shape
carat
color
clarity

Colorado marijuana.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
We've had Green Wednesday, and Munchies Thursday, what do you think about legal marijuana?
:mrgreen: =) :$$): :Up_to_something: :tongue:

I used all the green emoties. Ha!

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think it's great!

I'm hoping Maine votes to make it legal for recreational use in 2016. Portland voted to make it legal for adults to possess up to 2.5 ounces and smoke in their homes but it's basically symbolic as it is still illegal on a state level.

As a certified medical marijuana patient, I don't have to wait. I bought pot legally for the first time last month. That's about 25 or so years since the last time I bought pot, LOL. It was mind-blowing! A store (dispensary) with all kinds of cannabis strains in glass cases, customer service reps that can answer all your questions and encourage you to sniff the wares before buying - I didn't think I'd ever see anything like it in my lifetime.

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
I don't care for marijuana - and I don't think it should be legalized. I've been around enough pot smokers in my life to know how it affects people (in negative ways). I would also like to add that I am addressing the recreational use of marijuana and not the medical use of marijuana. I think that using marijuana for medical reasons is fine and beneficial to those who need it.

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yep, those are my thoughts too. We just had a thread a couple months ago about this I think.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What I find a tad amusing (I must confess) is that even though pot is now legal in CO, your employer has no obligation to NOT fire you if you test for it.

And I still have heard no analysis of how a state law that directly contradicts federal law, is going to play out for enforcement or lack of. It sounds like CO is going to get to straddle the cutting edge of that issue. Oughta be interesting...

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think having it be legal in the State is more symbolic. If it were legal where I lived I still wouldn't smoke it because my employer could test and fire me if I did. Where's the sense in that ?

But I do think it's a step in the right direction. I think the whole "war on drugs" is wrong-headed. And I do think that marijuana should be legalized on a federal level with sensible laws about drug use while driving (illegal) and other sensible restrictions.

And I think the state should regulate it (similar to blue laws in Maryland, which is a pain for alcohol but would be great for pot, IMO), and tax it heavily so that the income from it helps all the struggling state and local government economies.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just legalize it everywhere. It's a freaking plant. You know what will kill you? Meth. Let people have their THC and maybe they'll leave the battery acid and Coracidin alone.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Anything and everything is legal in Colorado!... :read: :lol:

Maria D

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
The video about the 2 year old had a broadcast date of Jan. 2nd but said the incident happened earlier this week - which puts it before it was actually legal to buy pot for recreational use. So of course it had nothing to do with legalization - and everything to do with bad parenting. And of course, with marijuana legalization being the current hot topic, the media will make a bigger deal out of these kinds of incidences than they would, say, of a child getting hold of leftover new year's eve booze lying around. Or mommy or daddy's conventional pharmaceutical drugs.

The disconnect between federal and state laws cannot last. As it is now, companies can and have fired employees for testing positive for THC even though they are qualified medical users. Eventually something will have to give on the federal level.

In other discussions we've had here, the majority are OK with legal medicinal marijuana but not recreational. Personally, I think medicinal is a stepping stone toward full legalization. I wouldn't have said this even 5 years ago but now the tide is turning so quickly (much like gay marriage) that I really do believe that it's only a matter of time before all the states that have medicinal marijuana move to legalize it altogether.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
JaneSmith|1388872155|3586293 said:
We've had Green Wednesday, and Munchies Thursday, what do you think about legal marijuana?
:mrgreen: =) :$$): :Up_to_something: :tongue:

I used all the green emoties. Ha!

This was brought up recently before. I'm fine w/it being legal. I voted yes to legalization.

