shape
carat
color
clarity

Some goodies

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
I wanted to show some long overdue pictures of a project that brightened up my autumn. Grayish blue spinels, bought from Tan and accent diamonds from mlopros' Ebays store, shipped off to Sally at Heart of Water. I've been more into sets lately. The metal is silver all around.

The first necklace has a blue moonstone and shows a surprisingly strong blue flash, there is also a tiny ruby set in the chain to add some spice to all the blue.

spinelnecklace.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a better picture.

spinelnecklace2.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
A neckshot with some friends. :bigsmile:

spinelneckshotandrings.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Then the earring(s). Sally came up with this design and I love it. Not too festive alone, it's possible to use them at work, but when worn as a set, a nice combo.

spinelearring.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
A view from the back.

spinelearringback.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here's an earshot with the pendant that is still to be shown. :naughty: I've had so much fun with these.

_13249.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here's my darling. A three carat, literally bubbly, spinel that I stalked for months (over a year maybe) in one of Tan's stores. It looked horrible in the video, but I took a chance and when set, it looks very respectable.

spinelpendat.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
A close up. I was a little tentative about the idea at first, setting the diamonds like this wasn't something that I had seen before my inner eye. But when I saw the end result I liked the crazy chaos creativity that surrounds the stone. It's just the right degree of oddly beautiful, for me. :))

spinelpendantcloseup.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a neckshot.

spinelpendantneckshot.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Here's an overall picture. This set is so comfy, somehow. I love wearing it, in any combination.

spineloverall.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
And then one picture of the earrings together.

spinelearringonorange.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
This is my magic ring, the one that I pick whenever I feel I need a boost of color for my day.

_13251.jpg

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for looking. :)

_13252.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love the spinel pendant!!

Haha, I had janish set my opal too!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
MTG - Thanks! This was a new vendor for me http://www.etsy.com/shop/danaevansstudio , although her style looks a lot like Janishes in some pieces. I have one opal that I'm going to have set in a pendant as soon as I can and Janish is definitely the one I'm going to contact. Ah, these opals! :bigsmile:

JewelFreak

Ideal_Rock
What a creative time you've had! Very pretty. I really love the pendant w/the diamonds -- that worked out beautifully!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi MT! :wavey: Great to see you back and what a way to end the year on PS, with a lovely set of blue spinel & moonstone jewellery. They are so creative and I especially love the necklace drop.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous jewelry MTG! I especially love the spinel pendant. I love the ring and asked Dana right when I saw it months ago to see if she could make one for me like that but it would be hard to find a stone like that! I love the pretty silver set too!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Hey everyone :wavey:

Thank you Chrono and JewelFreak :)) Warms my heart to be back!

Ilovegemstones, Thanks! :)) I spent many happy ours on centurygems Ebay store and found at least three opals that reminded me a lot of the one I have in my ring. I ordered two opals and they came promptly and are the real thing (the postage charge was bigger than usual, otherwise cool vendor). Maybe you could find a stone there? To me it seemed Dana is a wonderful seller, but maybe not all that used to custom design. What did you think?

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
VEEEERY nice collection!! and the bubbly spinel w the baguettes is probably my favourite (if I had to chose just one!) :love: I love the fluttery look of how they rise and fall around the spinel - So creative!!

Lovely gems - thank you for sharing!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you Enerchi, yes, fluttery look, I like how you put that! :)

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So much that you do I like! Its always a delight to see you posting, because you typically save up and share a bunch of lovelies for us - almost like its Christmas all over and we're getting the eye candy! :appl:

Anyway, I love that you used a bubbly blue spinel and it looks elegant set with the diamonds. I also love your magic ring - I'm starting to think gold really show off opals. Do you get a lot of play of color out of that opal? It sure looks gorgeous - and well protected! :lol:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Great pieces. I love the diamond setting, especially.

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Minousbijoux - thank you! :) I love your take on that, that it's like Christmas when I post a bunch of stuff. =) The Opal is amazing, going from a bright cyan blue (like swiss topaz) to flashes of green, clear, pink. I could stare at it all day.

Pregcurious - thank you. :) I was told the diamonds took forever to set, but it was definitely worth it from my point of view. :bigsmile:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mariedtiger, I agree about the custom work. I think I just have to check the store frequently and I may see a similar ring one day! I will look up that vendour - thanks! I have other pieces to work on first. Your spinel pendant is really, really inspiring!

mariedtiger

Brilliant_Rock
Ilovegemstones - oh all these lovely projects that go on and on. I have a purple sapphire/spinel set that I'm saving up for and collecting gems for right now.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results