shape
carat
color
clarity

#12 off the list! I got engaged last night!

Julysnight

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone,

I am engaged! My now Fiancé :love: surprised me last night! He did so well picking out my ring & his proposal was so simple, cute and sweet. Everything is exactly how I wished it would be.He truly knows me and what I like.

I have not seen the GIA report but according to my Fiancé, my ring is a H color VSI 2.5 cushion cut beauty set with .25 ct pears on each side (.50 total). So pretty, I can't stop looking at it. I'm still in shock :shock: My ring size is a little under 5.5 and I have super long fingers.

I will post story and better pictures soon. :)

_13648.jpg

_13649.jpg

Snuffles_Rose

Rough_Rock
Congratulations -- the ring looks beautiful! Can't wait for more photos and detailed close ups of the setting!

Julysnight

Rough_Rock
More pictures of the ring :)

_13653.jpg

_13655.jpg

_13656.jpg

_13654.jpg

Julysnight

Rough_Rock
Side and view from the top.

_13661.jpg

_13659.jpg

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I absolutely love the proportions of the ring and it looks gorgeous on your hand. Congrats! he did well too!

SouthernSunset

Rough_Rock
I love the size and the pears oh my! :razz:

When do we get a proposal story huh? :D

SouthernSunset

Rough_Rock
I love the size and the pears oh my! :razz:

When do we get a proposal story huh? :D

Julysnight

Rough_Rock
Thank you and Sorry for the delay of the proposal details.

My SO proposed to me right before bedtime :)

Back in August he took me to Athens and London. While we were there I thought he might propose. I was hoping he would because it was such a great trip.However, as the days went by, all theses "perfect" proposal places kept slipping away. One of the last nights of our trip, I confessed to him that I was a little sad that we had been to such beautiful places and there had not been a proposal. He looked a little surprised because until that point, we hadn't talked too much about a proposal. Around our one year mark, we had agreed that it would happen in the near future, but since we were both happy with the progression of the relationship, we didn't bring it up again much after that.Our last night in Europe, he asked me where would of I wanted him to propose, and to my surprise, I could not think of the perfect place site so I replied "here in bed". The reason I said in bed was because my SO and I do not live together, we live about an hr away from each other. In additon, I work three to four 12hrs shifts that vary every week and he puts in long hours at his work plus he travels nationally and internationally almost every month. We usually only see each other two days a week. Since our schedules are a bit hectic, it is no surprise that our most favorite place to be is cuddling in bed, talking, kissing, and reconnecting with each other. I told him that I couldn't think of a more perfect place because that is where I'm the happiest and most carefree.

Fast forward to the evening of our engagement :) He asked me to dress up and took me to a really nice restaurant, then we went to have drinks, he was so sweet the whole evening but I didn't think the evening was out of the ordinary. We got to his place and got ready for bed, while we were in bed, he was being his usual affectionate self and was telling me how much he loves me and starting talking to me about our future. I got excited because I thought he was going to start talking about us getting engaged soon and about what ring i would want, but all of a sudden he gets on one knee and proposes :love: I was genuinely caught off guard and so happy with how he proposed. The next day he told me that he was thinking of proposing in different ways or places but his thoughts always lead him back to what I had said while we were on vacation. He said he wanted to propose in the happiest place he could think of for both of us and cuddling in bed always beat any other ideas. I honestly feel that It was perfect. Him and I have gone on several trips, we have been on a helicopter ride, amusement parks, museums, seen some beautiful sites, and eaten at really nice restaurants but none of those places or experiences compare to how perfect things feel when we are in bed hugging, kissing, and talking. I am so happy it was intimate and private, he did a great job of surprising me :)

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Congrats!!! I love that he listened to you, and that the proposal was truly about the two of you. So perfect.

kalomeli

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations, Julysnight!!

SouthernSunset

Rough_Rock
AWWWWWWUHHHHHH.

That's one of the sweetest, humble and warm proposals I've ever heard of. Well done to your FI!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results