shape
carat
color
clarity

Yayy!! Tiaras, Necklaces, Jewels!

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's great that we will see more royal bling on Kate but I hope her style will not turn frumpy!

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
mom2boys|1391359578|3606453 said:
It's great that we will see more royal bling on Kate but I hope her style will not turn frumpy!

I was thinking the same thing! Break out the jewels, but keep away from that wardrobe person.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
VapidLapid|1391364229|3606516 said:
mom2boys|1391359578|3606453 said:

I was thinking the same thing! Break out the jewels, but keep away from that wardrobe person.

Thritto! Bring on the gems!

I understand wanting to avoid wardrobe malfunctions, but I would hate to see her stripped of her fashion sensibilities and her ability to sometimes wear off-the-rack clothing from attainable brands. Just when the Royal Family was starting to seem a little bit normal...

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
More bling is much needed and about time too, however, I too hope she is not going to turn frumpy! Perhaps she will start to consider putting some weights into her skirts and dresses to stop them from exposing too much of her in the wind!

With the Queen cutting down on her engagements, it is understandable the need for the Duchesses of Cornwall and Cambridge to step into the limelight more, being married to the future heirs to the throne.

I personally would like to see more of the Princess Royal and the Earl of Wessex, however, I can appreciate the need to increase the Duchess of Cambridge exposure on the world stage, so as to better prepare her for her greater role ahead.

DK :))

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
She is unlikely to become frumpy! She has a good general sense of style & what works on her. The article says she's consulting regular couture designers -- Angela Kelly isn't gonna make her clothes, only help with what's appropriate for various kinds of functions, places, & appearances -- like not wearing a color that means mourning in some particular country. Kate's skirts are too short for her age & position; she's no longer Mary Smith from down the street, needs to dress the part she plays.

I'm delighted the Queen finally said No more Peter Jones. I'm not interested in a royal who dresses like I do -- boring! I can look in a mirror for that (& not quite see the same youth & beauty, but nobody's perfect :roll: ). I want to see rich beautiful clothes -- that was Diana's strength too.

And oh my gosh, JEWELS! Finally! Let's hope her hair is fixed up a little too.

--- Laurie

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Woo-hoo!!!! :appl: I can't wait for some real jewels on Princess Catherine! :love:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Agree with everyone's posts - hope that the wardrobe expert of the Queen's will help out in choosing what is appropriate for the occasion, but not in changing Kate's style. Jewels will be awesome! I would love to see the pic of Diana wearing emeralds as a headband. That must have been a huge fashion risk at the time (and wasn't quite sure why a sunburned back would have anything to do with it, but oh well).

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like that she appears younger and more down to earth and approachable. I certainly hope that not only does her style not change, but that she doesn't dress in a way that makes her distant. Too formal dress and too many jewels will do just that. She's barely 32, much too young to be concerned about her knee-length hemline.

vc10um

Ideal_Rock

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops, just realised I erroneously referred Sophie Wessex as the Earl of Wessex, I meant to say Countess of Wessex!

DK :oops:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Order of Splendor is SO much fun -- for a couple years my routine is 1st PS, next OoS, then Royal Jewelry Forum. First thing in the a.m., before breakfast even.

Rhea said:
Too formal dress and too many jewels will do just that. She's barely 32, much too young to be concerned about her knee-length hemline.

I can't wait to see the DoC in sparkles! Jewels certainly didn't make Diana distant, did they? Jewels are made for very pretty young women like Kate; it's a natural & wonderful partnership. That's why Charlene drives me up a wall -- Brad Payne & I agreed we will abduct her & take her to Graff & tell them to send the bill to the palace. What a waste!

Disagree about short skirts too -- Kate is not just any 32-yr-old. She is not a movie-star-celeb who can wear anything she wants. She represents the Queen & Great Britain & a certain dignity is essential. All this "I want to live like any housewife in a semi-detached" is silly. Having married an heir to the throne, she isn't any housewife. All those palaces come at a price.

Advice from designers will not make her dumpy & dull any more than it did Diana. Kate is herself; she sparkles & seems to like people, as did Diana. She married a position, though, as well as a cute guy & a certain evolution is part of that.

