simple small stone solitaire and a plain band with a few burnished diamonds. After a few years I wore only the band and then nothing for years and years. Married for 14 years. Then after an okay reset I found PS and became obcessed with getting new rings. Getting one thing, wanting another or an addition etc. Buying new and preloved. This for two years. Even though I have diamond bands and rings I still wear plain bands stacked 90% of the time. Plain 2mm rose gold, Trinity and perlee band. Currently obcessing over point size for shared prong eternity band purchase. All the while browsing and wondering if I want a 3 stone.

I really consider the cost/wear/enjoying ratio and it got me wondering what you wear :wavey: most of the time!

Thanks for sharing and the pics :bigsmile:

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Nothing can be an answer too even on PS! Especially if you only wear your rings on special occasions and nothing most days. Just wanted to be clear.

I forgot my pic but you all have seen the rings I wear daily (since Aug lol)

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am always changing what I wear. I would wear my wedding ring all the time probably if it fit, I just took it in to get resized and the jeweller didn't get it right. It will go on my finger but wont come off. It took forever to get it off. So in the pics my ring finger looks kinda bad. But I have been wearing my mom's ruby ring all the time lately, in place of my wedding ring. And on my right hand, a diamond band I got off ebay. I pretty much leave that on all the time.
img_20140217_094059.jpg img_20140217_094932.jpg img_20140217_094912.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Only married sense November but this is 100% daily wear (assuming I leave the house.)
I also wear my marquise daily.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1392656977.jpg

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This! Daily wear excluding out of country holidays.
It is my right hand ring, not a e-ring.

I also wear my diamond studs every day and Tank Fancaise watch as well.
I am married for 14 years. I wore my wedding ring every day but I kept damaging the stones. I therefore had it reset into a channel setting which I wear about 30% of the time

_15028.jpg

_15029.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
photo_150.jpg

Lately, I've been wearing my 1.58 transitional most days. It's a size that's not too ostentatious for a graduate student. After school, if I'm not lazy, I sometimes like to switch to my larger rings. Weekends are spent in my larger rings.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is what I wear 95% of the time whenever I leave the house:

dsc00948_-b.jpg

However, this Valentine's Day purchase should arrive by the end of the week, and it may (or may not) replace my solitaire:

r5400-oval-diamond-wedding-band-c_-_b.jpg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear as follows:

Diamond plat studs, 0.66 CTW, F colour, VS2. Gift from my parents for my 25th Bday. Wear 24/7.
Floating plat diamond pendant, 0.40 CTW, F colour, VS1. Gift from then new boyfriend, now husband for 32nd Bday. Wear 24/7.

Left Hand:
Plain wedding ring, full princess eternity, pear solitaire wedding set. All plat, mostly 24/7, wedding band never removed. Married 6 1/2 years.
Diamond Raymond Weil steel watch. 30th Bday gift to myself. Wear daily.
Fine black tourmaline bead bracelet with a silver A on the clasp. Not been removed since Sept 2013 when I got it for good health.
Turquoise waxed cotton thread bracelet with silver Karma disc. Never removed in 2 years, threads glued on, sits under my watch.

Right Hand:
2 Tiffany single station DBTY bracelets, one diamond, one pink sapphire. Diamond was 1st wedding anniversary gift, sapphire when 1st daughter born, who is 5 in March. Worn 80% of the time stacked.
Heavy solid silver Links Of London hinged bangle. Gift last Bday. Worn 80% time stacked with Tiffany's.

It looks an awful lot when I write it down like this! But its all quite delicate & classy, honestly! All diamonds come off for regular & thorough cleaning.

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
file.jpg

WF-ACA-BlueIce.jpg

LW-ACAearrings-flower-.jpg

indubai_close.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Married a little over 5 years.

What do I wear most of the time? The honest answer is either nothing, or a plain 3mm band. I have a love/hate relationship with bling.

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
ame|1392656141|3617004 said:

This was me for so many years and I was quite content. I don't know what happened. Kind of wish I could get that back again. Lol. On the other hand I have seen your beautiful rings Ame. So classic simple and gorgeous!!! So what is going on here? Do you work with your hands?

