shape
carat
color
clarity

Ladies,sometimes i feel sorry for your DH...

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
My husband has WAY more hobbies/interests than me - all of which require substantial time & money. Meanwhile, I stay home to care for our children (not that he doesn't help with parenting too, but as a stay at home mom, I am the primary caregiver). To answer your question, no I don't feel bad for my DH.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel bad for him too, I'm crazy :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
momhappy|1392346564|3614966 said:
My husband has WAY more hobbies/interests than me - all of which require substantial time & money. Meanwhile, I stay home to care for our children (not that he doesn't help with parenting too, but as a stay at home mom, I am the primary caregiver). To answer your question, no I don't feel bad for my DH.
My wife should buy a diamond since I was a SAHD!.. :praise:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do feel bad for my DH. Although we're pretty even in what we bring home, he's reeling from this sudden expensive hobby I've picked up. Previously, neither of us had a hobby this pricey. He doesn't really have any hobbies. Previously, we've mostly spent everything on savings and the kids and vacations. Now we're each have our own "fun" fund and it's working out pretty well. :) He doesn't begrudge me anything, but does stress when I want to upgrade/reset again. I understand. If we swapped places, I would too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1392348472|3614983 said:
I do feel bad for my DH. Although we're pretty even in what we bring home, he's reeling from this sudden expensive hobby I've picked up. Previously, neither of us had a hobby this pricey. He doesn't really have any hobbies. Previously, we've mostly spent everything on savings and the kids and vacations. Now we're each have our own "fun" fund and it's working out pretty well. :) He doesn't begrudge me anything, but does stress when I want to upgrade/reset again. I understand. If we swapped places, I would too.
:lol:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I feel sorry for the wives of men who love watches!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No OH to boss me about, and long may that continue, therefore, I shall spend my hard-earned money the way I see fit!

DK :lol:

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes I do feel bad, but for the first 10 years we were married, I never received a diamond from him, and when I do buy something now, I try to buy it preloved so I don't feel like I am paying retail.

Actually, I have had my ring since 2009 and haven't upgraded the setting or the diamond because I am happy with the size. I have purchased other rings instead, but none are as big and will never cost as much.

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
I'm not a big upgrader, I still have all my original rings. I would hate changing settings all the time too, so the husband has nothing to worry about. I do spend way more than him, he doesn't say a thing even though he earns 3 times as much as me now. He has no expensive hobbies or tastes, preferring to spoil me instead. Our marriage is very happy :bigsmile:

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Sometimes I do feel bad... but then I realize that I contribute 50% financially, and he has his own hobbies and interests that he spends $$ on.

So.... sometimes I don't. =)

Nyc2chigal

Shiny_Rock
Oh and the fact that I am 3 months pregnant with our 1st child... maybe I get to splurge on a little somethin?? :naughty:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
VRBeauty|1392366590|3615098 said:
Yea but I bought them watches with my own money... :tongue:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1392423631|3615541 said:

I had to talk my DH I to his first Rolex. Now he's a convert for life. ;-)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1392427891|3615586 said:

LLJsmom, your post got me thinking...and I just realized that my dh is the one who got me interested in jewelry in the first place truthfully. Before him I wasn't into it like I am now. He is the one who convinced me to get my first rolex and after my first ER there was no going back. So DF, he has only himself to blame for my jewelry obsession. He's even the one who introduced me to PS in fact! Before him I was just a simple gal. 8-) :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We also consider all money shared. There were years I took care of children and years I worked. Those all benefited the family. I wore my original 1 ct diamond for 30 years and when I asked him if it would bother him if I changed the setting to platinum, he said he thought I should keep them and get a new platinum set for our anniversary! Thus began the series of trial and error until I ended up with the right diamond, but I have no idea when I will reset it! I do buy other jewelry but I am a big bargain hunter. I love getting deals and just bought a nice platinum setting yesterday (honey, I picked out my own Valentine's gift, ok???) for a fraction of it's retail price! Think of all the money I save him!!!! (He loves old Porsches and has an extra 2 car garage for them, so he is not deprived by any means!) He has never complained, ever, about me spending money on jewelry. I am lucky to have a generous husband!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Lil Misfit|1392346347|3614962 said:
Considering he owns the equivalent of a mini Guitar Center, you have absolutely no reason to feel sorry for him. :rolleyes:
:twirl: :twirl: :twirl: :twirl: :twirl: :appl:

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
missy|1392468883|3615766 said:

LLJsmom, your post got me thinking...and I just realized that my dh is the one who got me interested in jewelry in the first place truthfully. Before him I wasn't into it like I am now. He is the one who convinced me to get my first rolex and after my first ER there was no going back. So DF, he has only himself to blame for my jewelry obsession. He's even the one who introduced me to PS in fact! Before him I was just a simple gal. 8-) :bigsmile:

I had to laugh out loud when I saw the bolded part of your post LOL! That's the same w/ DH and me. When we met and started dating I wore no jewelry on my fingers or wrists at all (I didn't own anything except a few pairs of earrings and one watch). During one of our early dates he asked me if I'd be willing to wear rings and bracelets if he bought them for me (he'd grown up watching his mom wear a lot of beautiful jewels daily) and of course I agreed, as any loving girlfriend would do heeheehee :lol:. So to this day, he accepts the fact that he started this fire :)) !

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1392468883|3615766 said:

Yup, wife always blame the husband.. :Up_to_something:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1392472654|3615779 said:
He has never complained, ever, about me spending money on jewelry. I am lucky to have a generous husband!
Soooo, is the 2 + ct AVC RHR on its way soon?... :Up_to_something:

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope, never..... And he shows no remorse whatsoever when he buys something that I think or even say why the hell did you spend x or y on that so obviously it works both ways.

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I totally get where DF is coming from on this one but personally? Nope not one bit. :lol: The combined total of my bling doesn't come even near his 3 new sets of gold clubs in the past 18 months plus all the expensive courses he has played recently. We earn about the same so try to keep needs & wants balanced. Generally I think he is very generous with me and I try to recipricate that with him - then everybody wins. :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results