clarity

Since we are all anonymous....

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ame|1391187546|3605089 said:
innerkitten|1391186865|3605075 said:
ame|1391175697|3604900 said:
I don't really get why people feel the need to be wealth or celebrity adjacent in life, But for those that try to deny the "cliqueyness" of this place, the behind the scenes gossip about who it might be is a dead giveaway of the "inner circle" bullshit. Just sayin.

Hmmm. I have never felt left out here. Maybe cause I don't give a hoot who has what.
What gave you the suggestion that I am feeling left out? I am stating that it's been mentioned repeatedly in other threads that there is a level of cliquishness around here, and there are several posts on this thread alone that indicate a significant behind-the-scenes discussion of who is in the "inner circle" and gets to know.
I don't get to hear any PS gossips ... ;(

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
ok ill admit it I'm famous.
multiple thousands of people around the world know me by my first name and intial.
rofl!!!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:
I crack myself up.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Karl_K|1391218962|3605478 said:
multiple thousands of people around the world know me by my first name and intial.
I crack myself up.
Stormy is more famous than Karl K... ;))

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't seen (heard) from Storm in a while. Is he still here?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
part gypsy|1391220894|3605499 said:

Storm is KarlK. When he went into the diamond design business, he had to change names.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It has never occurred to me to "care" whether anyone is famous or not. I can certainly tell there are some ultra wealthy people here on occasion. I am thrilled that they share their bling with us!

As far as the possible NFL wife or fiancee, Christina and I have never spoken of this and may be talking about two different people. There is just one poster that came to my mind when she posted it. I could care less and don't even like football. But it would be interesting if that was the case.

I don't think anyone should be upset if some people have contact others off the forum. Many people have gone to PS reunions or local get-togethers and have actual friendships outside of PS.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Im a little sad you guys assume only the large diamond owners could be famous. My diamonds are small, and, ok cats out of the bag, Im Taylor Swift.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JaneSmith|1391149697|3604819 said:
diamondseeker2006|1391043698|3603826 said:
Yes, I would concur with Christina regarding some massive rings that might reflect the ego of the man and not necessarily the taste of the woman. :naughty:

I don't know so much about famous, but there have been some ultra-wealthy people on here such as one showing many high end Cartier (and other) pieces with a view of some extravagant body of water in the background. I wish more people like that would post because it is soooo fun to see what they have in their collections. And I do imagine they might enjoy getting to share with others because no one can really do it in real life regardless of our social circles.
Oh yes, I love those pics. :lickout: I am very far from rich or famous, so I love seeing these incredible pieces.
Your gorgeous rings are more than I'll ever have DS. I'm glad SMTB exists at all. :))

You are so sweet to say that, Jane! I am glad it exists, too, and it is a reminder that there will always be people who have more and less than we do, and there can be contentment with what we have. I know my own limits and most of us do have them to one degree or another! I really love seeing all the beautiful jewels, much like I enjoy an art museum, knowing I won't ever own such art!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes he's all over the east coast now.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
DF - since you have turned down every single invitation to attend SF area get-togethers, I figure that you must be one of those famous people trying to go incognito here! Or maybe an international spy, in deep - what do they call it? - deep doo doo!

Lula

Ideal_Rock
Sky56|1391049749|3603911 said:
Famous by default here - A family member of mine, since deceased, was a major player in the Watergate scandal, their name was on the front page of the New York Times numerous times...and no it was not Nixon. ;))

Martha Mitchell?

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
My biggest claim to fame is having done a ten minute special feature for a geeky movie. But, hey, that IMDB page is all set up and just a'waitin' my big break!

I don't really care about celebrity qua celebrity - the money looks good, but frankly, lots of other professions will provide that while maintaining anonymity. Ben Affleck has an interesting interview in Playboy (it was linked in Jezebel, pervs!), in which he, a) comes off as a person, which is a pleasant surprise - I mean, I was not surprised when he was cast as Lance "Punchable Face" Dunne - and, b) talks at length about how invasive the paparazzi can be, not in regards to actual celebrities who've at least signed up for it, but with their kids. No bueno. Like DS, I assume - heck, know - a few of our posters lead lives of luxury, and I appreciate having a glimpse of it, more or less in the same way that I like reading books about the Edwardian era. I'll never live it, and I may have some philosophical objections to the system that sustains it, but by damn, it's great eye candy.

That said, I've always been tickled by the idea of the anonymous celeb just saying, screw it, and acting like a plebe online. I already liked Robert Downey Jr., but reading the stories about how he was allegedly bitching about Hollywood being a negative environment for women re: Polanski and such (random example found by a quick Google: http://jezebel.com/5892565/is-robert-downey-jr-spreading-insider-celeb-gossip-on-blogs) made me kinda love him .....

Edited to add context for the link, since I was just thinking about how I hate blind-clicking myself!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1391227298|3605553 said:
JaneSmith|1391149697|3604819 said:
diamondseeker2006|1391043698|3603826 said:
Yes, I would concur with Christina regarding some massive rings that might reflect the ego of the man and not necessarily the taste of the woman. :naughty:

I don't know so much about famous, but there have been some ultra-wealthy people on here such as one showing many high end Cartier (and other) pieces with a view of some extravagant body of water in the background. I wish more people like that would post because it is soooo fun to see what they have in their collections. And I do imagine they might enjoy getting to share with others because no one can really do it in real life regardless of our social circles.
Oh yes, I love those pics. :lickout: I am very far from rich or famous, so I love seeing these incredible pieces.
Your gorgeous rings are more than I'll ever have DS. I'm glad SMTB exists at all. :))

You are so sweet to say that, Jane! I am glad it exists, too, and it is a reminder that there will always be people who have more and less than we do, and there can be contentment with what we have. I know my own limits and most of us do have them to one degree or another! I really love seeing all the beautiful jewels, much like I enjoy an art museum, knowing I won't ever own such art!

