shape
carat
color
clarity

A happy eBay surprise - $10, 1+ ct blue zircon

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Having recently purchased a new car, my "play money" is virtually non-existent. This 1.37 carat zircon, with a starting price of $9.99, caught my eye on eBay, so I submitted a $17 bid, figuring that wasn't much to lose if I won it but didn't like it in hand. As it turned out, I was the only bidder & I'm very pleased with what arrived 3 weeks later via standard economy shipping (additional $8) from gemdd in Thailand. The somewhat greenish-blue color is a bit lighter in real life than in the vendor pic below, but I'm fine with that and happy there truly is no grey to it; it sparkles nicely; and because its diameter is 6 mm, it doesn't require a custom setting... although it may end up in one.

Much of ddgem's merchandise won't be of any interest, but because my positive experience suggests that keeping an eye on their listings could prove to be worthwhile, I wanted to share the info.
http://stores.ebay.com/gemdd/

6mm_zircon_ebay_seller_gemdd.jpg

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
I like that, MM. Can you take some in-hand photos? Would love to see how it looks IRL.

--- Laurie

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Guess this is where I own up to the facts that my cell phone is not a smartphone & my camera is a 35 mm, film, Yashica point-and-shoot that's about 20 years old; I (obviously) like it a lot. Perhaps the next time my son comes back home, he'll take some gemstone pics for his mom -- or more likely, seek once more to convince me to join the digital photography world of 2014 :sun:

P.S. for Laurie: my dad's suggestions for CO lawyers you might wish to call are now in that thread in Diamond Hangout.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Pretty!

I just bid on two dirt cheap Ebay gems and won too.

MollyMalone

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Belated thanks, innerkitten-- hope you too end up pleased with your eBay bargains!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results