shape
carat
color
clarity

Here is "Rose."

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love how fast you do projects Kelli! Can we get a shot with all of your rings?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelli|1390565492|3600141 said:
Thanks so much everyone! There are so many unbelievable stones on this forum, so your compliments mean a lot. To answer the questions…

I do have fluorescent lighting at work. This stone doesn't seem to brown out much there. The redder one in the three stone kind of does, but it takes on more of a rust color that I actually really like. The Mali and the Spess don't really look their best in it.

I did get one of Jeff's amethysts a while back to fill a setting I had gotten for the Spess and decided against. I never made a thread for it, but it's in some of my group shots in other posts. I'll see if I can find a picture. For a stone I paid $100 for, it gives me plenty of enjoyment, though the setting is not my fave. I want to set it in silver with peridot sidetones someday for a "fun" ring, but never see a peridot pair small enough. The one I ordered for my niece I haven't seen yet. Shipping takes a while from Thailand, but I'll post pics when I get it.

The setting is yet another stock one from Stuller. They're not original but they're sturdy enough, affordable, and get the stones on my fingers quickly which is what matter most for me. I lack the patience and the funds to send my stones away for custom and/or elaborate settings. I keep telling myself I'll do it someday when I find a super killer stone, but right now I'm just having fun collecting what I can afford and having different things to stare at each day at work. Plus I truly enjoy the simplicity of a single stone on a band, which I guess works in my favor budget-wise. :lol:

Kelli: That is great - it is so rare to find garnets in the red family that do not brown out or turn rusty, so know you have relatively rare one.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results