shape
carat
color
clarity

Just bought this. Shoot.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
I don't know what it was, maybe all the recent threads about impulse buys? But this was an impulse buy. I like the lighter color and the brightness it showed in the video (sometimes his stones are darker than shown in photos). Anyway, I would love any feedback (critical feedback is helpful, too!) based on the pics below as this is my first sapphire and first color shift/change stone.

1.35ct CC sapphire, 7.32 x 5.56 x 4.36 mm, eyeclean

screen_shot_2014-01-24_at_10.png

screen_shot_2014-01-24_at_0.png

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Cut is excellent but I'm not sure how accurate the pictures are. Wish I could see the video; I think I know where to find it though.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Are we allowed to link to the vendor's youtube video? I wasn't sure.

But yes, Chrono, I think you do know where....

OTL

Brilliant_Rock
I think you did very well! Absolutely love it, precision cut, face up large enough, good clarity, and as if that's not enough, a nice color change!!

Bex

Shiny_Rock
I think you did a great job. Gorgeous color, beautiful cut, and so sparkly in the video. And a great price for an unheated stone too!

blingyjules

Rough_Rock
It looks lovely to me and so sparkly in the video.

I'm trying to get better at reading pics as I'm still very new to gemmies and my first impression from the pics without reading any comments was it was really well cut, looked very sparkly and I thought I knew the vendor.

As basic as those observations were I'm rather pleased with myself at the moment that my immediate thoughts about the cut were confirmed by other PSers and I was right about who it came from. I must be stalking his gemmies too much at the moment lol.

Hope you love it in real life :)

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
Very nice. I love the lavender in it too. Well cut, sparkly in video, faces up nice & the size is good. Great job! You learn fast!

--- Laurie

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love it! Beautiful color and cut. :love: Congratulations on a gorgeous stone. :appl:
What are your plans for it?

carmen1

Shiny_Rock
I love the color in the video! Please come back with pics when you receive it!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Yes, you can link to the YouTube video.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great purchase! I love the cut.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
carmen1 said:
I love the color in the video! Please come back with pics when you receive it!

carmen 1 - Will do! I think it'll probably be another 10-14 days, though. So impatient....

missy said:
Love it! Beautiful color and cut. :love: Congratulations on a gorgeous stone. :appl:
What are your plans for it?

Thanks missy!- Probably a ring, as I'm finding I don't wear my CS necklaces at all for some weird reason :confused:
In this size I'm thinking a halo, and setting the stone east-west might also be an option.... Guess I'll wait and see how it looks on my hand.

blingyjules said:
I'm trying to get better at reading pics as I'm still very new to gemmies and my first impression from the pics without reading any comments was it was really well cut, looked very sparkly and I thought I knew the vendor. As basic as those observations were I'm rather pleased with myself at the moment that my immediate thoughts about the cut were confirmed by other PSers and I was right about who it came from. I must be stalking his gemmies too much at the moment lol.

I know what you mean blingyjules - I'm pretty new to this too! Hence the nerves regarding the purchase. It's also one of my more expensive stone purchases, as I don't want to spend much when I don't really know what I'm doing! ::) His stones are so fun to stalk because the pics are always so gorgeous! Gotten anything from him yourself? :naughty: Do share!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous. It looks stunning.

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The general consensus on that seller is that his photos show the stone generally brighter and lighter than what you see in hand, but that said, your sapphire has a ways to go before it would be close to being dark, so I'm sure it will be lovely, if the hue is accurate in his photos. Please post pics when you get it. My guess is that you will love it, especially his cutting.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results