shape
carat
color
clarity

European Cut or Mine Cut Sapphires? Advice on bezel e-ring

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Re: European Cut or Mine Cut Sapphires? Advice on bezel e-ri

These kinds of colors with a decent amount of gray should cost less than a super saturated blue sapphire. BUT they will also be harder to find, because they are less desirable. GemFix has a good number of Montana sapphires that are better cut, but other places might as well. I will try to look around a bit later to see what all I can find.

Can you post the pictures of the ones you like the most so we can see them again?

One thing to keep in mind is that Montana sapphires (and that seems to be where you are leaning) do not typically come in larger sizes.

Have you decided if color is more important that size? And what size would be most desirable for you?

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Also, if you'd like to spend some time reading about NSC and their history here on PS:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...ce-with-natural-sapphire-company-long.110611/

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...mpany-www-thenaturalspphirecompany-co.159281/

https://www.pricescope.com/forum/co...-the-natural-sapphire-company-t159500-30.html

There have been other threads, but they have been removed from google searches due to legal action, presumably because NSC does not want the general public to find these threads, as they do not paint NSC in a flattering light. At all.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Here are some that I've found that looked interesting.

The "radiant" is probably less dark than it appears in the pictures, but I would certainly ask for more pictures if you were interested in it at all.

sapphire_blue_1131.jpg

sapphire_montana.jpg

sapphire_montana2.jpg

deskjockey

Brilliant_Rock

Vraiment

Rough_Rock

Well, I haven't read all of that on NSC, but yeah, sounds like some big customer service problems (along with the setting, cuts, etc). Thanks. I was aware their rep wasn't so great on PS, but that's pretty messy.

I would love the help looking for a sapphire more in the color/tones that I prefer at a different place, but you've done so much for me already, and I need to figure out the sapphire vs diamond thing before I can let you do more! I also need to look at what a mm or so this way or that looks like on my finger.

Edit: Hey I am going to be away for a bit today, thanks for your posts, I'll get back to you later!!

Vraiment

Rough_Rock

Well, had NSC send me a pic of the three I most liked (1, 3, and 5 on previous page) on a hand in natural light (I may post it later, but I feel a little weird about doing so), and I can definitely see from the pic that the cuts are not on the level of Gemfix and some others I've looked at. I think 'on the hand' pictures are going to be my best friend shopping online, they seem to even out the playing field a bit. Also, I think the color does have to be a bit darker than what I've been admiring. So I'm going to see what I see out shopping tomorrow night and Saturday... I guess I may end up preferring the classic cornflower blue after all? Anyway, there are some that look like better candidates at Gemfix, but I want to see what I can in person (gah, the only place I saw a sapphire set it was deep navy...) and get that whole diamond vs sapphire thing figured out too first!

FrekeChild, where did those most recent pictures come from? I'm drawn to the bright blue emerald cut one, though I really don't think emerald cut is for me!

And wow, deskjockey... that is stunning.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

deskjockey|1391626466|3608501 said:
FrekeChild|1391621325|3608434 said:
One thing to keep in mind is that Montana sapphires (and that seems to be where you are leaning) do not typically come in larger sizes.

[threadjack]

And then, there was this:
http://blazengems.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=53_64&products_id=1033

[/threadjack]

(stumbled onto that earlier and sort of jaw dropped a little...)
Wow. That stone looks amazing though.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock

Vraiment|1391644363|3608752 said:
Well, had NSC send me a pic of the three I most liked (1, 3, and 5 on previous page) on a hand in natural light (I may post it later, but I feel a little weird about doing so), and I can definitely see from the pic that the cuts are not on the level of Gemfix and some others I've looked at. I think 'on the hand' pictures are going to be my best friend shopping online, they seem to even out the playing field a bit. Also, I think the color does have to be a bit darker than what I've been admiring. So I'm going to see what I see out shopping tomorrow night and Saturday... I guess I may end up preferring the classic cornflower blue after all? Anyway, there are some that look like better candidates at Gemfix, but I want to see what I can in person (gah, the only place I saw a sapphire set it was deep navy...) and get that whole diamond vs sapphire thing figured out too first!

FrekeChild, where did those most recent pictures come from? I'm drawn to the bright blue emerald cut one, though I really don't think emerald cut is for me!

And wow, deskjockey... that is stunning.
MountainMommaGems' etsy site. The first one is from Gemfix. MountainMommaGems's family owns the mine, and she sells some of their stuff on the etsy site. I'm sure they have more stock that isn't on there - most gem dealers do.

Good luck looking this weekend! Keep in mind that places like Kay's, Jared, Zales will all have really dark navy blue sapphires. It'll be mom and pop shops and high end retailers that have potential for having higher quality stuff and more interesting stuff!

Vraiment

Rough_Rock

Hi, just wanted to let you all know I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with a diamond. I just think it's easier to shop for. I saw some beautiful sapphires this weekend but just have some reservations about doing it. I am too worried that I wouldn't end up loving a sapphire as my engagement ring forever. If I spend little enough on the diamond and setting, my guy wants to get me a sapphire ring too as my travel ring right away, but we'll see. I'll be back here to ask for more advice when we get there :)

Thank you all so much, especially FrekeChild. Your advice has been so helpful. I've enjoyed looking through your old posts and seeing all your beautiful rings!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results