#JOTW Sapphire ring w floating halo from CvB Inspired Design

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is SUCH a beautiful ring!

Circe

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I love this! The workmanship looks great. I'd love more shots of the gallery!

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Thank you everybody! Really appreciate all the great comments!

Circe said:
I love this! The workmanship looks great. I'd love more shots of the gallery!

Circe, I will try to get some nice angles of the profile/undergallery and post them tmrw!

Thanks again!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A native New Yorker, happily living in the suburbs,
under a big pile of dog hair. :)
NYC/CT - ChumleyGirl

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Hi again Circe,

Here are a few more photos of the undergallery. I wanted to keep the head of the ring as low profile as possible, while keeping it open underneath to allow light into the bezels. Caysie added the pretty filagree work in the basket for me. I am SO pleased with the outcome. =)
(Please forgive the little bit of kneaded eraser I used to stand the ring up with.) :rodent:

img_3414.jpg

img_3415.jpg

img_3416.jpg

img_3417.jpg

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
came back to say -- :love:

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
GemFever|1391024501|3603561 said:
came back to say -- :love:

:D Thank you so much GemFever! You just put a big cheesy smile on my face! :mrgreen:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My goodness, I absolutely LOVE your ring! :love: I have some similar pictures saved for future inspiration, and I am definitely saving yours!

GemFever

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Woot, congrats on Jewel of the Week! :appl:

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on getting Jewel of the Week honors! Well deserved!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
This ring is heavenly!

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
OMG! I'm so surprised! Thank you so much for the honor! Today marks the beginning of Chinese New Year celebration and it's truly off to a great start already! =)

Thanks again for all the wonderful encouraging feedback and such a warm welcome. It's very much appreciated!
So happy to be able to share with you. :D

Cheers!

Elysian

Brilliant_Rock
Hello, Gorgeous!!!! :love:

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a beauty!!! And congrats with making Jewel of the Week! It's a gorgeous an unique ring with a beautiful center stone.

MadameB72

Rough_Rock
Absolutely elegant. Enjoy it everyday!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely fabulous!

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all the love! :D

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Ohhh well done!

cheers--Sharon

Jereni

Brilliant_Rock
Just saw this posted in JotW - this is a seriously amazing ring. I am utterly inspired!

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love your ring. Its a beautiful design and the craftsmanship looks good. So can you say a little about how you happened upon Caysie? How did you choose her? Were there other designers you considered as well?

IrishBreakfast

Shiny_Rock
That is gorgeous - love the styling. Congratulations on such a stunner! :appl:

chumleygirl

Shiny_Rock
minousbijoux|1399792798|3670206 said:
I love your ring. Its a beautiful design and the craftsmanship looks good. So can you say a little about how you happened upon Caysie? How did you choose her? Were there other designers you considered as well?

Thanks everyone for the very kind words! :wavey: And a very Happy Mother's Day to anyone who is a mom, to humans and/or furbabies!

minousbijoux, I came across CvB while I was doing a search online for sapphires and inquired about a certified sapphire. We got to chatting about design in general and what I wanted to use the sapphire for. C offered to remove the original stone, reset with the sapph I purchased from her and resize it for me, for a nominal additional fee. (I had posted a photo of the ring on Niel's Show Me Your CvB thread.)

I was quite pleased with our interaction and the work of CvB's bench, so I decided to bounce around a few ideas with her on my custom ring idea. My family jeweler here in NYC/CT is my hubby''s godfather/our uncle, and I had not gone to anyone but him before for statement pieces. (Yes, nepotism is alive and well.) My sapphire floating halo ring was actually my first jewelery project that did not involve family. This design was also a departure for me, as I always leaned towards more modern/contemporary design influences as a younger gal. So honestly, if someone was to tell me that in 2013, I would enlist a bench 3000+ miles away in California to work on an antique period design piece for me, I would have just laughed. I never would have been able to reconcile it in my mind! ;-) But as they say, never say never! :cheeky:

I did not consider any other designers for this piece. After having had a peek into her design work on her Etsy, and a great initial experience with CvB, I just wanted to explore it further. I had a very succinct idea of what I wanted the ring to be, and CvB understood what I was looking for and was able bring it to life for me. After about a hundred emails, a few phone chats and a lot of expertise on her part, out came my little Belle Époque ring. 8)

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results