shape
carat
color
clarity

I'm engaged! Lucky #7 off the list!

vip0802

Brilliant_Rock
I started out on the LIW list back in 2009 at #126 while in a different relationship, went off the list and then came back on, and now I'm engaged at #7!

My fiancé is from Maine and we had traveled there to celebrate an early Christmas with his family. I had asked for a new winter jacket as my gift, and the day before he proposed, we went shopping at LL Bean where he purchased one for me. We had planned to open gifts with his family the next day, and as a joke, he wrapped my jacket for me to open even though i had worn it out of the store. The next day after opening my other gifts, he handed me my wrapped jacket as my last gift and tried it on again for his family to see. I noticed there was something in my pocket, so I reached in and it was a ring box! For a split second I thought he had gotten me another piece of jewelry, but his brother's girlfriend let out a gasp, and it was then that i realized he was standing in front of me with a big grin on his face. I opened it to find my beautiful ring and he proposed to me in front of his family.

His mother was the only one who knew he was going to propose, and luckily she got it on video because I couldn't even remember what he had said to me before the "will you marry me" part! :lol: It was so sweet and I'm so happy we got to share our moment with them! I found out later that he had purchased the ring from my mom (she's a jeweler) a month ago right under my nose! We usually visit my mom at her store every other week, and at that particular visit, we had brought along our new puppy Corgi for my mom and dad to meet. While I had gone to the restroom, he had asked my parents for permission to marry me and bought the ring. Apparently I came back too soon because my mom was swiping his credit card when I came back! He then went behind the counter to grab a tissue, where my mom sneakily passed his card back and he was able to stuff the ring box in his pocket. I had no clue!

Anyway, on to the ring!
It's an OMC
1.78ct
K color
VS1
strong blue fluorescence
set in platinum (I can't remember how many carats are in the setting)
ring size is between 4 1/2 and 5

It's just so beautiful and I'm so unbelievably happy to be marrying the love of my life!

img_4535.jpg

img_4530.jpg

img_4534.jpg

img_4536.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Omg how wonderful!! I love when they are good sneaky like that. Congratulations, what a beautiful ring!

SouthernSunset

Rough_Rock
That's awesome!

He got you good too he he. Who knew being sneaky could be so romantic. ;-)

lktx

Shiny_Rock
What a wonderful story, and how lovely that your engagement was captured on video. Best wishes!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
:appl: What a great engagement story (and ring buying adventure!!)!! Too funny that you almost caught him in the act of buying the ring! Congratulations!!

(so... show us the jacket - you'll always be happy when you wear it!!)

audball

Ideal_Rock
I remember you from way back when! Congrats on your engagement!! :)) Beautiful ring!

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
Vi!!!! OMG YAAYYYYY!!! :love:

So so so very happy and excited for you and your new FI! Many congratulations to you, and how very sneaky of him! :appl:

sparkle45

Shiny_Rock
What a cute story! Congratulations!

ndc923

Rough_Rock
Congratulations! Your ring is absolutely beautiful, and your story is so sweet :appl:

kathley

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Love your OMC and setting and congratulations! :appl:

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! So glad I poked my head in over here and saw this news!

16ocean

Brilliant_Rock
What a wonderful story vip0802 congrats to you and the love of your life! :appl:

maple2012

Shiny_Rock
Congrats! What a lovely story and beautiful ring!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results