shape
carat
color
clarity

How much of your children's memorabilia do you keep?

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
How much of your children's memorabilia do you keep? And which?

I'm finding I've got a bit much. Maybe it's because my parents only have two pictures (and no other things either) of me from when I was little ( ? ! ) and I don't want that for him.

But, I've got a bad back now and belongings are liabilities/hazards as everything must be picked up and moved at some point. The papers and photos are heavy.

Your ideas? Thanks.

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too much. Boxes in the basement. They have all moved out, time for them to pick them up!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
For both my kids, I have files for each grade and keep all their papers sorted by year. For grades K-6, I keep/kept just the really nice projects & tests and examples of writing. For my middle schooler, I have a file for each class he's in and will keep all the papers until the end of the year until all report cards come back, then I will go through and just keep the project assignments & some tests.

I separated out report cards and put those in our safe deposit box just in case something happens.

Still, even with files for everything, stuff is scattered and misplaced and I don't know what to do with the papers I've kept because we never look at them!

Pictures are another story. They're in boxes and I meant to organize them by age/kid/etc, but never completed that organizational project. Also, almost all photos taken w/in the last 3 years are digital and on my iphone and I haven't printed them out or anything. I guess it's not a priority...I just make sure we label the photos by year so eventually I can make them into a photo album, if I feel motivated.

How old is your child?

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a large plastic container for each kid. I keep their nicer art work, writing papers,
awards/recognitions and report cards. I plan on giving to them the boxes when they get older
and move out.

Throughout the school year I keep all their papers so when summer comes I can go through
them and see what we need to work on over the summer. At the start of the new school
Year, last years papers go into the garbage and we start all over again.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I print one ~50+ page album for every year of life from Shutterfly using digital photos. The albums are lighter and very compact (basically a real book), compared to album binders with pictures.

For artwork, I file them in binders, after culling out what is not aesthetically pleasing. It hurts to throw things out each time, but it makes it manageable.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
tyty333|1390586636|3600393 said:
I have a large plastic container for each kid. I keep their nicer art work, writing papers,
awards/recognitions and report cards. I plan on giving to them the boxes when they get older
and move out.

Throughout the school year I keep all their papers so when summer comes I can go through
them and see what we need to work on over the summer. At the start of the new school
Year, last years papers go into the garbage and we start all over again.

That's what I am doing. I put all art projects and evaluations in the tub.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Too much. Working on the hoarding issues as we have no space...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Minimal. I get some flack for that. When I got married my DH (almost 32 years of age) still had his High School curling pants. JM & J.

That said, I have the hospital ID bracelet and "hat" that my son came home with; baby blankets that were hand knit and are well worn. I've kept most of the handmade picture frames that are visible in every room, and Christmas decorations and knick knacks--they are well used and loved. Now I am typing I see my favorite baby pictures of my adult son by the computer. Also awards (academic and government), medals and publications are preserved; for the present. Since my son is still in University and living at home I will keep his "stuff" until he leaves...and it better go with him....or..... :saint:

cheers--Sharon

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
Mine's only little. I've kept a couple of baby outfits and blankies, some art projects, and her first attempts at drawing a face and a person. I've also kept some ticket stubs from our travels. I intend on doing some kind of budget scrapbook one day.
Also, a few baby toys I couldn't bear to part with.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Baby clothes that make my heart clench. London has always been an artsy kid, so I have quite a few drawings from the time she could hold a crayon until now. Examples of schoolwork from preschool to current. I'm going to put art work and school work in plastic page protectors and into a three ring binder-one for each of the kids. I'll put pictures and cards from birthdays and things in there too, like a scrapbook kinda.

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so very much for the replies! Great input. I really appreciate it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results