Thanks for contributing PSers to this thread. I have been really curious wondering if we actually are wearing the massive efforts we put in on this board. Or do they only sit until you run an errand or go to dinner. Enjoying the feedback and want to see and hear about more:)

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Laila619|1392663416|3617089 said:

What do I wear most of the time? The honest answer is either nothing, or a plain 3mm band. I have a love/hate relationship with bling.

I am going through the same thing!!! Seriously what's this about. Darn it. I did return that WF solitaire. Something wasn't quite right. You asked in my other thread. After all the time and energy and freaking out over the prongs... Even after they did a beautiful job fixing it. I couldn't figure it out. I was too embarrassed to say then! Maybe it wasn't you who asked. Haha. But it's out now!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear 3ctw shared-prong eternity most days. Sometimes I stack it with a sapphire eternity. If I don't want diamonds, I wear a rolling ring. But I plan to wear my new solitaire a lot so the eternities may be taken out of heavy wear for a while. I have a few RHRs but rarely wear them. This past week I was trying to make myself better in this horrible weather so I wore my pave band a lot. The extra sparkle makes it easier to deal with a snowstorm :naughty:.

20140217_134029-1_1_.jpg

20140217_134044-1_1_.jpg

20140217_133935-1-1_1_.jpg

20140206_154336-1_1_.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hathalove|1392663706|3617097 said:
Laila619|1392663416|3617089 said:

I am going through the same thing!!! Seriously what's this about. Darn it. I did return that WF solitaire. Something wasn't quite right. You asked in my other thread. After all the time and energy and freaking out over the prongs... Even after they did a beautiful job fixing it. I couldn't figure it out. I was too embarrassed to say then! Maybe it wasn't you who asked. Haha. But it's out now!

Haha, don't be embarrassed!! :) Yes, I did ask. I have returned my fair share of things too. I always seem to find something not quite right about my bling purchases. I feel most comfy with just a thin, plain band even though I do love to look at other peoples' sparklies.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Stuff I pretty much never take off:

Carter Roadster watch
BGD .50ctw DBTY necklace
Ering
wedding band
4.31ctw Jbeg eternity RHR
Cartier 4 diamond WG love
WG bracelet that has been on my wrist since I was 16 years old...never taken off.

_15031.jpg

_15032.jpg

img_3716.jpg

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
hathalove|1392663553|3617094 said:
ame|1392656141|3617004 said:

This was me for so many years and I was quite content. I don't know what happened. Kind of wish I could get that back again. Lol. On the other hand I have seen your beautiful rings Ame. So classic simple and gorgeous!!! So what is going on here? Do you work with your hands?

Thanks for contributing PSers to this thread. I have been really curious wondering if we actually are wearing the massive efforts we put in on this board. Or do they only sit until you run an errand or go to dinner. Enjoying the feedback and want to see and hear about more:)
I used to wear them much more often. I appreciate the compliment, thanks!

Well, right now it's balls cold, and I cannot do gloves with rings because it's wildly uncomfortable. The next few days though it should be nice so maybe I'll get more wear going this week. I'll often bring my rings with me to work, and by the time I think about putting them on it's like noon or later and I think "eh, no need now" so I don't even bother. If I have somethign going on in the evening I will wear them though. But I do work with my hands a great deal. I dig around in files a lot at work, and I don't like rings on at all for that. I pretty much consider my left hand absolutely worthless if my rings are on. Most I do while they're on is hold a beverage.

