shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you buying your SO a V-Day gift?

MonkeysInk

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I got him some chocolates when I bought some for our hooligans, and I mailed his card to his office, where his officemates teased him about it. Glad he has a good sense of humor!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm taking the old fart out to dinner tonight.
He's making me something.

That's our usual pattern.

Polished

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1392259383|3614077 said:
I'm taking the old fart out to dinner tonight.
He's making me something.

Probably a ring holder so he'll have something nice to look at over dinner. :love:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Happy birthday JF!

Congratulations minmin!

Have a wonderful day ladies!

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
pandabee|1392216212|3613526 said:
We usually do dinner or something but the last few years (including this year) we both work on the day. I will probably make some nice brunch on the day of and I got him some little things, candy, etc. To make it interesting though, I filled an rx bottle with reese's pieces (both of our favorite) and made a custom rx label for him with a fake drug name and directions. (We are both pharmacists.) Super excited about my nerdy gift!!

That's a really sweet idea :bigsmile:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I am omw to buy a bottle of champagne for myself---ERRR, I mean my DH! :cheeky: :lickout: :bigsmile:

cheers--Sharon

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
we're spending the day together in SF and specifically going to the members preview of this:

http://okeeffe.famsf.org/

at the de Young.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, but this afternoon I'm making heart shaped cookies and brownies and a Valentine card for him and our kiddo. He typically gets me flowers (nothing expensive--our florist sells a dozen roses for $8 every day of the year) and a fun piece of jewelry (usually a Pandora charm or ring/earrings). I don't *expect* anything, but it's nice that he does it because when I first met him he told me Valentine's Day was a "bullshit holiday" and that he did not participate. :lol: I don't remember what speech I gave him about it, but the last 4 years we've both participated, so I must have been pretty convincing in my argument for the importance of Valentine's Day. :naughty:

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Last year we left for a trip on V-Day and he completely forgot! I hope he's planning to make up for it this year.

I bought him a naughty nurse outfit. (for me to wear) He's into that sort of thing. My idea of a sexy outfit is not having food on my pajama top.

NOYFB

Ideal_Rock
Yes, considering he got me a pair of beautiful amethyst and diamond earrings from IDJ for our anniversary on Monday. :D I'm getting him tickets to see our favorite singer/songwriter (so, it's kind of a gift for me, too :wink2: )

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wanted to get him a snowblower, more for my benefit than his, but he refuses to get one and I am not sure which one to buy. I narrowed it down to two sizes but then someone at work told me to buy a self propelling one. So now I have to research that.

It kind of sucks because this winter has been really bad.

Now that we are in NJ, the only good thing I have to say about the snow is that since we have more land, there is plenty of land to deposit it onto. Also, we can park our cars in our garage. Having grown up in NY with no garage, for the first year and a half that we lived here, we still parked our cars in the driveway and then one day the lightbulb went off and we started parking in the garage. Now, we don't have to clean the snow off our cars and the cars are fairly warm when we get into them.

In NY it was horrible. No place to put the snow and you get fined if you throw it into the street. Then the street plowers would come around and dump the snow right back onto your driveway and freshly shoveled out cars.

I dislike the snow very much unless it's like 2 to 3 inches. ;))

iLander

Ideal_Rock
movie zombie|1392316715|3614499 said:
we're spending the day together in SF and specifically going to the members preview of this:

http://okeeffe.famsf.org/

at the de Young.

Mozo- I thought of you when watching the Masterpiece Theater's/BBC version of Sherlock. It's a newer series, a paltry 3 per year, but available on Netflix, sometimes youtube. I think you'd love it, acting's great, very well written, big suspense. Start with the first one if you can.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
We made cards for each other, they were especially sweet this year. :love:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
iLander|1392414906|3615436 said:
We made cards for each other, they were especially sweet this year. :love:

aww, I love this iLander! So sweet. Long ago my dh used to write me love letters and notes and cds with romantic songs. I miss those...Your dh rocks! And so do you. :appl:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
He got me a sapphire ring (well, by "got" I mean was very happy when I said, "Honey, you got me an Edwardian halo ring for V-Day - THANK you!") and chose a bunch of v. sweet bath thingies for me, and I got him tickets Cirque du Soleil and to one of those interactive mystery theatrical experiences ... right up his alley. He's much more into the "experience" gifts than he is stuff, which it took me a few years to wrap my brain around ... but now we're both happy! :cheeky:

Tonight we're going to one of the shows, then spending the night at a five-star hotel. I'm quite looking forward to it!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock

eekalobster.jpg

alexah

Brilliant_Rock

Yikes - "MICED" lobster - :errrr: - how do you "mouse" a lobster?! :???:

J/K - that sounds wonderful (if it were minced)...

I was gifted a card, milk & dark chocolate truffles and a Valentine's dinner out - all of which is surprising since we typically don't do much for Valentine's.

Hope everyone had a happy Valentine's!!! :wavey:

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We had agreed to wait until after Vday and do the whole dinner date with card thing... since restaurant prices are so inflated on holidays and we're still paying off the wedding stuff and landscaping bill... DH told me he was going to go ahead and visit his parents out of state this weekend since I have to work like 7 days straight.

Needless to say, I went home last night and he had a little Vday gift all layed out for me. It was a big bottle of our favorite tequila and all the good stuff for mixing margaritas with the sweetest message in my card. I was so surprised and happy! It may sound cheesy, but I was so overwhelmed by the thoughtfulness and his note that I cried (I don't get emotional over things like that a lot)... then I mixed a drink after a long day! ;)) :bigsmile:

recordaras

Shiny_Rock
So, both of my gift shipments got delayed because of the weather. :( So my gift was tidying up the house! And his wedding band actually arrived in time (Amazon did a spectacular job with their 1-day shipping) - now we'll just have to resize it and that's all set.

My FI got us a bottle of prosecco, macarons, flowers and the most adorable llama card. We ended up staying in, since we went out the night before and will be going out again this weekend, so we had a great relaxing evening.

08b61ee095db11e3bfc91213118c276f_8.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We spent our evening shoveling snow! He did bring me roses and some really pretty earrings. :bigsmile:

_14954.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
monarch64|1392495941|3615969 said:
We spent our evening shoveling snow! He did bring me roses and some really pretty earrings. :bigsmile:

You did pretty well for a BS holiday! :saint: ;)) Raised right man...... :bigsmile: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
canuk-gal|1392499906|3615997 said:
monarch64|1392495941|3615969 said:

You did pretty well for a BS holiday! :saint: ;)) Raised right man...... :bigsmile: :appl:

cheers--Sharon

I'm very persuasive, and he's very open-minded! LOL

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results