shape
carat
color
clarity

FedEx UPS issues for Christmas?

Scarlett1

Brilliant_Rock
momhappy|1388089982|3580925 said:
While I can appreciate bad weather causing delays, I don't think that it was a fair excuse to say that they were "overwhelmed." There are tons of people looking for work and I can't imagine that they would be short-staffed during their busiest times a year. Lame excuse in my opinion and I feel bad for those who were promised shipping deadlines and their packages arrived late. A friend of mine purchased one, large, main gift (from Santa) for her kids this year and she was told (on Christmas Eve) that it would not arrive in time for Christmas. How do you explain to your kids that Santa is running late? Unless there was inclement weather conditions, I'd be furious with FedEx/UPS for late deliveries.
+1 This happened to me. The only thing my son asked for from Santa I ordered on the 2nd of December and still no sign :angryfire: Nobody can tell me where it is, Fedex has been a nightmare about it!!!! Shop says Fedex has it, Fedex said they sent it back to the shop because they couldn't deliver WTF!!! and can't give me a reason why!!!!
I had to scour the shops on Christmas Eve to hunt for what he asked for and was very very lucky I found it.
Niel I really sympathise and it's exactly as you said, They should have just said they couldn't deliver on time so you could have sorted something else out!!! It's the lack of communication that bugs the hell out of me!!

momhappy

Ideal_Rock
Autumnovember|1388110710|3581089 said:
momhappy|1388109350|3581072 said:
Autumnovember|1388094545|3580964 said:
I may get flamed for this but here goes:

Honestly, big deal that something didn't arrive on for Christmas exactly on time. I was watching the news and a lot of people sure are pissed off about it. And not just you know, slightly peeved, but PISSED OFF. Really? I mentioned in another thread why I disliked Christmas and this is part of the reason. Christmas seems like its really turned into a huge, money-making business holiday. Presents, presents, presents.

If you paid extra for some kind of shipping, then yes, I hope you're able to get some money back.

I have the same FedEx guy come deliver medications to our office everyday and the poor guy is just completely DRAINED. Exhausted from the last 3 weeks of work. I asked him how he was doing today and he said he felt like he was barely making it, tired.

If a Christmas gift arrived late, so be it. Still getting it, right? There are a lot of people out there getting absolutely nothing at all.

This isn't towards anyone either. I haven't read any responses yet. I just think there are so many more things to be annoyed about.

Niel, I hope your package arrives soon and she is able to enjoy the gift you've bought for her. It will be special regardless!

It may not be a big deal to you, but it is to others and I don't think it's fair to minimize it simply because you don't like Christmas presents. I shop early and try to avoid these types of things, but I still feel bad for those who didn't get gifts on time as promised.

Difference of opinion.

Yes, clearly a difference of opinion (and that's perfectly fine). However, as I said before, just because you think that Christmas has become too materialistic, doesn't mean that someone shouldn't be upset when their gifts didn't arrive on time. Maybe Christmas has become too materialistic (I can somewhat agree with you on that), but that's another topic entirely and I don't really think that it has much to do with this particular thread.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
And this is why I don't wait till the last minute to buy gifts. I don't care what the website, FedEx, UPS etc says. You can't really be frustrated with the system because you were one of many ppl who waited till the last second to make a purchase.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
momhappy|1388163194|3581332 said:
Autumnovember|1388110710|3581089 said:
momhappy|1388109350|3581072 said:
Autumnovember|1388094545|3580964 said:
I may get flamed for this but here goes:

Honestly, big deal that something didn't arrive on for Christmas exactly on time. I was watching the news and a lot of people sure are pissed off about it. And not just you know, slightly peeved, but PISSED OFF. Really? I mentioned in another thread why I disliked Christmas and this is part of the reason. Christmas seems like its really turned into a huge, money-making business holiday. Presents, presents, presents.

If you paid extra for some kind of shipping, then yes, I hope you're able to get some money back.

I have the same FedEx guy come deliver medications to our office everyday and the poor guy is just completely DRAINED. Exhausted from the last 3 weeks of work. I asked him how he was doing today and he said he felt like he was barely making it, tired.

If a Christmas gift arrived late, so be it. Still getting it, right? There are a lot of people out there getting absolutely nothing at all.

This isn't towards anyone either. I haven't read any responses yet. I just think there are so many more things to be annoyed about.