I also work in the wedding business, and there's a lot that comes with that. Damage to paper and ink from the rings is primary. Anytime there's an assembly, no rings are allowed (me or anyone), no nails, no polish, no food/drink, no touching your face, etc. I am a bit of medusa around the rules because that stuff belongs to someone else at that stage, and it's just in my care! But when we setup at events, that work doesn't play nice with rings, and I often don't wear anything beyond a plain band to a consultation until I know who I am working with, as to not be offensive, if, say, my stone is larger or whatever than the bride's. If I know I am overshadowed, then I don't worry about it and might occasionally wear it. I've worked with some girls that have some AMAZING rings.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Left hand:
E-ring
band (I change this around.)
Watch - Thanks to Diamondseeker. She started the thread on watches, which made me dig out my old Rolex and now I'm wearing 24/7, except when working out. Even to sleep.

image_1166.jpg

Right hand:
Gold bands

image_1108.jpg

Ears: (dang pic won't turn) Ears are still healing, but I love these plain 24K gold studs. LOVE them. Go figure... But studs are definitely near the top of my project list.
image_1244.jpg

Pendant. Never comes off, except when I am at the jewelers and he insists on cleaning it.
pendant_1.jpg

Before PS, it was a plain platinum wedding band and an emerald bracelet that I put on and got stuck. PS does kinda have a tendency to help you add/diversify... ;-)

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
These rings, this necklace, my Fitbit and a ponytail elastic.
image_1222.jpg
image_1246.jpg
image_1248.jpg
image_1249.jpg

Don't know why the necklace is upside down :confused:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh LLJ congrats on the piercings! :bigsmile:

So... diamond studs time yet? I know you were debating the Love... :naughty:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
No pictures, but I wear a 2mm 14K gold band most of time and I wear no other jewelry...but keep in mind I work from home so I dont go out much at all during the week so I dont wear my "good stuff" unless I go out.

braga123

Brilliant_Rock
On my left:
img_20131108_071222.jpg

And I never waste an real estate on my right: so this
image_1228.jpg

Or I rotate with this
image_1121.jpg

and I almost forgot this:

img_20131127_163046.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Most days I do not wear any earrings, bracelets/watches, or necklaces, as my 7 month old likes to pull on things. So for the most part I stick to rings.

Left hand:
3.62ctw OEC 5 stone, 14k rg shank, plat prongs
1.8mm 18k rg Tiffany & Co band

Right hand:
2.9mm Cartier Trinity

uploadfromtaptalk1392672653497.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1392672682245.jpg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I change around a lot but I almost always wear this Michele watch. It's well loved and surprising shows no wear.

42be4d3004745a97fc70d534bcef42b2.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamond studs. The only time I don't wear them is when they are being cleaned, when I usually forget them in the cleaning solution for a day or so.

_15034.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke, love those studs.
Braga, I am loving your right hand ring. :love:
Love this thread and all the jewelry in it!

Most of the time I wear my ER and engraved plat WB with my diamond hoops and Rolex. I do vary though but this is what I usually wear especially when I am rushing out the door and don't have time to ponder the choices. :bigsmile:
Only pics I could find of my diamond hoops is from while back when I had bangs.

ringsiusuallywear.jpg

whatiwearmostoftime.jpg

_169.jpeg

Harpertoo

Brilliant_Rock
Just my bracelet ~ I probably would not even wear this if it were easier to remove.

_15035.jpg

hathalove

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Braga123- I love your left hand and your right hand. Those rings are beautiful!

LLJsmom- I really like your right hand. Those plain bands look so rich and buttery. Tell me more, they look different widths? yes? Who made them?

Ilvcarats- haha! black hair thingy is a must. Almost broke the clasp on one of my bracelets from grabbing my hair thingy. When the hair thing flew across the room I was way more concerned about finding that thing. Coming from a girl with a lot of hair! Of course your other jewels are divine.

Armywife- Just beautiful. Would you say your five stone is a comfortable ring? Looks amazing!

Butterfly!!! All those gorgeous things you own and you show me a watch?! This is what I am talking about. It is a lovely watch though and I LOVE that Michele watch in white. I love white:) I still want to know what rings you were 90% of the time. Or do you not wear rings 90% of the time? Plain band? nothing? but watch?!

Frekechild- You too?! All of those color stone rings and really its earrings that are worn 90% of the time. They are gorgeous and deserve the honor but I am just surprised!

I appreciate all the feedback and honesty!!!

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This is what I wear almost 100% of the time. The only time this changes is whenI travel for work.

everydaybling.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results