shape
carat
color
clarity

Widest of the wide

wideringfanman

Rough_Rock
For as long as I can remember I have found the look of wide, smooth plain yellow gold wedding rings, that are 20mm in width just awesome to see enveloping a woman's finger.
I remember in my youth always finding my breath taken away whenever I sighted one. yet the last time I ever saw one being worn was maybe 15 years ago now.
I guess maybe they have gone out of fashion for one reason or another, but I always found them both spectacular and alluring.
I would guess that these rings would now fall into the vintage category in this respect and would love to see some examples, or hear from anyone who might have worn one before and perhaps learn some clues as to why they have become so hard to find.

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I also love the look of a wide band. But I think a very wide band makes it almost impossible to wear a gemstone ring (engagement ring or other) stacked with the wide gold band. Since most people are on PS because of their love for diamonds and colored gemstones, I'm guessing not too many wear stand-alone wide gold bands.

I wonder if you may find some examples in this thread (I haven't looked through all of it myself):

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/do-you-have-a-favorite-gold-designer.29197/[/URL]

wideringfanman

Rough_Rock
Thank you for replying.

I do recall in the past seeing women wearing very wide convexly curved bands in tandem with an E.R. and they looked great. These being perhaps not 20mm in width but certainly maybe 17mm.
It is likely that a woman who chose a 20mm wide ring of the type would wear that ring alone on their left ring finger and her E.R on the right.
What made it possible for these women to wear such extreme width bands with another ring, or alone by itself, was simply that their fingers were long enough to accommodate this pairing or the wearing of a single all enveloping band.

Either way the look is one I have always found quite exhilarating visually.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results