shape
carat
color
clarity

Happy Birthday to me! Pink Tiffany swing band!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Yesterday was my birthday, and my DH had been bugging me about gift ideas. I have always loved the Tiffany swing band, but when I saw it with pink sapphires, I knew that was it. The only problem was that I didn't want to pay retail prices. I own a number of Tiffany silver pieces (I'm such a sucker for that blue box), but I could never justify retail on their fine jewelry pieces.

So, I owe a big thanks to SB621 for posting in the Someone Buy This Eternity thread about this ring. I ended up purchasing this pre-owned from Dover. I couldn't believe that it was the pink swing in my size! Because it had been on consignment for a while, I was able to negotiate even further until I just couldn't refuse. All in all, I saved a hefty discount from Tiffany's retail price and the band is in like-new condition. I am thrilled! Here are a few pics I snapped of the ring and also some flower pics with a beautiful arrangement my parents sent for my birthday. It was a pinkalicious birthday!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock

_14755.jpg

_14756.jpg

_14757.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
The sapphires look dark in these pictures. It was because the ring was dirty. I took it to Tiffany yesterday, and they cleaned it up beautifully and checked it over. It really does look like new now!

_14758.jpg

_14759.jpg

_14760.jpg

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
So, now I'm obsessed with these Tiffany celebration rings. I'm trying to decide what other stacking bands would look good with it. So many possibilities!!

And I'm also very glad I purchased the authentic Tiffany band. I know there are some PS vendors that make a similar band, but the details and craftsmanship of the Tiffany bands just can't be beat. And it feels like such a little luxury to be wearing a name brand ring, but it's mind-clean because I didn't pay retail!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
A few more I just snapped after it was cleaned at Tiffany.

_14761.jpg

_14762.jpg

_14763.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday Jill! :appl:
Beautiful band and it looks great with your gorgeous gorgeous ER. :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow Jill! So pretty !! Looks great with your ering. Happy birthday for sure. Can't wait to see what kind of band you buy next.

motownmama

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks beautiful!!!!!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, that ring WAS dirty before! It is beautiful - congratulations & Happy Birthday!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Very pretty! Looks really good with your eng ring!

I have to say...I want one. :love:

Farleysmom

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday to you!
Happy Birthday dear Jill_S!
Happy Birthday to you!

Now just be thankful you could read that chant instead of hearing the live version as I'm sure you're ears would be bleeding. :nono: :devil:

Now really, I hope you have a wonderful day. Your new band is stunning and looks perfect with your gorgeous stone-ring.

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday, it looks amazing, I have been drooling at the swing and jazz bands for a while now.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Totally lovely, but why is it called a "swing" band? Oh, and Happy Bday!

siamese3

Brilliant_Rock
Happy Birthday! I love that band and it looks :love: :love: :love: on you. Perfect birthday gift. I particularly like the swing with pink sapphires.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's really beautiful jill!! Looks so good with your ering - congrats on such a great find, and Happy Birthday!

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
missy, LLJsmom, mowtownmama, Alex T, MC, Farleysmom, arkieb1, minousbijoux, siamese3, junebug17 - thank you all for sharing in my enjoyment! I was so excited to share with my PS friends!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohh beautiful Jill!! It adds just the right amount of colour and jazz to your set :love: And I gotta admit, I'm a sucker for those fancy big-brand boxes too :halo:

Happy birthday!!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1392149034|3612986 said:
Ohh beautiful Jill!! It adds just the right amount of colour and jazz to your set :love: And I gotta admit, I'm a sucker for those fancy big-brand boxes too :halo:

Thanks, yssie! I do like the tiny bit of color (pink is my favorite - and their pink is so pretty!) and the visual detail of the band. Overall I'm thrilled! What bands do you wear with your 5-stone?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
jill_s|1392149843|3612992 said:

Thanks, yssie! I do like the tiny bit of color (pink is my favorite - and their pink is so pretty!) and the visual detail of the band. Overall I'm thrilled! What bands do you wear with your 5-stone?

I had to come back for another look :sun: it's such a sweet and simple little band and it really adds so much to your set! It's like MGR's anniversary channel band - sweet and simple and the perfect complement to her three-stone ::)

Ah, I have it!!! The secret sauce is obviously Tiffany bands + blingtastic three-stones :bigsmile:

I wear a plain gold band next to my Ering. I'd love a diamond band but I tried some on locally and nothing looked right... I think I just wrote to ame a couple of days ago that I'm definitely going to have to make a trip to Tiffany one of these days!!

That shade of pink looks good on your skin. I can't do pinks like that - either my skin makes them look purple or they make my skin look green, I'm not sure :sick: but I love the style! I'd be tempted by a green or a yellow...

