shape
carat
color
clarity

So I hear you bought a house...

dani13

Ideal_Rock
That's great, Butterfly!!! It's great to hear from you. I haven't seen u " around."
Yes, I TOTALLY know what you mean about coworkers complaining about getting admissions/ pts in general. That was one of the many reasons I had to get out of the hospital ( I'm per diem now). I really don't understand....I mean, in what job do you go to work, and expect not to work???? It's crazy!!! I was really burnt out after 14 yrs of L&D, and sadly, it wasn't because of the patients....it was working in a place where the hierarchy of seniority ruled above all else ( yes, after 14 yrs I still really had no seniority), and I was still working literally every holiday!! As soon as I got pregnant I was done!!
Well, hang in there....you can always make another move soon, especially with your experience....how did you end up where you are now? Do you have family/ friends there? Are you close to Philly? I love Philly!!!:)

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Butterfly17|1391177313|3604909 said:
Since you are planning on getting stainless steel appliances, I would wait a little bf changing the light.
The appliances will change the whole look of the room.
Also, I saw you liked the drum light in your other thread. Just make sure it's easy to clean if you get fabric bc dust tends to build up on it and inside it and make sure the lightbulbs are easy to access. I dislike the lights where you have to unscrew the cover bf you can reach the lightbulb.
We have a family room light that's like that and it went out a few months after we moved in and we still haven't replaced the lightbulbs bc it's so high we can't reach it which means we can't unscrew it to get to the lightbulbs.

Hmmm, another project...

Ugh, I hate the lights you have to unscrew to change the bulb. Our old house had what I call "boob lights" because, well... And one of them was nearly impossible to unscrew.

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dani|1391180356|3604960 said:
.how did you end up where you are now? Do you have family/ friends there? Are you close to Philly? I love Philly!!!:)

I am about 15 to 20 minutes away from South Philly.

My husband retired from the NYPD and we decided to move and get something cheaper and bigger than what we had in NY.
Mullica Hill is a really nice area and a lot of professionals live here and commute. The schools are excellent and one year they got a blue ribbon award. There are lots of nice homes here for sale for the same price as a duplex or townhouse in NY and there is so much more land.

Taxes are a lot more money, but I find that even with my lower salary, I still take home what I did when I lived in NY bc I am not paying a NY city tax.

We should have a Philly/NJ get together!

Threadjack over!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Butterfly17|1391196943|3605238 said:
Dani|1391180356|3604960 said:
.how did you end up where you are now? Do you have family/ friends there? Are you close to Philly? I love Philly!!!:)

I am about 15 to 20 minutes away from South Philly.

My husband retired from the NYPD and we decided to move and get something cheaper and bigger than what we had in NY.
Mullica Hill is a really nice area and a lot of professionals live here and commute. The schools are excellent and one year they got a blue ribbon award. There are lots of nice homes here for sale for the same price as a duplex or townhouse in NY and there is so much more land.

Taxes are a lot more money, but I find that even with my lower salary, I still take home what I did when I lived in NY bc I am not paying a NY city tax.

We should have a Philly/NJ get together!

Threadjack over!

(Almost over!) Butterfly, good to see you and I am happy to hear you have moved to a better location for your family! I noticed you post somewhere else and I saw you had a new ring I had not seen! You should post in Show Me the Bling and catch us up!!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol diamondseeker2006!! :wavey:

I need to get a new camera. I have become an iphone picture taker and I don't think the pictures do justice, plus they are always upside down. I will eventually post a thread with all my new goodies.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
We're FINALLY starting on the kitchen remodel/expansion yippeeeeee!

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Packrat, that's great! I wish I could redo my kitchen.
Good luck and hope that everything goes smoothly and in a timely order.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks! The best part is, we have to put in a new floor and we're going to do it thru the whole upstairs, so of *course* it only makes sense to repaint the bedrooms/living room, build a new entertainment center w/added cat tree and fix the bathroom. Of *course* hahahahaha. I've got it aaaallll planned out and I'm chomping at the bit to get started!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results