carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Jeff White Pink Spinel Asscher Ring

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
ihy138|1391712704|3609348 said:
Gorgeous stone! I am drooling over that color - like candy! :love: :love:
Thank you! I'm so in love with it. And pink is NOT my favorite color by far!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More pics! Still from yesterday though! I will take more when my daughter goes to take her nap.

pink_asscher4.jpg

pink_asscher7.jpg

pink_asscher11.jpg

pink_asscher17.jpg

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
Beyond amazing.....so excited for you!

Lori

Natylad

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Freke... This is my dream ring...Seriously, i look at it and it makes me happy!! Imagine how i'd feel if i wore it!!!
Congrats on this beauty... :appl: :appl: :appl:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
More...Some of these were taken in my garage yesterday while someone refused to get out of the car.

pink_asscher19.jpg

pink_asscher21.jpg

pink_asscher24.jpg

pink_asscher27.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Last ones until I take more.

pink_asscher47.jpg

pink_asscher48.jpg

pink_asscher49.jpg

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous! Amazing color and cut on this stone.

gemmyblond

Shiny_Rock
Wow...truly stunning in every way. The color's terrific, faceting is mind-boggling, proportions are perfect. Congrats!
And please share the backstory, details and more pics when you have time.
Way to showcase a stone - wow!

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
I love this ring!!! Freke I think you have outdone yourself this time this ring is gorgeous :love:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Backstory:

Preloved Jeff White spinel, 3cts, 7.9mm
Preloved tapered baguette setting

The stone was originally commissioned to be an ering. The original owner had it custom set into a Daniel M split shank with pave...and then sold it later on on LoupeTroop when she decided she missed diamonds. Luckily it was to a friend of mine. But my friend didn't love it in the setting. She took the asscher out, put in a light blue spinel and now that ring is one of her favorite pieces. She only decided to sell the asscher...when I talked her into it...ahem, I mean, when she realized that one of her other stones was very similar in color, but larger.

Original thread on the stone:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-spinel-is-being-shipped.159593/#post-2899962

Original setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nk-asscher-spinel-e-ring-is-here-pics.162567/

The tapered bag setting was the one my Big Blue spinel was in. I had originally bought it from jbkhere - she had a blue spinel in it before. As soon as I saw the asscher in hand, I knew it would be perfect in the tapered baguette setting. I've hard the hardest time figuring out what I want Big Blue to live in. So, for now, it's loose, and probably will remain that way until I figure out a forever home....far into the future! My bling budget is totally tapped out.

Her thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-cushion-spinel-is-mounted.177909/

My thread with Big Blue in the setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-spinel-blue-sapphire-an-oldie.185246/

More pics that I took while sitting here at the computer. I think that darker orange pink is coming from my cabinets - a orange-y honey oak color.

p_asscher.jpg

p_asscher2.jpg

p_asscher3.jpg

p_asscher4.jpg

staci76

Brilliant_Rock
OMG WOW Freke, this ring is absolutely stunning!! :love: :love: I love the baguette band paired with it too (I'm a bit partial to baguettes myself...). Perfect set -- it's looks gorgeous on you. :appl:

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Oh my word. I should NOT have opened this thread. No no no :nono: Seriously want :lickout: So jealous :mrgreen:
Goooorrrr- geous! :love:

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
Holy C :love: W!!!!!!
Stunning. I l :love: ve it !!!!!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
It's cold (for here) and rainy (WOOHOO! We need it!) here today, but I went outside anyway.

_14581.jpg

_14582.jpg

_14583.jpg

_14584.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lots and lots of orange, purple and blue flashes...

_14585.jpg

_14586.jpg

_14587.jpg

_14588.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
And last bunch.

A couple without the band.

Hope you enjoyed! :wavey: :wavey:

asscher10.jpg

_14589.jpg

_14590.jpg

_14591.jpg

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1391717927|3609404 said:
Backstory:

Preloved Jeff White spinel, 3cts, 7.9mm
Preloved tapered baguette setting

The stone was originally commissioned to be an ering. The original owner had it custom set into a Daniel M split shank with pave...and then sold it later on on LoupeTroop when she decided she missed diamonds. Luckily it was to a friend of mine. But my friend didn't love it in the setting. She took the asscher out, put in a light blue spinel and now that ring is one of her favorite pieces. She only decided to sell the asscher...when I talked her into it...ahem, I mean, when she realized that one of her other stones was very similar in color, but larger.