Niel, I hope your package arrives soon and she is able to enjoy the gift you've bought for her. It will be special regardless!

It may not be a big deal to you, but it is to others and I don't think it's fair to minimize it simply because you don't like Christmas presents. I shop early and try to avoid these types of things, but I still feel bad for those who didn't get gifts on time as promised.

Difference of opinion.

We'll leave it at that, Momhappy. Because my opinion remains unchanged that in the grand scheme of things, its not a huge deal. We could talk for days about what one should or shouldn't be upset over.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hate that Christmas is all about the gifts.

But that has nothing to do with this.

If I pay for a service and they make a promise to me - in this case, that something will be delivered by a certain day, that's what I expect.

Feeling bad for the drivers is completely separate from wanting the company to do the right thing.

First, let me know it WON'T be delivered on time, so I can make whatever other arrangements I need to make. And if I paid extra for a special kind of shipping, refund me that money. That's fair.

ETA: I should add, that as much as I hate all the emphasis on gifts the handful of people I really do want to give a gift to - like my DH - it's really disappointing when you want to surprise them or give them something on a particular day and you wait and wait and wait and it never comes. Nobody dies over it, you deal with it. But it can feel so disappointing.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1388169116|3581388 said:

If I pay for a service and they make a promise to me - in this case, that something will be delivered by a certain day, that's what I expect.

Feeling bad for the drivers is completely separate from wanting the company to do the right thing.

First, let me know it WON'T be delivered on time, so I can make whatever other arrangements I need to make. And if I paid extra for a special kind of shipping, refund me that money. That's fair.

ETA: I should add, that as much as I hate all the emphasis on gifts the handful of people I really do want to give a gift to - like my DH - it's really disappointing when you want to surprise them or give them something on a particular day and you wait and wait and wait and it never comes. Nobody dies over it, you deal with it. But it can feel so disappointing.

Out of curiousity, would you be equally angry if it was any other day?

Disappointing, I get. Angry, furious, pissed off... I don't get. I understand that people rely on these companies specifically to get things on time and them messing up on such a big holiday makes them look bad. BUT, is it something to be so angry over?

I said I wasnt talking to anyone specific in this thread. I wasnt. I saw the news about it and saw some really pissed off people.

CJ2008

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Autumnovember|1388169772|3581393 said:

Disappointing, I get. Angry, furious, pissed off... I don't get. I understand that people rely on these companies specifically to get things on time and them messing up on such a big holiday makes them look bad. BUT, is it something to be so angry over?

I said I wasnt talking to anyone specific in this thread. I wasnt. I saw the news about it and saw some really pissed off people.

Oh, no, AN, I also wasn't directing this at anyone in particular but to EVERYONE'S comments as a whole.

Let me think...maybe...I think it's not about the DAY but what the occasion is for ME. The more special the gift/reason I'm giving it, the more disappointed I'm going to feel.

I can't say for sure I'd be "furious" or "pissed off" - I think that would depend on how the company handled it...if they seemed totally indifferent that would really bother me. And maybe if I had been calling all day and getting confirmations that yes, I was going to get the package, and then I don't...that might make me angry. Again, I think it's about not giving me the CHOICE of making other arrangements.

Autumnovember

Ideal_Rock
CJ2008|1388170177|3581401 said:
Autumnovember|1388169772|3581393 said:

Oh, no, AN, I also wasn't directing this at anyone in particular but to EVERYONE'S comments as a whole.

Let me think...maybe...I think it's not about the DAY but what the occasion is for ME. The more special the gift/reason I'm giving it, the more disappointed I'm going to feel.

I can't say for sure I'd be "furious" or "pissed off" - I think that would depend on how the company handled it...if they seemed totally indifferent that would really bother me. And maybe if I had been calling all day and getting confirmations that yes, I was going to get the package, and then I don't...that might make me angry. Again, I think it's about not giving me the CHOICE of making other arrangements.

I gotcha, CJ!

Indylady

Ideal_Rock
AutumnNovember, I'm with you. I absolutely, positively sympathize with presents that didn't come in on time (I had two that didn't either) but, no one in my family would be particularly disappointed by a late gift, and while it was a bummer not to put those gifts under the tree, it was just part of the 'Christmas sprit' to have some patience. And, I LOVE giving Christmas gifts--I just get such a kick out of seeing a pretty pile of boxes under the tree.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results