shape
carat
color
clarity

Diamond Studs? Jackets? Both?!

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Ok everyone. I previously had a pair of 0.62 total carat weight diamond studs that I absolutely loved. Unfortunately, I was a little too careless with them and I knocked them off a ledge in my bathroom and into my toilet as it was flushing. :cry: We tried using a shop vac to get all the water out of the toilet, but we never found them. We have a septic tank and so they are right in my backyard, but I'm sure they will never be retrieved from that. And I'm not sure I want them after they have been sitting in there. YUCK!

Anyways, we didn't have insurance on them so it was a total loss. FI is getting a bonus at work and has very generously offered to use some of it to fund some new earrings. I have about a $1500 budget. Now I just have to decide what to do with it.

Option 1:
I have enough of a budget to work with that I could get a pair of 0.50 tcw studs from IDJ along with a pair of jackets to go with them.

Option 2:
Get a pair of studs from WF from their Pre-Set line at about 0.75 tcw. There are also a couple of 0.60-0.70 tcw options from a few other Pricescope vendors that would give me ideal cut diamonds and an upgrade policy.

Option 3:
Get a pair of upgradeable studs from BGD or WF at about 0.50 tcw and then use the extra budget for a blingier wedding band or even diamond huggies!

Before I lost my previous studs, I had been wanting to get a pair of diamond jackets from IDJ. My main concern is that if I go with the studs and jackets from IDJ, will I always be happy with the 0.50 tcw size? Also, if I go with using the whole budget for studs, I will eventually want jackets as well, but it would probably be another 3-5 years before I could get them. Decisions, decisions, decisions....

Any help, advice or anything is appreciated!!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Sorry about your earrings. Just a heads up that BGD has a sale right now on loose stones so you could easily get a new pair of studs with your budget and that may help you afford both the studs & jackets.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have to figure out what you'll wear more. If studs by themselves, then go for upgradable ones. If you'll wear jackets a lot and don't want to upgrade, then get both now. Obviously, jackets can only fit certain size stones so you'll have to either get other earrings with colored stone or pearls to wear them with in case you want to ever upgrade the diamonds.

I tried on the jackets and they were too much for me. I have 2ctw studs though.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results