shape
carat
color
clarity

Do you procrastinate?

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
I'm lazy, procrastinating, crappy student! I should be reading my notes about solid waste management right now... I have three (3) exams left of my degree and this is the last course of my minor subject (Environmental Engineering). Apparently having only very few courses left just makes me lazier not more motivated.

Do you procrastinate? Any advice on how to pull oneself together? :lol:

rubyshoes

Brilliant_Rock
All the time. I am hopeless. :mad: Matter of fact, there is something I need to do right now and I'm wasting time on PS :lol:

amc80

Ideal_Rock
It depends on what it is. In school I was a procrastinator. I knew how long it would take me to do something and would wait until I had that much time left. I'm sort of the same with work- I am much more productive under pressure.

With housework I'm the opposite. I'd rather do it now and get it over with so I can enjoy being done. I can't relax in a dirty house. My husband is the opposite- he always wants to relax now and clean later. Drives me crazy.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
I'll write something about this later . . .

:bigsmile:

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yes! I'm a stay at home parent. I always get everything kid related done, basic house cleaning done, dinner on the table, help with homework etc. But everything else I'm lazy and slow about like going to the gym making appointments for myself, finishing projects around the house.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm a terrible procrastinator, which is 1) why I'm here instead of cleaning my kitchen :wink2: and 2) the real reason why I didn't pursue a graduate degree. By the grades I did very well in college, but it was pure torture because I did everything last minute, and always felt like there was a sword hanging over my head - which there was, even if I was the one who put it there!

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
iLander said:
I'll write something about this later . . .

:bigsmile:
:lol: :lol:

I'm Olympic-class in that department! Gold medal winner. :rolleyes:

--- Laurie

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gawd yes...

But I work VERY well under pressure! :lol:

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
It depends what it is. I've procrastinated picking a gym to join in our new town since we moved here 5 months ago. That would mean pressure to actually GO, so I've held off on deciding.

I also procrastinate when it comes to filing mail. It never takes long to do, but I HATE doing it. It's the same with washing the floors. I generally keep up with other household chores. My husband is the king of procrastinating though. He lives by the motto, "Why do today what you can put off til tomorrow?"

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I guess strictly yes and no, I'd say yes. It really depends what I have to do whether I will or not.

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Anyone who answers No in this thread is a big fat liar.

Procrastination is Hangout's raison d'être.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Maria D|1389833683|3593661 said:
Anyone who answers No in this thread is a big fat liar.

Procrastination is Hangout's raison d'être.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Depends on the task. Generally, I like to get unpleasant tasks finished as soon as possible so in that respect no I am not a procrastinator. It feels good to get stuff that you do not care to do over with However...I do procrastinate occasionally. It just depends on my mood and focus at the time.

Kalomeli-my advice to you is just do it!!! The hardest part is getting started but once you start it gets easier. Congratulations on being almost done with your degree and Good luck!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Little bit, yeah. Not horribly. My husband is the poster child.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It depends on what it is. True story though I downloaded an app years ago called "I procrastinate" and I have never used it yet.

LaraOnline

Ideal_Rock
I've been meaning to get to this thread.... let me have a think about it....

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sometimes. Depends on the task. It helps to get things done by breaking the task into smaller pieces, if possible. Also, create an incentive/ reward or artificial deadline to get it done.

Examples: Have a paper to write that requires research? Just tackle a couple of hours of research. Then do some writing at another scheduled time. then editing at another time. Sometimes once you get started, you do more than you expected.

Treat yourself to a coffee or an hour of reading a book for finishing what you need to do.

Bargain with yourself that you can watch a t.v. show at whatever scheduled time or go to the x:00 movie if you finish what needs to be done.

Alternatively, just do it!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
marcy|1389850561|3593866 said:
It depends on what it is. True story though I downloaded an app years ago called "I procrastinate" and I have never used it yet.

:lol:

Amber St. Clare

Brilliant_Rock
I'll tell ya later! :naughty:

Modified Brilliant

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I always wanted to be a procrastinator but I never got around to it.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Haha! Great to know I'm not the only one! :lol:
Too bad that probably one of the reasons I procrastinate is that I know I'm very efficient under pressure.

missy|1389834699|3593671 said:
Kalomeli-my advice to you is just do it!!! The hardest part is getting started but once you start it gets easier. Congratulations on being almost done with your degree and Good luck!
Thanks, missy!! Actually saying things out loud (aka starting this thread) gave me the push to study! :wavey: Exam is now behind and I think(/hope) I'll pass. :praise:

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
missy|1389834699|3593671 said:

I do believe I started a "just do it" thread once upon a time.

It didn't last long. :wink2:

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I'm doing it right now.

minmin001

Ideal_Rock
I'm getting married next month and still dont have flower, center piece, hair/make up, photo, music any of those parts done.... :shock: :shock: I see a stressful break down in the near future. But what I'm doing right now? Nothing... :roll:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
Yes, way too often.

mary poppins

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Funny list, Scarlett1. I'm all about procrastination strategies listed at 13 (pre-work nap), 14 (cleaning) and 15 (doing anything else).

I had been procrastinating about doing tax related tasks for a while. I finally got them done today. Yay me!! Well, I only did the tax stuff because I am procrastinating about a more dreadful task I still need to do.

I feel a nap coming after I'm done poking around PS, FB and Reddit, my biggest time sucks.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Yes, but I'm working on it.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously procrastinate, especially at work

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Scarlett1|1389985063|3594779 said:
yes, Yes, YES!!!
I'm unreal!!! Currently working on my Masters dissertation and always!!! find something else to do. I am a real last minute person :o
Fellow procrastinators, I think you'll find these quite appropriate :lol:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/kristinchirico/problems-only-procrastinators-understand
That link pretty much covered all my excuses on not doing things! :lol:

I'm working on my Master Thesis and promised on 3rd of January that the theoretical part will be ready by the end of January... I have done nothing so far. :knockout: :nono: ;( I should get to work - TODAY.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK I am amending my answer to this question to all... of... the... time... when I am getting ready to do my work-out. In fact when you see me on PS for large chunks of time during weekend mornings you can bet it's because I am procrastinating before doing my work-out!!! Ugh! :knockout: I have to follow my own advice and just do it! But it's so easy to procrastinate on PS yanno? :cheeky:

Kalomeli, hope your Master Thesis turned out well!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results