shape
carat
color
clarity

This is why I won't watch the Olympics

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
idk I watched all the figure skating so far and I thought the ones who won deserved it. The Russian team overall was very, very good, so I'm not even sure what rigging it would accomplish since I think they'd win even without it?

And I guess I personally am less invested in who wins than in just watching amazing feats of physical awesomeness.

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Of course it's been done other years, but I don't believe it this year, at least so far. The Russians are very strong & skated beautifully. As for the others, seemed to me the scoring was fair. There have been years when it seemed very biased, but nothing is off at this point this time.

Given the current political situation, it's hard to imagine the Russians & Americans cooperating on anything! :(

--- Laurie

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Scoring scandals have been alleged in figure skating before and they'll probably be alleged again. Regardless, skaters, who are the ones potentially affected, continue to skate. As long as they do, I'll continue to watch. I am more interested in the artistry, athleticism and personal stories of achievement than the medal count and countries awarded.

As others have said, so far there doesn't seem to be anything off in skating scores.

I don't know why you would refuse to watch the rest of the Olympics events just because of possible scoring issues in one. Plenty of Olympic sports are based solely on strength and endurance and judged on objective standards, so no opportunity for rigging.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
It's a rumor. Period. I'm not making judgements about the Olympics as a whole based on an article that discusses rumor/speculation.

Lulie

Shiny_Rock
Rumors as usual. Russian team was much stronger this time around, period.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Consider the source of the article. The Daily News is a tabloid paper; the UK's equivalent to the US' National Enquirer.

ruby59

Ideal_Rock
I have also been following the skating. IMO, the Russian team is far superior to any of the others. I thought the rankings were accurate.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto to all the above posters; the Russians were clearly deserving of their win. The artistry and technical difficulty of their programs were astounding.

ericad

Ideal_Rock
Trade
We're a figure skating family and have been watching the team event with rapt attention. I think scoring has been pretty fair and predictable across the board. More so than in some other years past, for sure!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results