shape
carat
color
clarity

Pattye's pink ripple to Minna:-)

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Katbran, thanks! I'd love to see Your ripples, finished or unfinished. I think it's true what You said about ripples. Do these people even know they are real pearls? Some ripples are quite far from ordinary pearls. I got today my Beaders Secret and couple of strands little pearls for practicing to knot. So exciting :wavey:

LitGeek, yes I knew it was Catherines and that was the reason why I turned to her. It's lucious :lickout:.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew|1389622594|3591909 said:
Confection10 - It is amazing how different the pearls look in different light sources and around your neck. They are beautiful - congratulations!

Pkinnew, thanks :wavey:. Today was the most shiny winter day, although there is -19C; damn freezing. I loved to see my new ripples and lavender in sun. They really popped, like someone said. Pearls are like diamonds; they look at best when sun shines brightly!

By the way; I just blinded when read Your collection thread.... 8-)

_13668.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Confection10! I really love seeing your pearls and love the sunshine!!! I heard that the best pictures of pearls are taken on a sunny day in indirect light but I think they look awesome in daylight! Thanks for sharing!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1389623179|3591915 said:
Katbran, thanks! I'd love to see Your ripples, finished or unfinished. I think it's true what You said about ripples. Do these people even know they are real pearls? Some ripples are quite far from ordinary pearls. I got today my Beaders Secret and couple of strands little pearls for practicing to knot. So exciting :wavey:

LitGeek, yes I knew it was Catherines and that was the reason why I turned to her. It's lucious :lickout:.

I thought you knew, but just wanted to be sure :))

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1389552758|3591459 said:
This all was a pleasure with You, Pattye :appl:. You made everything go so smoothly and with patient. I really appreciate that You and Catherine C . both have most wonderful customer service with personal touch. I feel that I have got pearl friends on other side of the world :wavey:. I have got photos which made choosing easier and many advices when planning to strung by myself. What else woman could ask? Nothing :)

I have took all my photos with my iPhone. It just needs good lightning conditions and wonderful pearls of course :lol:. And today we had quite nice weather, now snowing again though. I love it. Here is so white and bright compared to the last few months darkness.

Thanks Pattye :wavey:

Confection! Those look fabulous on your lovely neck!

Congratulations. And great photos!

Personally, I like smooth ripples over wrinkly. But that's just me. And I know others prefer wrinkled ones.

And you do have at least one pearl friend over here on the west coast! (nine hours west of you!).

And plus one on the Pattye is wonderful! I just went a on pearl findings spending spree (at Artbeads) thanks to a hot tip from her!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
My neck,periwinklegirl, looks more ripples than smooth moonglow pearls :(( . But at least it doesn't look worse with pearls, as I told to Pattye too, when we wondered our necks :D. They are quite lady-like, right?

I'm between wrinklier or smoother. Decicions, decisions...but what a nice problem I have...

What vehicle would You use if it takes nine hours arrive to me? I always thought You live in Europe too... :wavey:

Haven't ever heard Artbeads, but now I'm gonna looking. Thanks! By the way, I knotted today my first pearls, not whole strand, just practiced. It's nice!

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
I really want to learn how to do that! Can't wait to see your first strand!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Minna,
I live nine hours (time zones) west of you! In Vancouver, on the west coast of Canada. Even flying takes longer than nine hours to travel that far!
But my sister lives in Europe and I was there for three weeks in December.

I think your neck looks lovely!

Congratulations on stringing your first pearls! It's fun and addictive! 18 months ago I only had one pearl stand. Now I have, well, over twenty. And another half dozen in the works! I was telling Pattye that I really need to finish the projects I have on the go before I buy more pearls!

Pkinnew, it's fun and easy! I only learned last Easter and now I knot strands all the time!

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
pkinnew, i just have practiced, nothing more. I bought cheap multicolour, inexpensive pearls from Pattye. They are quite small, ~6mm, and my old eyes needs very good lightning. Now I'm planning some nicer pearls to buy. Maybe on spring I have something to show :wavey:

periwinklegirl, oh, I misunderstood or did I even read carefully Your post :((. But to people, who share same passion, location doesn't matter. I have noticed, I visit very rarely on PS diamond forum now a days, but here in pearl forum; when ever I can :wavey: . Pattye is searching some pearls to me. I have an idea on my head, but pearls missing....

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Confection10, what's next on your list of pearls to buy? You seem to have so many colored pearls.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
White larger pearls; more or less rippled :wavey:. Just noticed You used to be Sortmon :lol:. (because my Tahitian itch got worse immediately I saw Your photos, I thought there was something strange. All T's doesn't itch as much...)Please stop :lol: :lol: :lol: .

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1389938181|3594516 said:
an :wavey: . Pattye is searching some pearls for me. I have an idea in my head, but the pearls missing....

Oh cool! What's your idea?

Right now I'm putting together some white south seas and baroque blue akoyas with some keshi thrown in! Sounds funny but looks great!

I'm thinking of starting a project thread so we can all show each other what we're making!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
I'd like to learn how to string too. I have an idea in my head of a necklace I want to make as well! A combination of tiny pearls, strung in a very specific order.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Periwinklegirl, biwa sticks, keshis, different shape pearls; rice and rounds. And rope lenght. I just don't know how I'll manage with ultimately long thread...exciting :appl:

SMC, definately You should try. It's quite easy when You found best way to strung :wavey:

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Confection,
That sounds exciting! (biwas and keshi and a rope, oh my!).

When I'm stringing, I actually start threading the pearls with the string still attached to the roll. It keeps it neater. I only cut when I have the pearls all on the string and then I pull enough through thread and then I cut it.

I have a lot of fun arranging the pearls into a strand to be knotted. I have a special tray that holds them in place in a necklace shape. Like in flygirl's pics!

Good luck and post pics! :)

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1389530729|3591318 said:
Thanks periwinklegirl :wavey:. It was pleasure work with Pattye. I know this wasn't my last strand from her.

Pearlescence; without you on PS, I haven't ever heard of Pattye. Thanks for that :wavey:

And Flygirl is who first led me to Pattye! So thanks to her too!

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Confection10|1389537576|3591351 said:
Wannabe-whites are the only, I can afford. There's no chance to have large wSS pearls now, so maybe that's the reason why I'm leaning towards white ripples; smoother or wrinklier. And I know; they can't ever compare to wSS's :wavey:

White south seas have a much softer lustre. Deep, but soft (like a mirror covered with steam). Compared to akoyas that have a much sharper lustre (more like a mirror), but not very thick.

I get mine from agustus on ebay (so far), who is in Bali, Indonesia. You can get quite good deals. I've got five loose wss pearls so far (and he drills them for me), and some goldens. For good prices! But I'm careful to read the sizes in the descriptions and look at all the pictures (same as with Pearl Society).

Here's an example (baroque):
http://www.ebay.ca/itm/SOUTH-SEA-PEARL-KESHI-11-3-mm-Cream-White-Indonesia-0-97-g-un-drilled-Jyotish-/201016429561?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ecd834bf9

The rounds go for higher prices.

Confection10

Brilliant_Rock
Periwinklegirl, thanks for Your tips. You are great :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results