Original thread on the stone:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...-spinel-is-being-shipped.159593/#post-2899962

Original setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/communit...nk-asscher-spinel-e-ring-is-here-pics.162567/

The tapered bag setting was the one my Big Blue spinel was in. I had originally bought it from jbkhere - she had a blue spinel in it before. As soon as I saw the asscher in hand, I knew it would be perfect in the tapered baguette setting. I've hard the hardest time figuring out what I want Big Blue to live in. So, for now, it's loose, and probably will remain that way until I figure out a forever home....far into the future! My bling budget is totally tapped out.

Her thread:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/my-new-cushion-spinel-is-mounted.177909/

My thread with Big Blue in the setting:
https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/blue-spinel-blue-sapphire-an-oldie.185246/

More pics that I took while sitting here at the computer. I think that darker orange pink is coming from my cabinets - a orange-y honey oak color.

Wow, FrekeChild - what incredible luck with the stone - I was waiting for the whole story :)

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG. It positively glows! It's ethereal and dreamy and I think I am swooning (whatever that is exactly haha). :love: :love: :love: You can get lost in those dreamy facets.
Thank you for the extra pics. It is so gorgeous Freke... wear in much health and happiness always.

SparklyOEC

Brilliant_Rock
I'm swooning over this set! I love the color of the spinel...looks just gorgeous on you!! :love: :love:

woofmama

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! That stone is simply gorgeous :love: The bag setting is absolutely perfect for it. I am seriously jealous of this ring :Up_to_something:
You always find the most amazing stones :appl:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is a GORGEOUS stone!! :love: :love: :love: Oh how I would LOVE to have a Jeff White asscher spinel!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: I am happy this one went to someone who'd really appreciate it, though! A wonderful addition to your collection!

NKOTB

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah. It looks kinda okay. :cheeky:

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
beautiful result! that colour... OMG.

Loooooooovvvvvvvvveeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrrrrlllyy

Winks_Elf

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I'm a huge pink spinel fan, but not really an asscher fan...until now. That is just breathtakingly gorgeous!!! :love:

petit_bijou

Shiny_Rock
*swoooooon* It's GORGEOUS! Those steps!! :love: :love: :love: :love:

It's absolutely perfect with the band, and I love the shade of pink! So fresh!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
How can it be so perfect in *every single picture*!!! This ring is just blowing my mind. The stone, setting, and band are all just made for each other. Good work, Freke!

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it!

It's ALMOST enough to make me want a pink stone :razz:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
natyLad - thank you! I look at it and it makes me happy too!

baby monster - thank you! Jeff really is a master!

gemmyblond - thank you! I can't believe how it came out!

artdecogirl - It's ridiculous ho giddy I feel to own something so pretty. I think it's very much at the top of my favorites list!

staci76 - I never realized until about a year ago how much I would love step cut stones, when I got this band and bought an emerald cut spinel. And I haven't looked back since! Thank you!!!

blingymo - LOL! Thank you!

Scarlett1 - thank you!

endless_summer - Right?! Luck luck luck! JW stones do NOT come up secondhand, and if they do, they are snapped the heck up fast!

missy - thank you! What is swooning anyway? Hah! Doesn't matter, I do it when I look at it too!

SparklyOEC - thank you! I wasn't a pink lover before, but I sure am now!

woofmama - Thank you! I think it looks so much better with the asscher than it did with my round.

diamondseeker2006 - thank you! It's certainly different from everything else that I have!

NKOTB - hah! Thanks!

gregchang35 - thank you! I know, when I joined PS, I never thought I'd buy a pink ring!

Winks_Elf - ME EITHER! And I'm head over heels in lurrrrve!!!!

petit_bijou - Thank you friend!

GemFever - Thank you! I actually send some pics to Jeff and he complimented my photography, which was really nice and unexpected. I didn't have to do much - the ring is just so beautiful!

MTG - Hah! If I can convert you to pink, I'll consider my work here done! Thanks!

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
I know you won't reply, but I'm really happy that you got this spinel...Jeff's pink asscher spinels are truly amazing and are rare.

Lori

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
I remember seeing that a few years ago on his web site and saying WOW. Such a gorgeous color and it is cut so perfectly. Just amazing :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results