shape
carat
color
clarity

ILander (or anyone) - can you please help?

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
My Mum is a very good hider of things and she often hides things so well she cannot find them again.

My father passed away this year (still 2013) and she has hidden some of is jewellery including a very heavy gold chain that she wants to give my son for his 21st (on the 9th Jan).

She lives in a small unit in a retirement community. She showed us the chain a month or so ago, and that week her unit was being painted so she had moved everything movable into her garage (not heavy furniture but everything in it). The jewellery was in a Asian style pounch, red/pink silk satin with a zipper on the top.

Does anyone have any feelings where the pouch may be? I keep getting a feeling it is in the kitchen as that was not emptied during the painting, but I think I have looked everywhere and we can't find it.

Please help!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I know two people that recently found some valuables hidden in the pockets of clothes - has she carefully searched her closet? Another had slipped a small jewelry box in between linens in the linen closets. Just a couple of thoughts . . . . good luck on locating the items!

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
In a box of cleaning supplies under or around the sink but not in the kitchen.

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock
Hurrah! She just phoned me to say she has found them! She was so depressed about it that she went back to bed this morning and laying there, she thought she would check an old chest of drawers in the garage that has misc tools etc in. The pouch was in the bottom drawer! I said what on earth made her hide the pouch in the drawers in the garage? She was worried about the painters...

So Karl K, you were pretty much right! The drawers do have cleaning stuff in!

MGR, I thought the same, and checked all of Dad's outdoor jackets that were hanging in the storage room (funnily enough, close to the drawers).

One time when they went away, she locked all the jewellery in a drawer in their study, and hid the key. When she came home, she couldn't find where she had hidden the key, so she had to get a locksmith in the change the lock. She found the key much later inside the zipper of one of the cushions on the base of the couch.

I must get her a safe.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results