shape
carat
color
clarity

I think you guys will appreciate this...

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I've been talking about my nieces on here some lately because I enjoy buying them presents and such. I don't want kids and it's fun to spoil someone other than myself. I took them to the local gem show and they seemed to love it so now and then I grab some stones for them when I see affordable ones I think they'd like. The younger one told me she wanted a "big clear one" like my diamond so I bought her a white topaz. I finally got around to setting it for her, and though of course it looks nothing like a diamond, it makes a surprisingly pretty ring. Anyway, this morning before she went to school she texted a picture she took of it on her hand, along with a silver dolphin ring I had made for her when she was obsessed with dolphins, and I knew I had successfully created a new bling obsessed partner-in-crime. How fun!

_14279.jpg

_14280.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I also took a picture of it on my hand before I gave it to her, because I was in a light blue-green room and I think it's cool how the topaz picks up the colors of its surroundings.

_14281.jpg

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Oh, and then I took some pictures of how perfectly my new cords matched my new ring. :lol:

_14282.jpg

_14284.jpg

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Awww, what a sweet gift, and it looks so nice on her.

I wish my nieces loved jewelry. I have bought some for one of them in the past, and she threw it in a drawer. She doesn't have my genes for gem adoration evidently.

bcavitt

Shiny_Rock
Trade
I think that's called being an "enabler". :lol:

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
TL|1391094238|3604144 said:
I wish my nieces loved jewelry. I have bought some for one of them in the past, and she threw it in a drawer. She doesn't have my genes for gem adoration evidently.

Same here :cry: My niece is not a girly-girl, at least not yet, and the jewelry I've bought for her goes unworn. I'm still hopeful that maybe when she gets to high school she'll start dressing in something other than sweatpants and t-shirts, and even put on some jewelry. Until then, I'll just have to keep buying things for myself!

Kelli - I love the ring you got her, and the setting matches yours, also nice! What I would have given to have had an aunt like you!!!

endless_summer

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TL & Carmen - They'll grow into it :)

Kelli - when you introduce your niece to PS one day, she'll definitely be hooked for life - we're all happy to enable here!!!

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
oh, dear, I want you to know that I blame my dear Aunt Mary [may she RIP] for starting me off on jewelry at a very young age....I still have a bracelet she gave me.

however, I Think You Are Doing Her A Great Service To Learn So That She Does Not Become A Mall Store Victim! and, besides, it gives you great pleasure!

have fun and enjoy.

oh, and please tell her that I think her white topaz ring looks very elegant on her finger! :love:

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are a wonderful aunt, to share your love of gems and start it off the right way too. Beautiful rings and I like how yours matches the pillow.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this! I have 5 nieces and I so wish I had a partner in crime. Our family generally eschews jewelry, so it will likely be a while before they can break free of family chains and recognize their inner gemaholic (at least that's my way of thinking).

Your jewelry is always lovely and I really enjoy your threads. Did you actually make the dolphin ring yourself?

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Terrific that you've found a partner in crime! errrm... lust... errm gem appreciation - yes, that's it! May you spend many happy years spoiling your nieces :))

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone! I'll also add that she thinks it's funny that I name my rings, but she named hers "Crystal."
Minousbijoux I WISH I had made that ring myself! If I could work in silver I'd be making all my own settings. I bought it from an ebay vendor all the way over in Australia. Unfortunately I can't remember her name and I couldn't find her store again. The ring was adjustable but my niece's hands were very tiny so she had to REALLY bend the ring to get it to stay. After she broke the first two the seller had this one cast specifically for her, which I thought was very sweet.

It took a few tries to get them interested. First I'd gotten them each a few strands of smaller freshwater pearls which they have started to wear again recently, and I had Daniel M make them necklaces and earrings with a puppy paw print and their puppies' names, which turned out really cute. I think the dolphin ring was the first big hit, and I ended up getting one for the older girl too when she seemed to like her sister's. Then they started seeing all my goodies when I started buying colored stones, and the younger one happened to be studying minerals and gems at school when the local show came around. I got them each some fun little stuff there, and I think after that they've both been pretty into it. The older one told me her friend at school asked her why she had so much nice jewelry, and when she said it was from her Aunt Kelli, her friend said her aunt only gave her bows and arrows. :lol:

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
I found a pic of the puppy necklace/earring set. They did such a good job with it.

_14347.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results