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Yssie|1392152546|3613019 said:
jill_s|1392149843|3612992 said:

I had to come back for another look :sun: it's such a sweet and simple little band and it really adds so much to your set! It's like MGR's anniversary channel band - sweet and simple and the perfect complement to her three-stone ::)

Ah, I have it!!! The secret sauce is obviously Tiffany bands + blingtastic three-stones :bigsmile:

I wear a plain gold band next to my Ering. I'd love a diamond band but I tried some on locally and nothing looked right... I think I just wrote to ame a couple of days ago that I'm definitely going to have to make a trip to Tiffany one of these days!!

That shade of pink looks good on your skin. I can't do pinks like that - either my skin makes them look purple or they make my skin look green, I'm not sure :sick: but I love the style! I'd be tempted by a green or a yellow...

Yes, I think you are right, blingy three-stone plus Tiffany band is the perfect pairing! :bigsmile:

Now that I have a Tiffany band, I agree that Tiffany wedding bands really are great. Most of their bands are so aesthetically pleasing and well-made, that it makes it worth the premium. With the exception of their shared prong bands (I think you could get a comparable product from any good vendor), they really do make a great product. I hope you will be able to find something you love when you go to Tiffany!

Rika

Rough_Rock
That looks absolutely beautiful with your engagement ring! Such a good match, and I love the pink pop of color! Happy b-day and it's great you love your ring! :appl: :D

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Absolutely fantastic find. I LOVE how that looks with your three stone!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful, Jill! :love: What a great find! I love the swing bands and this makes me really want one with sapphires! Every time I see a great band like this it reminds me that having a simple e-ring has advantages! I also think Tiffany has the best wedding band selection of anyone. They are great quality and even better when found second hand and like new! (I do think their shared prong bands are better than most, though, because they are set so low in the beautiful basket settings!)

Happy birthday!!! :appl:

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
Rika and rosebloom, thank you so much! The more I wear it, the more I love it. That's such a great feeling! I struggled for almost 4 years to find a band that I liked to wear with my 3 stone. I had been wearing it by itself, but I was craving a more "married" and "traditional" look with 2 bands.

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1392187616|3613416 said:
That is beautiful, Jill! :love: What a great find! I love the swing bands and this makes me really want one with sapphires! Every time I see a great band like this it reminds me that having a simple e-ring has advantages! I also think Tiffany has the best wedding band selection of anyone. They are great quality and even better when found second hand and like new! (I do think their shared prong bands are better than most, though, because they are set so low in the beautiful basket settings!)

Happy birthday!!! :appl:

DS - I'm glad you saw this thread! I had been wanting to ask you, how durable has your legacy band been? Do you still wear it most days? I am eyeing that as my next purchase (either the all diamond version or the pink sapphire/diamond version) and I wanted to hear from someone about long-term durability and condition. Have you been satisfied with it? Would love to hear your thoughts!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Wow--great choice! Congrats! Estate brands, rock!

cheers--Sharont

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
Great find!!!!

And Frontenac was swell to clean that up for you!!! It looks fantastic! I keep hoping I'll bump into you somewhere... ;-)

PS--we ended up having to find a new basement guy, M just fell off the damn planet one day.

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Great find! You can really tell a difference in color after it was cleaned!! Makes for a good PSA to keep your darn rings clean everyone (although I am obviously preaching to the choir here lol)

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
canuk-gal|1392212700|3613498 said:
HI:

Wow--great choice! Congrats! Estate brands, rock!

cheers--Sharont

Estate pieces are fantastic. It seems like you are an expert at finding estate Tiffany pieces. Where are the places that you look? Also, do you have a relationship with a local Tiffany? I have to admit I felt a little guilty taking this piece into the store, since I didn't purchase it from my local place and the sales associate I regularly visit. 8) How do you handle that?

jill_s

Brilliant_Rock
ame|1392214942|3613512 said:
Great find!!!!

And Frontenac was swell to clean that up for you!!! It looks fantastic! I keep hoping I'll bump into you somewhere... ;-)

PS--we ended up having to find a new basement guy, M just fell off the damn planet one day.

Bryan, my SA at Frontenac, is fantastic and always takes good care of me. I really, really like him. I do have to admit that I felt really guilty taking this piece in there, because I didn't purchase it from him. But I was shocked at how much better it looked after I got it cleaned up!

I know, I keep thinking that I'll run into you somewhere! With your unmistakeable red hair, I'm sure to recognize you if I see you! We live in the mid-county area, where are you? And sorry about the basement mishap, we had a great experience with him, but he is a one-man shop so maybe it was just a bad time?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results