shape
carat
color
clarity

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

NoonersMom

Shiny_Rock
Hi all.....It seems that after many tries, I still can''t my avatar picture to post properly. Anyone have any helpful hints as to how customize a picture to make it fit your avatar? (Sorry, I know this isn''t a true LIW topic....I am just frustrated!). Thanks in advance! I''d love for everyone to be able to see Nooner. :)

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Looks like it worked....I see Nooner, though the pic''s a bit blurry....but looks like a flufball o'' love!!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I know just how you feel...I swear Ava isnt all pixelated in person. She is deeply offened that I am not trying harder.
emcry.gif

jenwill

Brilliant_Rock
I am sitting here working alte and laughing like crazy at the image of a pixelated dog......

and then the image of a dog highly offended that people might think she looked pixelated! Thanks!

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi NoonersMom-

I had a pixelated picture for awhile too. Try uploading the picture in a higher resolution that is about the same proportion of 42x40 or whatever the guidelines are and PS will automatically shrink the picture to your avatar.

Erin

Ideal_Rock
Yes that is the answer. Rescan your picture using higher resolution settings on your scanner or sometimes you can resave the picture under higher settings. PS will size your picture to your avatar. Resolution is what you need to play with.

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Did you try the advice yet?

Man that pixelated dog is so funny.
5.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
If you have any type of image editing software..aka Photoshop, LView, Paintshop, MS Picture etc...

Open your image in there. Doesn''t matter how big or small it is as long as it is bigger than ~40 pixels which is pretty darn small.

Once it''s open, find the RESIZE tool aka under Editing or Picture or different pulldowns, and then where it has the pixels, type in what you want it to resize to. I know everyone says 40x42 or whatever, but I actually do 96x96 or as close as I can to that. This seems to work for me. Make sure that you keep the aspect ratio the same, usually there is a checkbox to keep the ratio the same for length to width, make sure it''s checked.

If your picture is long vs square, you may have to CROP it out into more of a square (then look at pixels to see if it''s more squarelike, aka 180x185 instead of 180x240), then do the RESIZE and save it as something else so you don''t save over your original pic.

That should do it, upload it to PS...good luck
!

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Snow Happy! Thanks soo much! I havent gotten it 100% right just yet but my dear Ava is looking less pixelated! I know she will be pleased! If you were here Ava would be sure to give you oddles of puppy kisses, she is quite vain. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results