shape
carat
color
clarity

Chrono, you asked, here it is:) Mini Chrono rings -ideas

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Chrono's spinel ring is my holy grail ring and I am sure the HG ring of many people here! I was lucky enough to get a gorgeous Mahenge spinel pear, 1.37 ct 8.4 x 5.5 from NKOTB. It is way more saturated than what is appearing on the screen. I usually go with YG but am thinking a white gold and diamond halo with diamonds on the band since Chrono's looks so nice! I am not sure what sized diamonds to ask for but I don't want them to overpower the stone. Would anyone go with YG or mixed metal or are the votes for WG? Would a split shank be too much? I am considering Sally or DanielM for this.

I also picked up a stone that looks way better in person. I swear it is a magical stone. It is a 4.15 ct, 10mm precision cut Nigerian Steel blue tourmaline cut by Lisa Elser. It was featured in a lapidary magazine which came with the stone. I would love to see this in a elvenish design. I contacted JKT but no response yet. Chrono's chrysoberyl trellis ring (thanks NKOTB!) is the inspiration for this but with the stone N/S. I don't think this design is copyrighted but if it is I will go with something else. I know DanielM does a lot of trellis work so I have contacted them too as well What metal would you all go with for this? I am considering argentium silver, WG, YG or green gold.

I hope it is ok that I used your pic Chrono,and I will post more real life shots next!

chrono-spinel-chrysoberyl-spessartite-whiteflash-rings-1-1.jpg

custom-chrysoberyl-trilliant-yellow-gold-solitaire-ring-by-whiteflash-20422_0.jpg

img_6343.jpg

spi0011-m.jpg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Chrono, you asked, here it is:) Mini Chrono rings -idea

more pics

20140211_095352.jpg

20140212_091502.jpg

20140212_091402.jpg

20140212_090405.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Congrats on finding the right stones for your projects!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Lucky you to get such a lovely Mahenge pear. I'm betting you snagged a good price for it too. Congrats. If the colour of the spinel is well saturated, it can handle all metal colours. I would ask the jeweller's advice on the size of the melees; I'm guessing half pointers might be suitable? And no, a split shank is never too much. :devil: I'm not sure about sending gems overseas. I would let other experienced posters advice you. All I know is that I'm risk adverse and would not ship irreplaceable stones overseas. I don't want the insurance money, I want my stone.

I would love you see your tourmaline in person. It must be quite special to be featured in a magazine. Any chance that you can post a cover picture of it here? I don't think the chrysoberyl design is copyrighted. Daniel M did the original setting for me but I wasn't satisfied with the swoopiness and went with Whiteflash. DM is a pleasure to work with though. I'm not sure about metal colour but white might play up the steeliness unless that is what you want.

syd

Shiny_Rock

All three of chronos rings are just WOW! Iluvgemstones, have you considered a double halo?

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

It was a good deal! It was a fun time too, meeting another PSer. It looks like a nice ruby to me. It is so saturated in person that it pops against my hand even though my terrible pictures make it look like it blends in.

I have sent many things to Sally very safely. I am in Canada too so no matter what it is another country.

I am so glad it is not copyrighted and that DanielM did the design! I have had great experiences with them but most of my work has been with Sally and Yvonne.

Maybe a warmer metal would be a neat option for the tourmaline. It looks like ice in white metal and the green is brought out in yellow metal. Hmmm.....

Here is the cover of the magazine and the article with most of it blocked out. The stone is pictured twice in the article and the diagram depicts the cutting. It is amazing how much math is involved! You should come and visit me in Ontario Chrono and bring both rings! :devil:

20140213_123427.jpg

20140213_123858.jpg

20140213_124615.jpg

20140213_131659.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I need bigger pictures of that page. I tried squinting and turning my head sideways but didn't see any better for the contortion. :lol:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I hope these are better!

Syd, I think a double halo would be too much for me both bling wise and price wise.

20140213_133821.jpg

20140213_133836.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you! Have you tried playing around with yellow gold yet?

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Great exercise, thanks Chrono. I still can't stand taking gemstone pictures :nono: The stones and my hands look grey in the pictures, all the warmth is gone!

With my skintone I think the Mahenge is looking good in yellow gold and the blue tourmaline is looking good in white gold. In the pictures the tourmaline is shown against rhodium plated white gold and 24k yellow gold, and the spinel is shown against 18k yellow gold and rhodium plated white gold.

I think my 8 year old just solved it for me. She said the Mahenge should be in yellow gold because it is a warm colour and the tourmaline should be in WG because it is a cool colour and that they are learning about that in art. I can't find an emoticon for "I'm humbled."

Opinions would still be appreciated.

20140213_165017.jpg

20140213_165201.jpg

20140213_164920.jpg

20140213_165544.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Looks like your daughter is right! I agree that the Mahenge looks good in yellow and the tourmaline looks better in white.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Tourmaline definitely looks good in white.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results