shape
carat
color
clarity

Suggest great snow boots for me?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate Uggs. I'm 54 and they would look ridiculous on me. Anyone have a suggestion for SNOW boots that are neither too young or too dorky?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My North Face snow boots have performed and held up really well. They don't make the style I have anymore, but they're basically black suede with black cable knit sweater trim at the top (they're about the same height as classic Uggs.) What I like most about North Face boots is that most of them have IcePick technology in the soles and it's really great for traction on ice and snow. I broke an ankle about 12 years ago on black ice and have been paranoid ever since. I just looked at a couple styles on the NF website and a lot of sizes are sold out. You might have to just go to a sporting goods store and try on whatever's available at this point, as it's pretty late in the season. Stores will be getting their summer shipments beginning in February but you might luck out with an awesome sale this month!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
I just bought a pair of Sorel Torofino Cate's from Zappos and really like them. Merrell and NorthFace are also highly recommended on Zappos.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am on a search for functional but beautiful snow boots as well with the added complication of thin calves. I ordered the Cole Haan waterproof Parson boot to try and it came yesterday. It's a bit big around the calf but I am going to think about keeping it if it is comfortable because it is better looking than most waterproof boots. I own a few Timberland waterproof boots and they are definitely functional but leave something to be desired re form. But they do keep you warm and dry.

http://www.zappos.com/cole-haan-parson-boot-wp-chestnut?ef_id=UreWrwAABJ2p@@fp:20131231131811:s

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Missy - those are gorgeous ! I have very thin calves and would love a boot like that but with a 15" calf on the boot that would swallow my legs !! haha!

Has anyone tried Sorell (Sorel) boots? I need lace up and super duper warm !!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bebe|1388516858|3583922 said:
Missy - those are gorgeous ! I have very thin calves and would love a boot like that but with a 15" calf on the boot that would swallow my legs !! haha!

I saw these last week, IRL, and they are gorgeous! Had Sorel's as a kid but can't say anything about recent products.

http://www.sorelfootwear.ca/Women%27s-Joan-of-Arctic%E2%84%A2-Boot/NL1540,en_CA,pd.html

AprilB:

I know you said you didn't want Uggs, but I have Emu's--they are high/at my knee and I love them. Warm, fashion forward, and serviceable in our snowy mountain Canadian winters.

http://www.emuaustralia.com/

cheers--Sharon

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
bebe|1388516858|3583922 said:

You are right-they do swallow my calves but I really love the warmth of them. Here's a pic I just took and also one of new boots I just bought today that are weatherproof-Aquatalia. I really like them as they are super comfie. They don't fit perfectly on my calf either but they are good enough for snow boots for me.

Second pic is the cole haan (large on calf) boot and first pic is the Aquatalia all weather boot I got today.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! I hope 2014 is a happy and healthy year for all. :wavey:

aquataliaboots.jpg

colehaanparsonbootbigoncalf.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Missy--de lurking for a question: which Auquatallia boot are you modeling? Am in the boot search & I love it!!
Many thanks in advance--
sarahb

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1388600349|3584366 said:
Missy--de lurking for a question: which Auquatallia boot are you modeling? Am in the boot search & I love it!!
Many thanks in advance--
sarahb

Hi Sarah, I just looked at the receipt and I cannot find anything but weatherproof Aquatalia. I don't know the model-I'm sorry! I took some more pics if that helps you at all though.

aquataliasole.jpg

closeupofzipper.jpg

insideboot.jpg

sideofbootshowingstrap.jpg

ViolaDiamante

Rough_Rock
For the questions on Sorels: I always had the classic 'Caribou' style growing up and when I needed some actual snow boots a couple winters ago I bought a pair of this model :

http://shop.nordstrom.com/s/sorel-tivoli-high-waterproof-boot/3279430?origin=category&cm_ven=Linkshare&cm_cat=partner&cm_pla=10&cm_ite=1&siteId=gcdL_ATRVoE-VDf4JJRZAPafD14FGI2.7w

(no longer available it looks like) and they've been great so far. My parents have had their old pairs for years, and the newer ones seem to be of comparable quality. And they come in so many cute styles - I love the Joan of Arctics too!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
missy|1388623932|3584514 said:
sarahb|1388600349|3584366 said:
Many thanks in advance--
sarahb

Hi Sarah, I just looked at the receipt and I cannot find anything but weatherproof Aquatalia. I don't know the model-I'm sorry! I took some more pics if that helps you at all though.

Awww Missy, thank you so much for your detailed response!! Your photos have helped greatly! Never thought I'd find my next pair of boots on PS, PS'ers are the best!!!
:appl: :appl: :wavey:
sarahb

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results