shape
carat
color
clarity

Blue Tahitian Pearl

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
You may remember the blue tahitian pearl I brought back from Hong Kong. We just heard back from its new owner who has set it onto a handmade silver chain and setting and we think it looks stunning.

blue_40.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
That pearl is delicious! Love the setting - very feminine.

YC

Brilliant_Rock
That is one very blue pearl! The setting compliments the pearl. Looks very nice.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
I've been looking into these as we will be traveling to Tahiti for our honeymoon. Is there a thread that can teach me more about what to look for? I'm totally new to the pearl forum, and this necklace is beautiful!

Thanks! (Sorry for the thread jack)

Pearlescence

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Hi
Well a tahitian pearl necklace or earrings would make a wonderful keepsake of your honeymoon so that would be a win-win.
As to how or where to buy...no recommends on the islands themselves. I suggest you spend some time looking at posts, at information about tahitian pearls (lots more in the 'other' pearl forum) and photos and info on my website and the websites of others who sell T pearls.
Do not buy from someone on the beach who has a cousin who works in a pearl farm however!
Tahitian pearls cost what they cost. You will not get a bargain if you buy from such a person or an iffy market stall, you'll get rubbish T pearls or freshwaters.
Better to get a great pair of earrings or a pendant which is at the top of the range than a load of low end stuff with all sorts of problems.

Mico

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much! Off to lurk more :)

katbran

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That is such a stunning pearl! You have such a good eye ! Beautiful !

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results