shape
carat
color
clarity

USPS International Package Not Received--any advice?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
A month ago, I bought a small yellow diamond from Leibish. The package was last updated Dec. 11, as having arrived to a sort facility in New York. It still has not arrived. Leibish filed a complaint/inquiry, as did I today. No word from the post office. Since it was ordered so long ago, I do not think that the recent storms and extreme weather conditions in various parts parts of the country are the reason that I have not received this package. Any advice? Leibish has been outstanding and assured me that I would receive the diamond or a refund, which is much appreciated.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would keep calling the PO to have them track down exactly where the parcel is.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
Call the local PO, or the USPS help line? I've called the USPS helpline, but it doesn't seem like anyone answers it.

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
No response from USPS yet; I'm concerned that the 30 day window for filing an international registered mail claim is closing.

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd call the local post office, AND file the claim. If they find it, great. If they don't, well, you've filed the claim. Don't let the claim window close without filing. (Really I think Leibish has to file it since they mailed the package?)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Call the local PO, and yes, Leibish needs to file it, not you. Until the stone is safely in your hands, even though you've paid for it, it is Leibish's responsibility and risk to bear.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
The Post Office has become really terrible in the last few years. I don't know if it's budget cuts, or just sloppy management, but I don't trust them at all anymore.

Go ahead and file the claim, just doing that might goose the system and it will suddenly appear.

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
szh07 said:
A month ago, I bought a small yellow diamond from Leibish. The package was last updated Dec. 11, as having arrived to a sort facility in New York. It still has not arrived. Leibish filed a complaint/inquiry, as did I today. No word from the post office. Since it was ordered so long ago, I do not think that the recent storms and extreme weather conditions in various parts parts of the country are the reason that I have not received this package. Any advice? Leibish has been outstanding and assured me that I would receive the diamond or a refund, which is much appreciated.

It's not in Bethpage sorting Facility is it?
Cause you can kiss it goodbye! I'm sorry to say.
My Cartier trinity was last seen in that place on June 27th! They have an image of it on the conveyor belt and that's it.
They do not have phones in the facility because as I was told by a Postal Inspector it's too loud and very few humans work in there.
If the package is found, and the addressee/sender cannot be identified( if the label cannot be read or has been ripped off by the machines) it is shipped to Atlanta where the package is opened and IF the sender or addressee can be identified it is repackaged and sent on its merry way.
If the package was insured they will pay out the claim and IF the item is found the USPS keeps it and auctions it off.
My package sadly was not insured due to an incredibly inept CPO ( contract Post Office) never use them. They are the ones inside other kinds of stores... Like a Sip and Ship, a wine store and package shipping place.
So my only hope is that it is someday found and makes its way home cause
I think my ring slipped off a conveyor belt and is wedged behind a machine and when they tear the place down in 20 years my ring will show up and we will be reunited. It will make a great story in the paper;(

I hope you have much much better luck!!!!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
No luck yet. I'm calling the local PO first thing in the morning; the online 'help lines' don't actually seem to be manned by people at all.

The rep. from Leibish I wrote to asked that I send another email to USPS with additional information like package size, etc., which I have, but has not yet responded to my request that they file an official claim. I do hope I get my diamond; I was really excited to get a nice, very small yellow diamond for a great price--it has a carre cut/square baguette type cut, so I had planned to set it just above my .86 W-X OEC in an 18k YG bezel. Sigh..

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results