shape
carat
color
clarity

Pearl appraiser - recommendations?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone,

I received a strand of white South Sea pearls from my MIL at my wedding. The pearls are round and lustrous and I love them. However, I'd like to get them appraised so I can wear them safely without worrying about losing them or theft.

Does anyone know of a good pearl appraiser or how to find one? I live in Seattle but I'll take any recommendations. Should I just go to a reputable jeweler in the area? I have no idea what she paid for them, but I'm guessing that they're quite valuable.

I'm worried that many jewelers won't have adequate pearl experience. I don't want to end up with an inflated appraisal.

Thanks!
sortmon

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
I would ask this over on pearl guide. I know someone who has a GIA in pearls among other gems. I don't know if she appraises though. Others there may be able to help. Pearl paradise may be able to do it also.

SMC

Ideal_Rock
NacreLover|1388706579|3585121 said:
I would ask this over on pearl guide. I know someone who has a GIA in pearls among other gems. I don't know if she appraises though. Others there may be able to help. Pearl paradise may be able to do it also.
Thank you! I started a thread over there in the "Consumer Pearl Q&A" section.

I've received appraisals from PP on my items, but the value that they reflect always seem to be much higher compared to my purchase price. I'd rather it reflect a more true purchase value to avoid paying higher premiums than necessary.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results