--- Laurie

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1391434694|3606906 said:
Order of Splendor is SO much fun -- for a couple years my routine is 1st PS, next OoS, then Royal Jewelry Forum. First thing in the a.m., before breakfast even.

Rhea said:
Too formal dress and too many jewels will do just that. She's barely 32, much too young to be concerned about her knee-length hemline.

I can't wait to see the DoC in sparkles! Jewels certainly didn't make Diana distant, did they? Jewels are made for very pretty young women like Kate; it's a natural & wonderful partnership. That's why Charlene drives me up a wall -- Brad Payne & I agreed we will abduct her & take her to Graff & tell them to send the bill to the palace. What a waste!

Disagree about short skirts too -- Kate is not just any 32-yr-old. She is not a movie-star-celeb who can wear anything she wants. She represents the Queen & Great Britain & a certain dignity is essential. All this "I want to live like any housewife in a semi-detached" is silly. Having married an heir to the throne, she isn't any housewife. All those palaces come at a price.

Advice from designers will not make her dumpy & dull any more than it did Diana. Kate is herself; she sparkles & seems to like people, as did Diana. She married a position, though, as well as a cute guy & a certain evolution is part of that.

--- Laurie

I can see that you're quite passionate about this and knee length skirts being too short! My comments were just passing comments so I suppose it's best to just disagree silently and bow out. I'm sure that she'll wear some wonderful things in the future so you can get your eye candy!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
No, Rhea! Knee length skirts aren't too short. Above the knee isn't too short. Halfway between the knee & the hip is. Geeze, I never meant to imply this is the 1940s! Some of her skirts look around 8" above the knee -- ok for regular people, but not on Royal Duty. It's not a big deal anyway -- we'll see soon. I'm not passionate about it -- I won't lose a wink of sleep, whatever Kate wears or doesn't wear.

I meant in general that nobody need worry that they'll make her wear Queen Elizabeth's hand-me-downs. :D

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JewelFreak|1391464670|3607197 said:
I meant in general that nobody need worry that they'll make her wear Queen Elizabeth's hand-me-downs. :D

I don't know.

wills_and_kate.jpg

VapidLapid

Ideal_Rock
welcome back!!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good to see you back, Kenny! :appl:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
kenny|1391465589|3607215 said:
JewelFreak|1391464670|3607197 said:

I don't know.
Please pass the eye bleach. I'm off to the unicorn chaser thread! :lol:

Nice to see you Kenny. :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nice to see you ladies, too. :wavey:

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Welcome back, Kenny!

DK :appl:

sonyachancs

Shiny_Rock
she does have a good sense of style - so perhaps she will not get into the frumpiness, like you guys said. but I think there is something young and approachable about having a royal who is so clearly modern, so to speak..

Laurie, what's wrong with her hair? I love it! although it's a Sloane Square look - all nice clothes and casual hair, which I might be biased toward :naughty:

JewelFreak said:
Let's hope her hair is fixed up a little too.

--- Laurie

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Kenny, hey! as we say down here below the Mason Dixon line. Glad to see you. I like your friends from Eastenders, attractive pair.

Nothing is wrong with her hair, Sonyac. Long hair is beautiful, but like all the writers on the style & royal forums I read, I'd like to see her do more with it. She has worn it up a few more times recently, which is neat. It's just not real sophisticated worn down almost all the time. Blows into her face on breezy days, etc. Kate is 32, not 22, & my own humble feeling is that she could do with a slightly less college-girl -- or Sloan -- look. Nothing wrong with sharpening up a tad in your 30s. Did doing so change Diana's personality or approach or beauty? Not a bit. Why so afraid for Catherine?

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I was at Disney for New Years Eve, and I bought my very own $20 tiara. I wore it proudly all night. :bigsmile:

I'm trying to figure out other excuses to wear it. :naughty:

Back to the thread at hand: Can't they just put little weights in the hem of her skirts? Like they do in Chanel jackets?

Agree, she needs a little more grown up-looking hair.

Kenny!! Glad to see you! :wavey:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Hi Kenny! You've been missed! Glad you're back! :wavey:

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks all. =)

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Please, please, please, DoC, do not wear the Cambridge Lovers Knots tiara to avoid being forever compared to Diana!

DK :roll:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results