clarity

High end jewelry for less!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Ha! My first thought on reading the subject line was, "WHERE? WHERE??" :cheeky:

The Patek watch 1st one is not too shabby. Wouldn't mind taking that home.

--- Laurie

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The Patak watch was to die for!

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Oh baby, oh baby, oh baby...what a fun site.
Thanks AB for posting the link.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No problem, I love to drool!

Andelain

Ideal_Rock
AprilBaby|1391034817|3603693 said:
http://www.modnique.com/saleevent/Women-s/Luxe-Jewelry-Watches-for-Her-by-Hermes-Gucci-Bvlgari-More/16376/seeac/gseeac

I have purchased here before. Boy would I love the rolex with green stones!

It's fake.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Andelain|1391062380|3604027 said:
AprilBaby|1391034817|3603693 said:
http://www.modnique.com/saleevent/Women-s/Luxe-Jewelry-Watches-for-Her-by-Hermes-Gucci-Bvlgari-More/16376/seeac/gseeac

I have purchased here before. Boy would I love the rolex with green stones!

It's fake.

Andelain, how do you know? I'm active on a forum that is a bit more brand driven and typically when there is a fake posted people will explain why with factual evidence. I actually didn't open the link that was orginally posted so I'm not sure what everyone is seeing so perhaps it is obvious but I still think you should give your reasoning.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would love to know to how you think it's fake. They are all preloved and still very expensive?

lovebug1031

Shiny_Rock
there are lots of reviews of the site with complaints about fakes...i'd def. be wary

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
AprilBaby|1391145016|3604780 said:
I would love to know to how you think it's fake. They are all preloved and still very expensive?
something doesn't look right about that bracelet. The lug pins should not be visible. I have never seen a bracelet of this style from Rolex.. :confused:

Andelain

Ideal_Rock

Sure, here goes....

1. Rolex makes the Datejust in stainless steel or two-tone, not all gold. To get all yellow gold, you have to step up to the Day-Date, aka 'President'.

2. DF is right, Rolex doesn't make a bracelet with the pics exposed. See these pics of a real Rolex bracelet for comparison. Note also that the real one had links that are flat on the back, not oval. There's also gaps between those links, there shouldn't be.

links.jpg

band_2.jpg

3. The dial. Zoom in and look at how bad the font looks, Rolex would never let that out of the factory like that. Also the stones around the dial are a configuration that Rolex doesn't do. While you're at it, look how uneven and badly set those stones are. Below are a couple examples of what a Rolex dial really looks like.

outside2.jpg

23yo2.jpg

4. The cyclops on the crystal is crooked. The magnification looks wrong, too. It looks photoshopped, the gemstones seem to disappear behind the cyclops.

5. The case should be stainless, and the fit between that and the bracelet whould be much, much better. there's so much of a gap you can see the pins showing. As you can see below, that shouldn't be the case.

tbirdonwrist-close.jpg

6. Zoom in on the clasp and look at the terrible workmanship, then compare it to the real thing.

clasp_0.jpg

The pins holding the bracelet are all wrong, you shouldn't be able see the side of the case where the bracelet is joined. Also, the lugs go into the case, not under it.

dj-back.jpg

7. The outer part of the clasp is rounded over and looks cheap. Also, the Rolex logo has no detail. It looks like a blob someone tacked on there. You can't see the outside of the clasp in this pic, but you can get an idea of the differences in workmanship between that thing and a real Rolex.

t-bird.jpg

I see better fakes at the Hajji shops on base over here. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Andelain|1391171421|3604873 said:

Sure, here goes....

1. Rolex makes the Datejust in stainless steel or two-tone, not all gold. To get all yellow gold, you have to step up to the Day-Date, aka 'President'.

They do make 18k ladies datejust .when referring to a "president" it means the style of the bracelet not the watch itself. Day/date is a gent's model. here's my 18k YG day/date with a president bracelet.

_14390.jpg

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We'll doggone! I know nothing about watches, esp rolex. Thanks for the heads up! That's a lot of money for a fake!
DF, if you ever tire of that gorgeous watch send it to me to take care of for a while!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results