I totally agree! I love that people here are so generous in sharing their precious jewels and appreciate all the beautiful pieces. It makes PS a lovely place to be filled with not just gorgeous jewels but beautiful people too.

msop04

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
innerkitten|1391186701|3605073 said:
part gypsy|1391184540|3605034 said:
I post here because none of my friends are into jewelry (except for one maybe) in fact probably see it akin to some kind of moral failing. So I can indulge and talk about jewelry without judgement.
I post here for the same reason. When I start to talk about jewelry to friends and family they look kind of bored.

+1 Me too!!! (...it's nice to talk to others who love bling just as much as I do -- if not more!) LOL :bigsmile: ;))

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
Dancing Fire|1391219406|3605482 said:
Karl_K|1391218962|3605478 said:
I crack myself up.
Stormy is more famous than Karl K... ;))
naw stormy is infamous, I am the famous one!

bliss_cathy

Shiny_Rock
Haha, not famous but this just made me think of the funny weekend I just had. We had a BBQ at my husbands cousins new apartment. He's young and moved here recently. Stunning view. The apartment is owned by Kate Blanchett a famous Australian Actor who was on Lord of the Rings, and recently starred in Blue Jasmine. Then we had a D grade celebrity weekend, I bought some flowers the day before from the girl who got the first date on the Bachelor, and 'my cousin in Law' is doing the half Marathon with the girl who got the infamous first rose! The Australia Bachelor has only had one season so it's still new. Please don't judge me for knowing the show! Haha! My predecessor in my current role (an acquaintance) went on reality TV too.

Funny, so many D grade celebrities. In Australia, D grade celebs are just regular people just a bit crazy and silly enough to go on TV.

ETa: it's Kate Blanchetts investment apartment, not her actual live there sometime apartment. Before anyone thinks it's a mansion or something!! :lol:

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
No not Martha Mitchell. I can't say the name of the deceased male because it is unusual and would compromise the privacy of my family.
My family has started or were major contributors of a few major American companies who make products you all have bought. These companies are now huge corporations which currently my family is not involved with for the most part. These people were not famous, but a big influence in American society. I am not famous at all, rather the opposite - hardly anybody knows me.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1391223210|3605520 said:

Storm is KarlK. When he went into the diamond design business, he had to change names.

Duh!

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can kind of name drop some people I accidently know who ended up being actors or did start ups, etc. No one super duper famous, but pretty cool. Not that's it's done me any good, no free cars or anything!

If I google my name I get about 2 pages of hits, in a hobby that doesn't make me any money but I enjoy doing.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Famous people? Ha! I don't think so.

Here's why:

Truly wealthy folks who want big rocks can just pay Cartier/HW/etc. prices without thinking about it and get a premium product without any research necessary.

Famous thoughtful/research oriented types who would learn about diamonds for the sake of interest probably aren't blind to the whole "blood diamond" emotional baggage that comes with the territory and probably wouldn't want to wear a showy diamond for PR reasons, whatever their personal feelings. (Maybe they'd be on CS? there's less public baggage with colored stones.)

Lots of chatting and shared community on PS comes from aspiring for a dream stone or that perfect piece that is just out of grasp, or waiting for that perfect deal. If you can afford to just buy what you want, months and years of research, consideration, and yearning are replaced by a wire-transfer, a 2 week wait for the custom setting and a day for the Fedex guy to arrive. It all gets reduced to a transaction and shipping time. No time to build PS camaraderie.

A serious love of sparkly jewelry to the degree that one would want to chat online for hours is so rare, and famous people are so busy, that I highly doubt the two worlds would ever collide.

I have no doubt that PS vendors have famous (and highly confidential) clients, but the best we plebs can hope for are little-known authors, successful business people, and the moderately wealthy but largely unknown.

Sorry!

Roxy

Brilliant_Rock
HopeDream|1391756307|3609856 said:
Famous people? Ha! I don't think so.

Here's why:

Truly wealthy folks who want big rocks can just pay Cartier/HW/etc. prices without thinking about it and get a premium product without any research necessary.

Famous thoughtful/research oriented types who would learn about diamonds for the sake of interest probably aren't blind to the whole "blood diamond" emotional baggage that comes with the territory and probably wouldn't want to wear a showy diamond for PR reasons, whatever their personal feelings. (Maybe they'd be on CS? there's less public baggage with colored stones.)

Lots of chatting and shared community on PS comes from aspiring for a dream stone or that perfect piece that is just out of grasp, or waiting for that perfect deal. If you can afford to just buy what you want, months and years of research, consideration, and yearning are replaced by a wire-transfer, a 2 week wait for the custom setting and a day for the Fedex guy to arrive. It all gets reduced to a transaction and shipping time. No time to build PS camaraderie.

A serious love of sparkly jewelry to the degree that one would want to chat online for hours is so rare, and famous people are so busy, that I highly doubt the two worlds would ever collide.

I have no doubt that PS vendors have famous (and highly confidential) clients, but the best we plebs can hope for are little-known authors, successful business people, and the moderately wealthy but largely unknown.

Sorry!

This! And one of the things I appreciated when working w/ the PS vendor is that they made me feel like my purchase was just as important as those of their super wealthy clients, even though my budget was a pittance when compared to their high rollers :))!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results