shape
carat
color
clarity

Are you excited for the new year?

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
..do you have any particular dreams/goals/resolutions?

I'd love to hear! :wavey:

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
No.

JaneSmith

Brilliant_Rock
:lol:

Maisie

Super_Ideal_Rock
I'm excited for 2014 because I'm going to be a grandma for the first time! :appl:

rosetta

Ideal_Rock
Yes! It's my husband's first year as a partner and he's finally earning decent money. We might actually be able to afford a house soon! *knocks on wood*

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Meh. We've spent a year dealing with a horrible rental property situation, and I'm looking forward to moving on from owning the property and putting that all behind us. I'm hoping it will end soon. That will be good. I'll cry though if we have to rent the property out again if it doesn't sell within a few months.

There's also a chance I may lose my job due to budget cuts once the school year's over. I just went through that last year and it wasn't fun. So, I guess I WANT to be excited for the new year, but I'm a bit guarded I suppose.

Oh, we are planning to visit my sister and her boyfriend. They live across the country from us, so we don't see them often. I've only been to their city once but my husband's never been. That will be a fun trip and I'm sure it will be good to get away.

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
my plans for the new year include:

Lose at least 50 pounds (70 would be nice!)
Graduate with two transfer associate degrees
get accepted into at least one of the engineering programs at the university
1st wedding anniversary

ETA:

"A" will be starting high school

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, I'm looking forward to it very much. Hoping to have baby number 3.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I always look forward to the new year. I mean, to dread it is kind of pointless since one never knows exactly what will happen. The only thing I can control is my attitude towards things, I guess.

I am already planning my outdoor garden and will be starting seeds (some I saved from last season) soon inside, then transferring them to the greenhouse. I signed up for a Master Gardener class that begins in January and runs through May, and to complete the course and receive my certificate I'll be putting in 35 hours of volunteering locally.

My other focus will be on good health, as far as eating habits and exercise. I've just purchased 2 workout DVDs because I don't have time for classes, and I'm also going to try harder to eat seasonally and cut out processed convenience foods entirely.

So yes, I'm excited!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results