I've seen so much worse activities done when people are drunk that it would make more sense for booze to be illegal than pot. Not that I'd want beer made illegal, but just saying that worse things are legal than pot. ;))

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
I don't really care either way about legalization. I do however agree with employers who choose to not hire or to fire anyone who test for marijuana...or any un-prescribed drug for that matter. I would be really angry if my accountant made an error on my tax form because she came to work stoned, or my sons teachers began showing up to class having giggle fits and implementing additional snack times. He!! the fast food drive thru can't get my order right now! I know that most responsible people would/will not show up to work stoned, however there will be a minority that will take advantage of legalization and implement it in ALL aspects of their lives regardless of how many conditions are placed on it. Look at how many people are killed everyday by drunk drivers despite the harsh penalties in place.

Marijuana stays in the system for 30 days or something I believe. When being tested how will it be determined if a person smoked this morning or three weeks ago? If laws similar to DWI are implemented for marijuana and a person is pulled over suspected of being high, and then test positive for marijuana by police, how then does that person prove that they were in fact sober at the time they were driving? *shrug* ...I don't care what people do in the privacy of their own homes, but I think it will be difficult to decide where and when someone instituted their right to smoke pot and when a law has been broken.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When I stop to consider how many people are walking around stoned to the bone on pain pills, xanax, oxy, etc. Pot is the least of my concerns as far as someone making a clerical error. :-o

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
monarch64|1389105946|3588157 said:
When I stop to consider how many people are walking around stoned to the bone on pain pills, xanax, oxy, etc. Pot is the least of my concerns as far as someone making a clerical error. :-o

Obviously I was not implying that I would feel MORE comfortable if my child's teacher came to school high on opiates or barbiturates then I would be if s/he came in high on marijuana, or that I would be less upset if a clerical error was the result of heroin injection than if by a few hits of weed. :rolleyes: As I said before, I could care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes, but I would take issue should it directly impact myself or my family...regardless of the substance.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Christina...|1389113855|3588252 said:

Obviously I was not implying that I would feel MORE comfortable if my child's teacher came to school high on opiates or barbiturates then I would be if s/he came in high on marijuana, or that I would be less upset if a clerical error was the result of heroin injection than if by a few hits of weed. :rolleyes: As I said before, I could care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes, but I would take issue should it directly impact myself or my family...regardless of the substance.

Sounds like you're just hoping people will be responsible...which, sadly, regardless of the substance, people won't be so, but I doubt the law will be abused to where there will suddenly be stoned workers all over the place who, before the law, didn't smoke, especially in states where MMJ has been permitted...And, some companies do accept MMJ RX's and others do not...One company I know of did allow MMJ RX's during random drug testing for a while, then changed their policy...they did let the employee who was on Suboxone (as a "recovering" heroin addict) keep taking that though and he was taking it at work. :knockout: That would drive me bonkers!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Obviously I was not implying that I would feel MORE comfortable if my child's teacher came to school high on opiates or barbiturates then I would be if s/he came in high on marijuana, or that I would be less upset if a clerical error was the result of heroin injection than if by a few hits of weed. :rolleyes: As I said before, I could care less what people do in the privacy of their own homes, but I would take issue should it directly impact myself or my family...regardless of the substanc

Oh, I wasn't necessarily disagreeing with you. Just adding the point that people are already legally working and participating in society while they're high as a kite and it often goes unnoticed!

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MC|1389118967|3588299 said:

Sounds like you're just hoping people will be responsible...which, sadly, regardless of the substance, people won't be so, but I doubt the law will be abused to where there will suddenly be stoned workers all over the place who, before the law, didn't smoke, especially in states where MMJ has been permitted...And, some companies do accept MMJ RX's and others do not...One company I know of did allow MMJ RX's during random drug testing for a while, then changed their policy...they did let the employee who was on Suboxone (as a "recovering" heroin addict) keep taking that though and he was taking it at work. :knockout: That would drive me bonkers!
I wonder if they HAD to allow the Suboxone as a part of his addiction which was considered a disability. At that point he was covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act.

OreoRosies86

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Marijuana used properly can greatly improve people's quality of life. I choose not to partake only because it is illegal, but I think the legalization in Colorado is a step in the right direction.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results