shape
carat
color
clarity

Did everyone see Kim Kardashian's ring?

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love her diamond but not that setting!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Interesting that the prongs are NSEW. I'm sure that was intentional.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
braga123|1388635860|3584614 said:
I don't know if there is a thread on this already, but here is a recent picture of Kim Kardashian's ring.

http://omg.yahoo.com/news/kim-kardashian-39-daughter-north-west-holds-her-175500746-us-weekly.html
I freakin' love it. I love the setting, and, from what I read, the prong orientation was deliberate. If she ever needs someone to wear and super-clean that sucker...she can pay me a visit.

I really hope she pairs it with a matching band, that's super thin and micropave, or even just a simple thin plain one, instead of a giant eternity band like last time.

amc80

Ideal_Rock
15cts. FIFTEEN. I've always been firmly in the "there's no such thing as too big of a diamond" camp, but I may have to change my stance.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
amc80|1388688850|3584958 said:
15cts. FIFTEEN. I've always been firmly in the "there's no such thing as too big of a diamond" camp, but I may have to change my stance.

Apparently Kanye is in the "if you've got it, flaunt it" camp. :wink2:

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
15 carats may seem too big, but I'm pretty sure that most of us wouldn't turn it away…. :lol:

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
I would rock that honker!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
It's too big...but I would rock it until I got tired of it. I'd trade it in for several diamond and CS rings, all 3-5 carats.

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
ah! i wouldnt trust myself with that rock if it didnt have prongs on the corners.

And i would say, "thanks honey" but can i pretty please have six 4 ct stones at that price

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Yeah thats big. I don't think I could pull it off myself. But it's pretty to look at.

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being a Golconda type diamond I wonder what it really cost? The Hope Diamond is also a Golconda.
Golconda diamonds are rare. Clear like limpid water or something.

Golconda - The Current Descriptive Term

The term 'Golconda' is used these days as an indicator of very high quality diamonds, and defines diamonds of the finest white color and transparency. Both the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and the world renowned Gubelin Gem Lab characterize diamonds displaying the finest white color and transparency as type IIa, signifying that they are free from nitrogen and are therefore chemically pure and colorless. Hence, Golconda diamonds are very rare, thanks to their incomparable natural beauty.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm pretty indifferent to most things Kardashian, but her ring is SO pretty. I love it. Just a giant, flawless, look-at-me rock. Get it girl!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Pyramid|1388892734|3586515 said:
Being a Golconda type diamond I wonder what it really cost? The Hope Diamond is also a Golconda.
Golconda diamonds are rare. Clear like limpid water or something.

Golconda - The Current Descriptive Term

The term 'Golconda' is used these days as an indicator of very high quality diamonds, and defines diamonds of the finest white color and transparency. Both the Gemological Institute of America (GIA) and the world renowned Gubelin Gem Lab characterize diamonds displaying the finest white color and transparency as type IIa, signifying that they are free from nitrogen and are therefore chemically pure and colorless. Hence, Golconda diamonds are very rare, thanks to their incomparable natural beauty.

So he purchased an antique diamond? Or is the mine still active?

pyramid

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know if it is antique but I found this on this board on another post about Golconda diamonds:

an article from the New York Times. It says that Golcondas also come from other areas. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/18/fashion/18iht-acaj-diamonds-18.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Extract:
"The Golconda mines have closed. But other sources of Type II diamonds are still in production. “Today, the exact same stones come from Lesotho and South Africa,” said Marvin Samuels, chief executive of Premier Gem Corp., a New York diamond supplier specializing in large, fine stones."

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
Oh I get it now. They are using the name to describe a type of very fine diamonds. I noticed Richard Wise is quoted in the article.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Pyramid|1388958066|3586941 said:
I don't know if it is antique but I found this on this board on another post about Golconda diamonds:

an article from the New York Times. It says that Golcondas also come from other areas. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/03/18/fashion/18iht-acaj-diamonds-18.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Extract:
"The Golconda mines have closed. But other sources of Type II diamonds are still in production. “Today, the exact same stones come from Lesotho and South Africa,” said Marvin Samuels, chief executive of Premier Gem Corp., a New York diamond supplier specializing in large, fine stones."

Interesting thread about Golconda diamonds with lots of links to additional info if you are interested.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/golconda-diamonds.192529/page-2']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/golconda-diamonds.192529/page-2[/URL]

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I can't believe there are just 4 dainty prongs holding that huge rock. I would be terrified of a prong getting loose and the stone falling out!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Isn't this like her 3rd engagement ring?

Jeez. One tackier than the other.

Maybe she'll finally get engaged, then married then STAY married to the guy who tells her "I'm not playing 'keep up with the Kardashians'. I'm proposing marriage and partnership. Here's a nice 4 carat ring that you can wear everyday. If you want something for the media--I'm not your guy. If you want someone for life, here I am. "

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1388991962|3587281 said:

Maybe she'll finally get engaged, then married then STAY married to the guy who tells her "I'm not playing 'keep up with the Kardashians'. I'm proposing marriage and partnership. Here's a nice 4 carat ring that you can wear everyday. If you want something for the media--I'm not your guy. If you want someone for life, here I am. "

She'd say no to that proposal haha.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1388991962|3587281 said:

Ha! Not a chance. And the sad thing is she would find the 4 carat to be waaaay too small. :lol:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
C'mon now, it's KANYE. The guy thinks he's a god. He had to go with the best of the best of the best or whatever.

I like the ring, I'd like it for myself if it was 5cts or so.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
That is sad Laila. And it speaks volumes about her and her upbringing and values.

As for Kanye-- yeah, I've always heard that narcissists make the best husbands. I mean, what's not to love?

sphenequeen

Brilliant_Rock
I for one LOVE the ring. Who cares if this is her 3rd marriage? Everyone here seems to love Liz Taylor, and didn't she have a couple over the top baubles to show for a few of her 8 marriages? Oh... And I believe she did end up married to a man of modest means (for love, we can all assume), and that ended in divorce too. It's NEVER about the ring, big or small.

Way to go, KK. Wear that big ol' diamond proudly and I'll continue to search google images for up close shots of that sucker.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results